Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Isolation calendar. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/isolation-calendar-71070.html)

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2020 10:29

Isolation calendar.

Now, I am not sure if this will sink like a stone or not....let's just see shall we.

We are currently at Day 11 of a three week isolation.
I was thinking that if we were to do an Isilation Calendar....you know the sort of thing....a bit like and advent calendar....you open a door according to the day of isolation you are up to....and it would have a picture of an activity that you are currently unable to do.
Tell me what pictures would feature in your calendar. Better still....show me the picture.
I have done a blog along these lines if you was some example.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...-calendar.html
(Just looking for readers really):D

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2020 10:31

Re: Isolation calendar.

Oh, yes....I will give a nice chunk of Karma to those interesting ones.
Bribery and corruption works for me!

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2020 20:15

So I guess that's a 'NO' then!

Ryewolf90 03-04-2020 20:41

1 Attachment(s)
As it was a nice today I'd probably have been on the moors behind Pendle Hill looking for Lapwings or Curlews to photograph

Day: 11

dotti34 03-04-2020 21:01

That's a brilliant idea, Margaret. I am not in compulsory isolation but at my age advised to self-isolate which I am doing. One thing I would really like to do is that I would like to be able to physically hug my young granddaughters, but I am grateful that there is Face Time - so at the moment that is the next best thing, plus all the messages I get from them helps.
I am trying to think of what else but it is very early here yet and I haven't had my caffeine fix, although to be honest there isn't much I have missed that I have been unable to do as in my old age I have developed into a lazy old bu**** anyway.

Margaret Pilkington 03-04-2020 21:20

Thank you both for your input...Ryewolf...love the pic...nothing new there, you always bring us great pictures.

Dorothy, you are not a lazy old burger...you are just on 'energy saving mode'...and I feel sure you will think of more things that you would miss if you were on regulated isolation

taddy 04-04-2020 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238808)
Now, I am not sure if this will sink like a stone or not....let's just see shall we.

We are currently at Day 11 of a three week isolation.
I was thinking that if we were to do an Isilation Calendar....you know the sort of thing....a bit like and advent calendar....you open a door according to the day of isolation you are up to....and it would have a picture of an activity that you are currently unable to do.
Tell me what pictures would feature in your calendar. Better still....show me the picture.
I have done a blog along these lines if you was some example.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...-calendar.html
(Just looking for readers really):D

What a good idea, I started with one bottle of Hobgoblin on day one, two on day two,Three on day Three but by the time it got to day twelve my legs were starting to wobble a bit; Whether I can keep it up by day twenty one I don't know.
If not, I will at least have passed away Happy in isolation. now where is that new bottle opener ?
Stay hic, hic, sorry happy, Taddy, the Ludite

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2020 12:42

What ever gets you through Taddy...whatever gets you through!

DaveinGermany 04-04-2020 12:58

Not so bad for me, I'm still out & about working, off to VWs' top secret den in Wolfsburg Monday with some prototype parts.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2020 13:53

You lucky Josser.....I have had one forty minute jaunt down Accrington....and believe me it was not an edifying experience.....I have seen more life in a pork chop.
Nothing much open, restrictions on what you can buy....that is IF there is anything on the shelves.

I was glad to get back home.

Ryewolf90 04-04-2020 16:26

1 Attachment(s)
Normally I would be visiting the ELR over the weekend

Day 12: Loco 6412 taking on water at Ramsbottom station during their steam gala in March

walker 04-04-2020 18:25

My picture would be of a path going over the moors. That's what I'am missing today a good walk over the moors.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2020 18:44

I would imagine the moors are pretty isolated...well unless you count the sheep...so why can't you do that?
It is exercise. you are allowed to take exercise.
If you go in your own car by yourself(or with a family member) then you are contained...and no risk to anyone(well that is unless you had an accident and someone had to becalled out to rescue you - you have to think of the wider picture I guess)

I think it was Ryewolf who pointed out that many of these restrictions are guidelines...not laws.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2020 18:49

My picture for today would be a wedding.....something joyful and uplifting...with cake and bubbly stuff out of green bottles...with disco lights, cheerful music with a good beat(even though I dance like a deaf baby hippo)

DaveinGermany 04-04-2020 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1238838)
You lucky Josser.....

Indeed, normally driving round is pretty aggravating, queues, traffic jams, road works & masses of unnecessary traffic, at the present though ...... I'm enjoying what brought me into the job initially, open roads & no idiots ruining my day, even the local traffic plod seem more relaxed, a nod or wave in greeting as opposed to "pull over son, we'd like a word!" :)