Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 10:12   #16
God Member

Re: A drop more Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I have two small children pestering me at the moment - 'when will it stop?', 'can you get the sledge out?', 'can we go out and catch snowflakes on our tongues?' - this has been going on for about two hours.
My cat has similar enquirys! Shes sat at the window with her paws up trying to catch snow. I chucked her out back but she sprinted in lol
Old 12-03-2006, 10:16   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
Just looked out the window and it's snowing now in Accy. Sky looks full but I wouldn't like to guess at how long it will last. Sorry Harwood Red hope your day isn't spoiled too much.
Yep the day out has been cancelled but the kids aren't too bothered cos they've gone off sledging now!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:16   #18
I am Banned

My 2 have just come back in after half hour cold & brought half the snow in
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:18   #19
God Member

My cat has gone and hidden somewhere. We have a cat flap and it's so funny when he needs to go out - you can see him hovering at the flap, then he flies out, shaking his paws on every step to shake the snow off as he's walking, gets his spot, wees, then comes back before you can count to ten.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:19   #20
Member.

Still coming down over here, it’s quite wet now with signs of turning to sleet. Anyone travelling please do so with care and good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow 1.JPG (74.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Snow 2.JPG (105.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Snow 3.JPG (137.1 KB, 10 views)

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 12-03-2006 at 10:39.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:22   #21
I am Banned

Yeh be very careful seems gritters have managed the motorway but quite treachourous elsewhere else take care
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:26   #22
God Member

*spots gritters with snow plough things on front heading up manchester road towards rising bridge* Hmm!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:31   #23
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
It was expected tonight but it’s nice to have a bit of snow to watch on a sleepless night. It quite heavy up over Bispham, have a look outside Granny and lets us know if you’ve got it as well. How are we doing over there in Accy, you getting any?
hi Doug... i have never seen so much snow at the coast....it was snowing last night but not sticking,, this morning at 9 oclock it was well deep....:engsmil:
Old 12-03-2006, 10:32   #24
God Member

awwww but it does look pretty though. But thats all I like about snow, looking at it. Oh and I do like to be the first one to walk in brand new snow but I think I might just give that a miss today

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:40   #25
white rabbits

wwheeyyyy,its just started again...but fine stuff now
Old 12-03-2006, 11:22   #26
Give, give, give member

Really weird snow drifts, up to a foot deep in the last hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mar12$02.JPG (48.9 KB, 25 views)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:07   #27
God Member

seems to be really really fine here now
Old 12-03-2006, 12:38   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Its thick & drifting here with that wind, snow deep already in places, wonder if Willows Lane is passable if the gritters haven't been out & its still coming down thick.
The gritters were out last night, they were going up Ormerod St at about 8.30pm. Not sure about Willows Lane because my car ain't leaving the Avenue today
Old 12-03-2006, 13:00   #29
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
The gritters were out last night, they were going up Ormerod St at about 8.30pm. Not sure about Willows Lane because my car ain't leaving the Avenue today
My car isn’t going anywhere to day either, I planted a couple of these last night along with some tins of John Smiths. Just been out to pick a couple……..wow, super chilled, absolutely beautiful although the John Smiths taste a bit Smokey…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow Beer.JPG (57.5 KB, 10 views)

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 13:02   #30
God Member

It looks like it is getting a bit slushy now and it seems to be sleeting very finely now... how long do you reckon before it starts raining?? Although the sky looks really white and still full of snow

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..