Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 22:52   #46
God Member

Re: bail hostel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well done, most intelligent post you've ever made, and I agree with you entirely.
And so you should...lets get back on topic.
Some if not all posters on this website are serious in their convictions.
There is plenty of room in the wastelands of Scotland or the Valleys of Wales to accomodate these waisters....plenty of sheep for company etc..etc..etc.
and now I'm being or trying to be funny to a subject which is not funny.
What do we do with them?.........London is full....cull?....out of the question......Siberia...........I wish.
The amount of money the Government are extracting from the British public in taxes direct and indirect should be sufficient to provide secure housing for these people.
There must be some way, and I am not sure, and it seems nor are the government, of addressing this problem.
As old as I am (which seems to be a reference point for the smart arses to pick up on) I have two Grandchildren who live in Lancashire and would hate to have them subjected to, or threatened by the presence of these
preditors or criminals in their everyday life.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2008, 22:53   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Just me normal Carling honest...it can't have kicked in yet will no doubt be talking utter nonsense within ten minutes
Ok I believe you millions wouldn't
Old 05-05-2008, 22:54   #48
God Member

Quote:
Things such as prisons have to be built, they have to go somewhere. Bail hostels also have to go somewhere. The least the planners could do is consult the locals.

My answer to the problem would be that everyone forego early release, if you get 10 years you serve 10 years, to the very day. I would also make prisons a harsher place to be, with in-mates at least four to a cell, that would at least double the prison capacity in an instant. Sod the human rights issue, those rights should be dispensed with when you transgress the rules of your society.
Oh no, ya can't be too hard on the poor criminals, they might actually think they done somet wrong
Old 05-05-2008, 22:58   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Oh no, ya can't be too hard on the poor criminals, they might actually think they done somet wrong
thats the no1 problem with society today, too many focus on the wrongdoers n no buggar focuses on the victims or the public.
Old 05-05-2008, 23:02   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats the no1 problem with society today, too many focus on the wrongdoers n no buggar focuses on the victims or the public.
Well I shouldn't really comment after the situation I was put in, in January, I'd say nuke em all lol

Obviously not really
Old 05-05-2008, 23:03   #51
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
And so you should...lets get back on topic.
Some if not all posters on this website are serious in their convictions.
There is plenty of room in the wastelands of Scotland or the Valleys of Wales to accomodate these waisters....plenty of sheep for company etc..etc..etc.
and now I'm being or trying to be funny to a subject which is not funny.
What do we do with them?.........London is full....cull?....out of the question......Siberia...........I wish.
The amount of money the Government are extracting from the British public in taxes direct and indirect should be sufficient to provide secure housing for these people.
There must be some way, and I am not sure, and it seems nor are the government, of addressing this problem.
As old as I am (which seems to be a reference point for the smart arses to pick up on) I have two Grandchildren who live in Lancashire and would hate to have them subjected to, or threatened by the presence of these
preditors or criminals in their everyday life.
Perhaps being part of the E.U. we could let you have them?

You feeling smug in your little Spanish Ghetto, away from the woes of us ordinary folk, I have my own Grand childer, I want them to grow up and be happy here, not have to pretend they will have a better life coming to them somewhere else once they've fleeced their neighbours, I'll stay and fight for their future which must be better off because you aren't in it!

(Please, Please, prove me wrong instead of advising from miles away come back and fight for you own children's, children!).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 23:06   #52

Quote:
Well I shouldn't really comment after the situation I was put in, in January, I'd say nuke em all lol

Obviously not really
Were you a victim then ?
Old 05-05-2008, 23:07   #53
God Member

yes
Old 05-05-2008, 23:12   #54
God Member

Quote:
yes
Oh my goodness so you better than any of us can relate to it
Old 05-05-2008, 23:14   #55

Quote:
yes
I hope the experience wasn’t too stressful. Sounds like perhaps you feel that the perpetrator was taken better care of than yourself, was that the case or am I just making assumptions ?
Old 05-05-2008, 23:15   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Oh my goodness so you better than any of us can relate to it

Quite lucky compared to some people really, I never got hurt, not physically anyway. The knife pointed in my side is just always in my mind

Still can't work on my own

But it won't always be like that, I've come on loads since it happened
Old 05-05-2008, 23:16   #57
God Member

Quote:
I hope the experience wasn’t too stressful. Sounds like perhaps you feel that the perpetrator was taken better care of than yourself, was that the case or am I just making assumptions ?
They never caught them, but if they had, what would be the point
Old 05-05-2008, 23:19   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Quite lucky compared to some people really, I never got hurt, not physically anyway. The knife pointed in my side is just always in my mind

Still can't work on my own

But it won't always be like that, I've come on loads since it happened
good lass, glad yer comin to terms a bit.
Old 05-05-2008, 23:21   #59
God Member

Thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 23:21   #60

Good to hear that you are regaining your confidence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..