Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 17:06   #166
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I know this would have flown past Councillor Jones, but the year was 2007/2008. It makes sense that I requested the information on the last full financial year, because of course, 2008/2009 is still ongoing.

The answer is in the detail.

What was the purpose of freely obtaining the information Andrew?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 17:08   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I know this would have flown past Councillor Jones, but the year was 2007/2008. It makes sense that I requested the information on the last full financial year, because of course, 2008/2009 is still ongoing.

The answer is in the detail.
the detail is in WHY? did ya need this information.
Old 14-02-2009, 17:14   #168
God Member

I would assume that Andrew has obtained the information to find out if Graham is telling the truth or not - I hope for Graham's sake that he is telling the truth.

I also hope that Andrew will publish ALL the information that he discovers and not put any further spin on the matter.

Also, it takes some time to get the information, (I know because I've used FOI in the past) so it may not be answered very quickly.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:17   #169
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the detail is in WHY? did ya need this information.
Don't really see a need to explain why I did something I am perfectly entitled to. If you are suggesting I am mud flinging, well there has to be mud to fling. If you want just an unbridled attack on somebody's character, without an ounce of truth, just go to the first post of this thread which councillor Jones decided to make about a member of the public, using a law to request information on the spending of public money, which his government introduced.
Old 14-02-2009, 17:24   #170
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't really see a need to explain why I did something I am perfectly entitled to.
Of course that is true, though I would have hoped for a little more transparency from you, as to the motive behind what you did, when asked straightforwardly the reasons for your action.

Old 14-02-2009, 17:28   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I believe it was a close run thing against David Myles when we was first elected. Have they sorted out there differences now or is the party still a little disjointed?
David Myles lost the leadership comfortably and since then the vote has been unanimous. This is one of 6 personal attacks sent to the press by Councillor Britcliffe that contain any old made up lies to discredit me. That's the Tories for you.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:30   #172
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don't really see a need to explain why I did something I am perfectly entitled to. If you are suggesting I am mud flinging, well there has to be mud to fling. If you want just an unbridled attack on somebody's character, without an ounce of truth, just go to the first post of this thread which councillor Jones decided to make about a member of the public, using a law to request information on the spending of public money, which his government introduced.
Asnswer the question Andrew. Labour created 600 jobs and built the Globe Centre. A third owner it is now a multi million pound business.

What is the Tories best achievement for the people of Hyndburn in the 10 years they have had?

Lets be positive Andrew.... waiting......
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:31   #173
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If you want just an unbridled attack on somebody's character, without an ounce of truth, just go to the first post of this thread
I've just waded back to the first post in this thread.

Cllr. Jones posted that you'd requested information relating to councillor's expenses, 'probably' on behalf of Peter Britcliffe.

Since you did request the information, and Cllr. Jones used the word 'probably' I'm afraid there isn't a court in the land that would agree that anyone's character has been defamed.

Still it's been a while since we've had a good Archer/Aitken type trial, so you could risk it.

Old 14-02-2009, 17:34   #174
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
What is the Tories best achievement for the people of Hyndburn in the 10 years they have had?
Towers of flowers.

That's an easy one.

Old 14-02-2009, 17:36   #175
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I've just waded back to the first post in this thread.

Cllr. Jones posted that you'd requested information relating to councillor's expenses, 'probably' on behalf of Peter Britcliffe.

Since you did request the information, and Cllr. Jones used the word 'probably' I'm afraid there isn't a court in the land that would agree that anyone's character has been defamed.

Still it's been a while since we've had a good Archer/Aitken type trial, so you could risk it.
Along with all the other accusations. Everything I requested was me and me alone. He harked on about Peter Britcliffe many times, suggesting further than probably, suggesting that Peter was the ONLY person who would have known it. Fact is I never did speak to Peter about it, shame his political hatred and self importance cannot cope with that fact.
Old 14-02-2009, 17:37   #176
Full Member+

Quote:
Asnswer the question Andrew. Labour created 600 jobs and built the Globe Centre. A third owner it is now a multi million pound business.

Did`nt Howard and Bulloughs build the Globe Centre? and did`nt the companies occupying the Globe Centre create 600 jobs or am I being a little thick here?
Old 14-02-2009, 17:37   #177
God Member

Quote:

I'm not going to fall for your games of smokescreens Councillor Jones. Where is your apology for your first post? How many times have you posted on AccringtonWeb when a perfectly legitimate, anonymous, request has been made by a member of the public.
Old 14-02-2009, 17:38   #178
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Along with all the other accusations. Everything I requested was me and me alone. He harked on about Peter Britcliffe many times, suggesting further than probably, suggesting that Peter was the ONLY person who would have known it. Fact is I never did speak to Peter about it, shame his political hatred and self importance cannot cope with that fact.
I'm afraid 'harking on' about something isn't an offence in the eyes of the law either.

Old 14-02-2009, 17:42   #179
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I'm not going to fall for your games of smokescreens Councillor Jones. Where is your apology for your first post? How many times have you posted on AccringtonWeb when a perfectly legitimate, anonymous, request has been made by a member of the public.
What is there to apologise for?

You did request the information.

We'll take your word that it wasn't at the behest of Peter Britcliffe, which was only hinted at by Graham Jones.

What's the problem?

If you think either of you have been damaged, sue.

Though as posted earlier, you haven't a leg to stand on.

Old 14-02-2009, 17:42   #180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm afraid 'harking on' about something isn't an offence in the eyes of the law either.
Lots of things are not illegal Garinda, however any sensible, reasonable person would offer an apology when they have accused somebody incorrectly. As Councillor Jones has. I would think it especially sensible when the accuser is a councillor who has got it wrong, when a member of the public has requested information on how they spend public money. I'm sure you'll understand as an independent, so independent that you will defend Councillor Jones even when he is completely wrong.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..