Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2009, 18:05   #91
God Member

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Also, another question re. the bus passes ... aren't these funded by the Government in conjunction with your local authority and both contribute ? So, don't think the Government could get away with withdrawing them without a fight from local councillors. There again, don't really know.
Was given a rundown on how it works down here by Jen along with all its quirks. Shouldnt be withdrawn by the govenment as many rely on them for getting out and about. I have no restrictions on mine up yonder int wilds of Scotland (all the drunks in my neck of the woods have it that way). Restrictions on peek hour travel, not allowed to be used after 11pm authorities saying they cant afford them down here. Jen can explain betterthan me.

Seems like its a kick in the head for pensioners. Convicted criminals get a better life inside than those of a certain age do on the outside!!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2009, 09:04   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Was given a rundown on how it works down here by Jen along with all its quirks. Shouldnt be withdrawn by the govenment as many rely on them for getting out and about. I have no restrictions on mine up yonder int wilds of Scotland (all the drunks in my neck of the woods have it that way). Restrictions on peek hour travel, not allowed to be used after 11pm authorities saying they cant afford them down here. Jen can explain betterthan me.

Seems like its a kick in the head for pensioners. Convicted criminals get a better life inside than those of a certain age do on the outside!!!!!
Your right about crims spugs, 3 square a day, heating, lighting paid for, satellite TV, computer games, compensation if the poor lambs human rights are abused (whatever that means, to me you forfeit any rights if your banged up) whatever next, they'll soon be allowed to vote too
Old 14-07-2009, 14:24   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your right about crims spugs, 3 square a day, heating, lighting paid for, satellite TV, computer games, compensation if the poor lambs human rights are abused (whatever that means, to me you forfeit any rights if your banged up) whatever next, they'll soon be allowed to vote too

Has there not been mubblings over giving them the vote?

Agree get banged up forfeit your rights but too many interfering goody two shoes politicaly correct nowt better to do busy bodies have too large a say. The govenment should be making criminals fear to go to jail not have them thinking its a three star hotel. When the rights of an offender come before those of the victim then the whole thing stinks worse than a blocked sewer pipe. The govenment over the years has bowed so much to the softly softly twallies that we have criminals of all ages in fits of laughter. The judges are so high on this softly softly approach with the govenments backing that they are as much use as a bikini in the middle of an Antarctic winter.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-07-2009, 16:00   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Has there not been mubblings over giving them the vote?

Agree get banged up forfeit your rights but too many interfering goody two shoes politicaly correct nowt better to do busy bodies have too large a say. The govenment should be making criminals fear to go to jail not have them thinking its a three star hotel. When the rights of an offender come before those of the victim then the whole thing stinks worse than a blocked sewer pipe. The govenment over the years has bowed so much to the softly softly twallies that we have criminals of all ages in fits of laughter. The judges are so high on this softly softly approach with the govenments backing that they are as much use as a bikini in the middle of an Antarctic winter.
Quite right Spugs, and yes there have been more than mumblings about crims getting the vote, (its their human rights you know) We now have a minister of justice who's about as much use as a one legged man at a bum kicking contest, if he was doing anything like a good job he'd be making sure that the victims of crime were getting justice, instead of pandering to the namby pamby do gooding brigade. Its time the punishment was made to fit the crime, one way would be to remove the word concurrent from the law books and replace it with consecutive, which would be a start, after all if you don't commit crime you've nothing to fear
Old 14-07-2009, 17:32   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I don't think people should get less pension because they earned less money that would be penalising them for not being high earners.
It is only the same when you are working.

Why penalise high tax payers?
Old 14-07-2009, 17:43   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is only the same when you are working.

Why penalise high tax payers?
I take your point about when you are working but somebody has got to do the low paid jobs and you can try to better yourself when you are in employment. It is the way that your contribution is calculated by the amount you earn. Would be interesting to know how much difference there is in contributions from low earners and high earners. At the end of the day a basic state pension is hardly likely to keep anybody in luxury.
Old 14-07-2009, 18:22   #97
God Member

Not sure on this but is N.I. calculated the same way as tax as in there is a income level that we start paying it at and then at a % on all money earned. The HMRC site doesnt help either as usual.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-07-2009, 18:47   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I take your point about when you are working but somebody has got to do the low paid jobs and you can try to better yourself when you are in employment. It is the way that your contribution is calculated by the amount you earn. Would be interesting to know how much difference there is in contributions from low earners and high earners. At the end of the day a basic state pension is hardly likely to keep anybody in luxury.
I may have this wrong but i understood the state pension to be the years you have contributed and not what you have earned, like for example you have to have 30years in before you would be entitled to a full state pension and their is a considerable difference between the basic rate and full rate, however i may be wrong will check this one out. I know the full state pension is approximately 135 per week.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 18:52   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i checked this out mid 70s, and was told 40 years N.I. contributions give ya a full pension. assume its still the case.
Old 14-07-2009, 19:06   #100
God Member

Well full rate or low rate nobody is going to be rolling in money with it
Old 14-07-2009, 19:18   #101
God Member

I wonder if the pot that is national insurance has any money left in it. Wouldnt be suprised if govenments of all colours have dipped it when short of a bob or to for activites that should not be paid for by N.I contributions. With the money that has gone in since its launch there should be no issues with NHS treament or pensions but as there is I think the pot is empty of cash but full of worthless I.O.U's.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-07-2009, 19:22   #102

And now we are having to work longer, to receive the state pension I have been working for thirty years now only another 20 to go, what a thought.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 19:47   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
And now we are having to work longer, to receive the state pension I have been working for thirty years now only another 20 to go, what a thought.
There is the result of financial mismanagement since WWII. I have no objection to working longer if I am fit and able to but have it forced on us because money is supposed to be tight is cowpats. Plenty of money available to bail banks out of the mess they created but not for essentials for the ordinary folk.

So why are we still sitting as part of the G7 or whatever the richiest countries are if we have such debt and lack of money? Either the govenment spin on finance has us as super rich or these other countries made a bigger mess of it than Westminster has.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-07-2009, 07:49   #104
God Member

SOME Banks please Spugs!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 08:25   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
SOME Banks please Spugs!
I stand corrected.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..