Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Corona Virus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/corona-virus-70938.html)

cashman 20-03-2020 19:15

Re: Corona Virus

yeh know exile we have been saying that for days the media is PATHETIC, trouble is though some clowns swallow it all.

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1238415)
Can we keep the pubs open and close down the media?

Now isn't that the most wonderful idea ever?
I will drink to that!

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 19:49

We know there are those who would like to see Boris fail in whatever he has to deal with.

Let me say from the outset I was not keen on Boris,I felt that he was all smoke and mirrors(but I was unconcerned about all the stories regarding his private life).
So far He has done much of what he said he would do.

He has probably had the hardest job of any Prime minister since World War two...firstly with all the skulduggery from inside his own party regarding Brexit and now this Health crisis.
This is like a war, but a war with an enemy that is invisble and a shape shifter....it does not get any harder than that.

Whatever he does, he will be damned if he does...and doubly damned if he doesn't.
And to see the pathetic point scoring attempts by Jeremy Corbyn and John Mc Donnell...as if they could do anything better.

I think when history is written it will show that he was a leader of note...and of course he will not get everything right...in times like these you have to do the best you can with what you have to hand.
As Churchill said 'When you are going through Hell...keep going'.

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 19:51

Thank you Ryewolf...own brand does it for me...Did you get that Accymad?

AccyMad 20-03-2020 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238419)
Thank you Ryewolf...own brand does it for me...Did you get that Accymad?

Yes, just read it Margaret - thanks to both you & Ryewolf, I'll pop in tomorrow

Margaret Pilkington 20-03-2020 21:32

I am sending my other half early doors.
I hope he can get a couple of bags....and some cat biscuits too.

Margaret Pilkington 21-03-2020 07:29

well Accymad....I hope you did better than my old feller.....The BF(bloody fool, not boyfriend) paid £12 for a bag of Catsan...despite me telling him to walk away unless they had their own essenials brand.
He bought Whiskas cat biscuits too and a box of sachets....but all in all it was not what I wanted.
I will not use the Catsan until we are desperate...it is like givig them gold dust to wazz on.

AccyMad 21-03-2020 07:37

Oh dear Margaret, but bless him at least he did come home with some - I'm not keen on CatSan myself, besides the price it's awful for treading through the house. Usually stick to the wood or paper pellets from B & M if they're available - i'm about to venture out on my hunt, will let you know how i go on, watch this space :)

taddy 21-03-2020 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238404)
It seems that Mosques in the area have cancelled Friday prayers.

Seems like I owe the faithful a genuine appology.

Margaret Pilkington 21-03-2020 08:39

Accymad....B&M had the wood peelets yesterday, but my lot won't use these at all.
I bought some and ended up with little 'messages' behind the back door in my kitchen.
Vets for pets also had some Cat litter, but the bags were large and I was coming home by bus...so could'nt carry one.

Margaret Pilkington 21-03-2020 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1238430)
Seems like I owe the faithful a genuine appology.

Taddy, no apology needed.

DaveinGermany 21-03-2020 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238412)
Mine too...the best of it is two of them were outside cats...strays...they go out and cry to come in and use the tray.
They have both got used to finer things.

Quite, who wants to use a draughty outdoor lavvy nowadays? :D

DaveinGermany 21-03-2020 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1238415)
Unlikely to find this on mainstream media, which seems intent on just scaring the beejeebus out of people, but thought this was worth a read.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ed-ventilator/

And this is why UK will thrive outside the eu & its stifling set ways. The British have always been capable, innovative & pioneers, that is the reason we dominated most of the world & our standards & methods of parliament, law & education were adopted even after we retired to our little grey Island.

Whiny, self loathing, bed wetting lefterists need to learn this & shut their yap. There is a reason we were known as Great Britain!

DaveinGermany 21-03-2020 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238425)
well Accymad....I hope you did better than my old feller.....

And the moral of this story is ......? :D

Can you not get some sand or something? Or will they not use that either?

cashman 21-03-2020 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1238442)
And this is why UK will thrive outside the eu & its stifling set ways. The British have always been capable, innovative & pioneers, that is the reason we dominated most of the world & our standards & methods of parliament, law & education were adopted even after we retired to our little grey Island.

Whiny, self loathing, bed wetting lefterists need to learn this & shut their yap. There is a reason we were known as Great Britain!

aye but the terminally stupid, that penny will never drop. in my view Dave,