Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 00:51   #1
Member.

A drop more Snow

It was expected tonight but it’s nice to have a bit of snow to watch on a sleepless night. It quite heavy up over Bispham, have a look outside Granny and lets us know if you’ve got it as well. How are we doing over there in Accy, you getting any?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2006, 02:15   #2
God Member

Re: A drop more Snow

as of 3.14 still no snow here!!! I hope it stays away too. Out on a family day out... oops think I better get off to bed then

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:51   #3
God Member

Well we have 4 to 6 inches and rising here. Cars daft enough to be out and reports of snow plows of the road. Typical preperations ie none even the motorway is buried. Mind you the sledges can come out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:51   #4
God Member

Well we have 4 to 6 inches and rising here. Cars daft enough to be out and reports of snow plows of the road. Typical preperations ie none even the motorway is buried. Mind you the sledges can come out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:14   #5

Just looked out the window and it's snowing now in Accy. Sky looks full but I wouldn't like to guess at how long it will last. Sorry Harwood Red hope your day isn't spoiled too much.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:16   #6
God Member

When Grangemouth is full of snow you know its bad. The Refinery normally keeps us snow free. Think there candles must have been out last night.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:49   #7
Resting In Peace

Heavy snow here in Bury, looks like we will be staying in after the usual walk with the dog.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:07   #8

Usually like the snow but i am hoping it turns to rain soon. My son is away for the weekend in Blackpool and is expected home sometime later today, and my daughter is on a sleepover at her friends at the top of Ossy, so they've both to get home sometime today and i won't be driving if it continues.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:24   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Oh ******!!!!! Would you just look at this stuff........ The dog has been relegated to the hearth, there's no way she's getting a walk this morning. I have to go to work at lunchtime until 9pm. I'll have to check that I have a shovel in the boot at this rate. It wouldn't be the first time I've been snowed in at Queens Park (and it's not pleasant)...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:24   #10
Give, give, give member

The snow's well and truly drifting in Ossy.

Just been for the papers, and Union Road is ungritted and only passable with care.

Lunch out has been cancelled.

It doesn't look like turning to rain just yet, and the wind is bitterly cold.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:32   #11
God Member

Manchester road was ungritted up until about 10:15pm lol... and highway in the sky has been closed according to my grandad.

Manchester road clear now 'cause of smelly gritters

Old 12-03-2006, 10:05   #12
I am Banned

Its thick & drifting here with that wind, snow deep already in places, wonder if Willows Lane is passable if the gritters haven't been out & its still coming down thick.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Its thick & drifting here
That's funny......................so..................... .am...................I.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:09   #14
God Member

I have two small children pestering me at the moment - 'when will it stop?', 'can you get the sledge out?', 'can we go out and catch snowflakes on our tongues?' - this has been going on for about two hours.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:09   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Oh ******!!!!! Would you just look at this stuff........ The dog has been relegated to the hearth, there's no way she's getting a walk this morning. I have to go to work at lunchtime until 9pm. I'll have to check that I have a shovel in the boot at this rate. It wouldn't be the first time I've been snowed in at Queens Park (and it's not pleasant)...

Be careful Lettie, the roads are treacherous. I'd stick to the main roads.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..