Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 09:23   #226
Resting in Peace

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
From what I read Jaysay, this lady is well qualified to take over a post such as this. Seems like all the best jobs in HBC have gone to Conservative members if you require an example of 'jobs for the boys'..

I understand people saying that if you take over a job (as per your little example), that they should be qualified on their product ... like the product in the NHS is us ... the sick. However, are councillors and M.P.s the most qualified to take up their positions ? They all have to rely on advisors whether it be Leisure, Dustbins, Police, Education, Transport, Planning, Housing, Economic matters etc., 'Jack of all Trades; Master of None' in other words.

What qualifications did your friend (PB) have to wield so much power over the spending of our taxes ..... wasn't he a teacher or summat ? ...
I'm just wondering where this job was advertised or are the only qualifications that you have to be a Labour Lackey
Old 09-08-2009, 09:48   #227
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm just wondering where this job was advertised or are the only qualifications that you have to be a Labour Lackey
You will really have to start reading your own links Jaysay, one reader gave the answer :

Appointments Commission - apppointments section home page
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:14   #228
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
You will really have to start reading your own links Jaysay, one reader gave the answer :

Appointments Commission - apppointments section home page
Its bad enough reading articles let alone readers comments, life's to short, the appointments commission will be top heave with Government place people who make sure the right people get the right jobs, well I suppose she had to find some way of replacing her £46000 a year salary from LCC, unfortunately she have to make do with £23000, but after all its only part time
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54   #229
God Member

I wouldnt mind 23k for part time work. Mind you though if rumours about MP's working less then maybe they need to clock in the same as the rest of us base workers have to.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 18:55   #230
Full Member+

Toad of Toad Hall simply has to go. Now that the Yanks are on Brown's case with the scathing (but true) editorials in the American press following the release of the Locherbie Bomber, surely it's time for the scurvy Westminster crew to walk the plank.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 23:25   #231
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Toad of Toad Hall simply has to go. Now that the Yanks are on Brown's case with the scathing (but true) editorials in the American press following the release of the Locherbie Bomber, surely it's time for the scurvy Westminster crew to walk the plank.
No way; they would scare the sharks. Question: does anyone really give a flying you-know-what about what the yanks think We don't ... and we are their neighbours. When our politicians pee off the Americans, their popularity goes up.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 17:44   #232
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No way; they would scare the sharks. Question: does anyone really give a flying you-know-what about what the yanks think We don't ... and we are their neighbours. When our politicians pee off the Americans, their popularity goes up.
We have little choice over here as any elected UK Government is rendered toothless by the unelected shower in Brussels. I'd endure the Yanks over the ungrateful Frogs any day of the week.
Old 04-09-2009, 17:50   #233
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
We have little choice over here as any elected UK Government is rendered toothless by the unelected shower in Brussels. I'd endure the Yanks over the ungrateful Frogs any day of the week.
Sounds like it's time that someone in parliament grew a pair
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 19:18   #234
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sounds like it's time that someone in parliament grew a pair

The only balls in parliment are balls ups. Mindyou with some of the dickheads in there you would there would be a few extra large bean bags about.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:49   #235
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
The only balls in parliment are balls ups. Mindyou with some of the dickheads in there you would there would be a few extra large bean bags about.
And the main one is called Ed
Old 05-09-2009, 19:17   #236
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
When junior defence ministers start to throw in the towel, our armed forces are left in even more of a limbo than they currently are. What a shameful way for any government to behave. Balls! This lot are surely the most craven bunch of cretins ever to grace the halls of Westminster.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..