Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ossy Exile
  • 1 Post By Ossy Exile
  • 1 Post By Gordon Booth

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2012, 15:43   #1

Looking for my past

Hi there folks,
Are there any people on this forum that would have attended St.Pauls primary school somewhere between 1966 and 1972 and then went onto Ryddings afterwards? The reason I ask, is that I was there during that time having been taught by the likes of Mrs. Smith, Mrs.Dawson and Mrs.Yates. I was about to go up to Mr.Hindle when my Dad changed jobs which took us all over to Sheffield. My mum and I went back to visit my grandma (who used to live on Nuttall St. in Accy), who by then was in Norwood Nursing Home on Whalley Rd.
I often wonder about the kids I would have grown up with and the life I could have had if I stayed. The only people I remember are Andrew Hunneybell and Patricia and Peter Clark - Dad says their family used to attend St.Pauls CofE Church where he was once a Sunday school teacher. It all seems a long time ago now - but I still remember as a little boy having a crush on Patricia . So come on you good folk of Ossy, please fill in the blanks and put a on my face!
andynlisa likes this.
Ossy Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2012, 16:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Looking for my past

It would be helpful if you declared your name.

I am trying to find a St Paul's lad, older than you, called John Walmsley. He had a sister (Ann?) They lived up Fielding Lane in a big house, right hand side going up. John went to the Grammar School after St Paul's.

An archive of old photos has recently turned up at Rhyddings. Mr Perrt has charge of it and is trying to 'date' them and identify the inmates.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 12:06   #3

Patricia had two brothers Tony (older|) and Stephen (Younger) – no Peter
All went to the school and church.
Old 28-01-2012, 12:20   #4

I left St Pauls in 1971 although I went to Springhill till we moved to Ossy in about 68

First two years I was in Mrs Yates's class, fortunately I was on the right side of of her, so didnt suffer too much. In fact in retrospect she taught me a lot.

Mrs Dawson started while I was there and seemed very easy going compared to the other teachers.

Mrs Smith lived on the same block as us up Feilding Lane and I sometimes went to help with her class durring wet playtimes.

If you had put your name I could have said if I remembered you or not although with the names you mentioned I do think you may have been in a year below me.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 16:14   #5

My apologies to those few that did reply to my initial email; I did not state my name, it is David Noad (rapidly approaching 50 this month) and having a younger brother Mark (aged 46).

If by any chance these names ring a bell, please drop me a line on here. It is no doubt a slim chance as we were both removed from Ossy in May 1972, as our Dad took up employment on the other side of the Pennines. Can you guess how welcome them Yorkies made us feel coming from the right side of the hills!! I wonder how things would have turned out if I had continued to live in Lancs ??

I'm still a staunch Northerner, proud of being Lancastrian and still support Man U. I also continue to hunt down saspirilla tablets, Hollands pies and Lions sports mix - so you see, it's in my blood.

Regards to all,

Dave Noad.
andynlisa likes this.
Ossy Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 18:34   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
It would be helpful if you declared your name.

I am trying to find a St Paul's lad, older than you, called John Walmsley. He had a sister (Ann?) They lived up Fielding Lane in a big house, right hand side going up. John went to the Grammar School after St Paul's.

An archive of old photos has recently turned up at Rhyddings. Mr Perrt has charge of it and is trying to 'date' them and identify the inmates.
Hey up Bob, you'd have more chance if you declared your name.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:05   #7

My name is Jeff Whatmore. I went to both those schools 1959 to 1971.
whatmore55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:31   #8
Senior Member+

The lad In seek rom St Paul's, John B Walmsley, left there in 52 to go to the Grammar School. He left in 57 . Maybe he joined the Merchant Navy, lived in Fielding Lane and may have had a younger sister, Ann.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10   #9
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post

Mrs Smith lived on the same block as us up Feilding Lane and I sometimes went to help with her class durring wet playtimes.
Mrs Smith and her husband who had the garage up Fielding Lane with his brother used to be regulars in the Stop And Rest .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 16:57   #10

Dear Dave,
Ive just found your message on here after all this time. I dont know if you still go on here as it was posted 12 months ago but get in touch again when you can.
All the best, Andy Hunneybell
andynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 17:50   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andynlisa View Post
Dear Dave,
Ive just found your message on here after all this time. I dont know if you still go on here as it was posted 12 months ago but get in touch again when you can.
All the best, Andy Hunneybell
Andy, David Noad hasn't been on Accyweb for over a year so probably won't see your post.
If you send him a PM he'll pick it up on his normal email.
andynlisa likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 18:03   #12

thanks for that Gordon...... its been about 46 years since I last saw Dave.
andynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..