Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The fair is in ossy! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-fair-is-in-ossy-57909.html)

panther 16-05-2011 15:08

The fair is in ossy!

At whiteash playing fields, off harvey st!, WHY?, its gonna wreck it.... Do they need permission for that?, if so which idiot gave it?:mad:
Lorrys starting to park on it already and caravans, it looks a right sight, not to mention Harvey St is getting full off lorrys parking on it.:(

steve2qec 16-05-2011 15:19

Re: The fair is in ossy!

Better keep our doors and windows locked!!

accyman 16-05-2011 15:29

the road blockage that's been caused isn't the fair peoples fault its the ignorant sods who are parking outside the community center that have dumped their cars directly across from the wagons making it pretty awkward and risky driving down Harvey street.Theses a flipping carpark at the rear they could have used but nope walking a few extra feet isn't an option.I would say the fair people are causing less obstruction than the parents of teh football teams that play there at weekends because at least the fair people arnt double parking

excellent choice of location for the fair i will be definitely taking the kids to it.

the music will most likely be heard even with my windows shut but as long as they dont play justing bieber i can live with it.:D

steve2qec 16-05-2011 15:56

Didn't mean it from a noise point-of-view, but perhaps I shouldn't tar all our itinerant friends with the same brush.

accyman 16-05-2011 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 906656)
Didn't mean it from a noise point-of-view, but perhaps I shouldn't tar all our itinerant friends with the same brush.

dont get me wrong the sheds getting an extra padlock slapped on it just incase :D

thats this weeks quota of stereotyping done now whats next on the list of things to do lol :D

jaysay 16-05-2011 17:55

How long is it since the Fair was in Ossy, I can't remember, can't remember it being mentioned on here before either

Neil 16-05-2011 20:14

I cant believe they are legally setting up on the football fields so what is our wonderful council going to do about the destruction of the playing fields and what is it going to cost the council to repair the damage?

Maybe one of our many councillor members would like to comment

lancsdave 16-05-2011 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 906757)
I cant believe they are legally setting up on the football fields so what is our wonderful council going to do about the destruction of the playing fields and what is it going to cost the council to repair the damage?

Which ward is it in ?

Neil 16-05-2011 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 906758)
Which ward is it in ?

Not sure, I would guess at St Andrews.

cashman 16-05-2011 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 906648)
Better keep our doors and windows locked!!

from the chavs that hang around the fairs, the gaff lads never were a problem in that respect.;)

vicky1 16-05-2011 21:12

Hope its better than the little bit of a fair we had in the town centre the other weekend

Mancie 16-05-2011 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 906765)
from the chavs that hang around the fairs, the gaff lads never were a problem in that respect.;)

I was thinking the same :)

Ken Moss 16-05-2011 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 906757)

Perhaps you'd like to ask your old mate Peter as it appears to be in his ward and it seems unlikely that a licence has been applied for and granted within 9 days of the new administration.

Technically, he is still Leader of the Council until the AGM on 24th May and presumably has all the answers.

flashy 16-05-2011 22:02

Well said Ken

cashman 16-05-2011 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 906784)
Perhaps you'd like to ask your old mate Peter as it appears to be in his ward and it seems unlikely that a licence has been applied for and granted within 9 days of the new administration.

Technically, he is still Leader of the Council until the AGM on 24th May and presumably has all the answers.

Yeh but Ken P.B. speak wi forked Tongue.;)