Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2009, 11:35   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MP's expenses

if you are i are discovered de-frauding folk then you or i get prosecuted! whats the difference?
Old 14-05-2009, 12:07   #122
God Member

I notice that one name that is notable so far by it's absence is that of the speaker, Michael Martin. I wonder if his brutal savaging of the MP Kate Hoey may have anything to do with the fact (some of you will remember) that several years ago this Scottish scoundrel was also caught with his hands in the taxpayer's till when he claimed for his missus's shopping jaunts around London's West End. Personally, I think the man is a disgrace as speaker and representative of the house and the only seat he should have in the capital is that in the dock of the number one court, the Old Bailey, alongside that of his compatriots, messrs Brown and Darling.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 13:37   #123
Super Moderator

Good. Hope this is the first of many.

The TaxPayers' Alliance - Campaign: Why we have called the police in to investigate MPs' expenses
Old 14-05-2009, 13:40   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
its a start, but whats the odds on it being swept under the carpet?
Old 14-05-2009, 13:51   #125
God Member

I don't see how he can be innocent, surely he knew the mortgage had been paid off. It is absolutely deplorable that any MP would stoop so low
Old 14-05-2009, 13:53   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its a start, but whats the odds on it being swept under the carpet?
If so, then will Gordon Brown be able to claim it with his cleaner's expenses?
Old 14-05-2009, 13:57   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
If so, then will Gordon Brown be able to claim it with his cleaner's expenses?
who knows?all parties are guilty of having cheating *******.
Old 14-05-2009, 14:13   #128
God Member

I see Brown has just chucked Morley out the PLP; the usual political ploy of a sacrificial lamb in the hope that the scandal will die down. Some hope!

It ain't much better over in the other house - that half-wit from Blackburn, Lord Taylor has also been slung out the Upper House, the first time that's happened since the days of Charles the First. Is it to much to hope that our current Charles will lead a column of Challenger tanks down Whitehall, stopping off at Downing Street to fire a few rounds through the doors of No's 10 & 11 respectively, before proceeding down to Parliament Square and then lay waste the sorry shambles of our so-called representatives??
Old 14-05-2009, 14:16   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

keep posting the good news T. yer making cashy very happy.
Old 14-05-2009, 14:33   #130
God Member

Quote:
keep posting the good news T. yer making cashy very happy.
The trouble is, Cashy, it ain't good news - its bad and can't get any worse. We were all used to the occaisional shananigins of our MP's - getting the leg over in some dodgy Soho massage parlour, a bit of up the bum on Clapham Common, a few used fivers in brown envelopes - but this time it's practically the lot of 'em who've been on the fiddle. It is a complete and utter collapse in what remains of any confidence in our MP's and their role and like everyone else on here, I just despair. Does anyone have a solution?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 14-05-2009 at 14:35.
Old 14-05-2009, 14:40   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well its good news to me T. i have bin saying they are shysters n frauds fer last 15 yrs or so, n people thought i was strange. the chickens have come home to roost n i am delighted.
Old 14-05-2009, 14:56   #132
God Member

Quote:
well its good news to me T. i have bin saying they are shysters n frauds fer last 15 yrs or so, n people thought i was strange. the chickens have come home to roost n i am delighted.
Aye, but they're only going back through the records for the last 4 years....this expenses lark has been going on for 25 years. Those that were there and gone will get clean away and I doubt if we will see one of the current lot formally pay back the full amounts they pilfered - never mind any criminal charges being brought.

Let's see if the Torygraph has 'owt to say over the Speaker tomorrow.
Old 14-05-2009, 15:04   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Aye, but they're only going back through the records for the last 4 years....this expenses lark has been going on for 25 years. Those that were there and gone will get clean away and I doubt if we will see one of the current lot formally pay back the full amounts they pilfered - never mind any criminal charges being brought.

Let's see if the Torygraph has 'owt to say over the Speaker tomorrow.
oh i agree completely, but am still delighted they have come unstuck n whatever the outcome have no doubt it will be a damn site harder to rob the public in the light of these exposures.
Old 14-05-2009, 15:45   #134
God Member

A few weeks ago on this forum AndrewB was slated for using the FOI Act to discover, what local politicians were claiming as expenses.
Several National newspapers requested information as to MP's expenses and where given a date when the information was to be released, possibly in an abridged version.
The information was released by a 'Leak', good word that, and the dung hit the fan.
With European Elections and some Local Elections coming up my question is:
Will you be casting a vote?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 16:04   #135
Resting in Peace

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MPs expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I don't see how he can be innocent, surely he knew the mortgage had been paid off. It is absolutely deplorable that any MP would stoop so low
Oh come on Bernie the poor lad forgot, it was a genuine mistake, and he's apologiesed, what more can he do

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..