Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 07:35   #46
Super Moderator

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'm not stupid enough to think that eveything in the NHS is lovely and rosey...but I do not agree with any cuts to funding...when the Tories do start making the cuts it won't be in mamagement and I.T. systems ..it will start with cleaning staff etc and eventually in nurses...we've seen it all before, they will set up private monitoring "consultants" which cost millions...and you call me blinkered.. get yer head out the sand, these consultant agencies with be laughing all the way to the bank.
Sorry?...where did I say in any of my posts that I support the Tories in any way, shape or form? Unlike you I'm not enslaved to one political party. That's the problem with your simplistic way of looking at things - if you dare to criticise the present government, then you must be a Tory.

The point I was making is that BOTH major political parties are pulling the wool over our eyes about the extent of the financial mess we are in...£1.4 trillion in debt and rising by the hour.

But never mind, Mancie, you go on believing that Gordon can save us all...it's probably a good strategy to retreat from reality in the present situation!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sorry?...where did I say in any of my posts that I support the Tories in any way, shape or form? Unlike you I'm not enslaved to one political party. That's the problem with your simplistic way of looking at things - if you dare to criticise the present government, then you must be a Tory.

The point I was making is that BOTH major political parties are pulling the wool over our eyes about the extent of the financial mess we are in...£1.4 trillion in debt and rising by the hour.

But never mind, Mancie, you go on believing that Gordon can save us all...it's probably a good strategy to retreat from reality in the present situation!
One thing that Mancie never see's is that every Labour Government has left this country like a SH1T tip, 79 we were no better than a banana republic, bankrupt, the sick man of Europe, when Brown finally gets kicked out we'll be the heaviest tax country in Europe and will be in unprecedented debt, all this after inheriting the best economic figures of any incoming government in history
Old 09-07-2009, 15:29   #48
JFT96

Well said

I don't bother with Mancie these days, anyone who resorts to name calling just because you don't share their viewpoint are not worth bothering with.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 21:30   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well said

I don't bother with Mancie these days, anyone who resorts to name calling just because you don't share their viewpoint are not worth bothering with.
I do apologise..I realise that to call someone a "Tory" is an unacceptable insult!

Last edited by Mancie; 09-07-2009 at 21:34.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 21:32   #50
God Member

So, if Brown goes, what is the alternative? Will the tories come along with some magic wand and make everything better? What are the specific things that govt. could do to get the UK out of the mess it so obviously is in? You have massive debt, high unemployment, problems with your immigrants (particularly the ones who seem to get off on blowing up buses and subways), a population density that is through the roof, stagnating industry, a parliament reeling under the assault of scandal after scandal .... etc. I don't see anything that would respond to a quick fix ..... other than, of course, getting rid of a very unpopular govt. and replacing it with one which for a while will have the confidence of the people. We have similar problems: not with the population density, or the immigrants, or, perhaps the scandals; but there is always one waiting in the wings, ready to trot out onto the stage. No one here seems to want a change of govt. ... in fact, when our tory govt. was facing a none confidence motion over its economic recovery plan, public opinion was strongly opposed to another election. Maybe there is no clamour because we have a minority govt. at the moment.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 21:33   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
One thing that Mancie never see's is that every Labour Government has left this country like a SH1T tip, 79 we were no better than a banana republic, bankrupt, the sick man of Europe, when Brown finally gets kicked out we'll be the heaviest tax country in Europe and will be in unprecedented debt, all this after inheriting the best economic figures of any incoming government in history
Now that's more like it Jaysay..you pinned your colours to the mast..anti- Labour... hope your future posts are the same instead of pussying around.
Old 09-07-2009, 21:43   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So, if Brown goes, what is the alternative? Will the tories come along with some magic wand and make everything better? What are the specific things that govt. could do to get the UK out of the mess it so obviously is in? You have massive debt, high unemployment, problems with your immigrants (particularly the ones who seem to get off on blowing up buses and subways), a population density that is through the roof, stagnating industry, a parliament reeling under the assault of scandal after scandal .... etc. I don't see anything that would respond to a quick fix ..... other than, of course, getting rid of a very unpopular govt. and replacing it with one which for a while will have the confidence of the people. We have similar problems: not with the population density, or the immigrants, or, perhaps the scandals; but there is always one waiting in the wings, ready to trot out onto the stage. No one here seems to want a change of govt. ... in fact, when our tory govt. was facing a none confidence motion over its economic recovery plan, public opinion was strongly opposed to another election. Maybe there is no clamour because we have a minority govt. at the moment.
Spot on Eric...Tealeafs original post says get rid of Brown but it's clear he means get rid of Labour...now that's fair enough...but some people on here have an agenda to use the site as a platform for their own political leanings, and if they get challenge they jump all over those with a different view.
Old 09-07-2009, 21:51   #53
God Member

Quote:
Now that's more like it Jaysay..you pinned your colours to the mast..anti- Labour... hope your future posts are the same instead of pussying around.
Hey Mancie......I usually pin my colours to winners also.
Your brain dead labour members tried to create a situation today about a long dead investigation into voice mail....and the now long gone John Prescott tried to make or score policital points from it. What a dick.
The Sun are running scared and in an effort to sell newspapers, along with the Guardian are 'Spinning' all the bullshine that newspapers do for a living.
Maybe Tealeaf didnt say it but I will............Get shut of this Labour Government.....Now.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 09-07-2009 at 21:54.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 21:59   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Your brain dead labour members tried to create a situation today about a long dead investigation into voice mail....and the now long gone John Prescott tried to make or score policital points from it. What a dick.
The Sun are running scared and in an effort to sell newspapers, along with the Guardian are 'Spinning' all the bullshine that newspapers do for a living.
Maybe Tealeaf didnt say it but I will............Get shut of this Labour Government.....Now.
well Roy if your saying the Tories will win the next election I reckon you are correct...and you do make it clear who you support, so we all know were we stand.
Old 09-07-2009, 22:06   #55
God Member

Quote:
well Roy if your saying the Tories will win the next election I reckon you are correct...and you do make it clear who you support, so we all know were we stand.
Just imagine pal, twelve years under tory rule without your consistant reference to Maggie.
Man Uts in second place to City or Liverpool.
Your world is falling apart mate.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 22:25   #56
God Member

Quote:
Just imagine pal, twelve years under tory rule without your consistant reference to Maggie.
Man Uts in second place to City or Liverpool.
Your world is falling apart mate.
not to worry..I have it on good authority that the world will end at exactly..

12:34:56 07/08/09

So no Tories..no City or Liverpool.. sorted...I'll die happy

Last edited by Mancie; 09-07-2009 at 22:32.
Old 09-07-2009, 22:58   #57
God Member

Quote:
Your brain dead labour members tried to create a situation today about a long dead investigation into voice mail..
I don't think the tapping of phones by the Tory party's communications director is long dead... these people are not even in power yet use their time gathering private information..stolen information.. which may be "leaked" to certian newspapers in their efforts for power, another Watergate springs to mind...I'm glad you brought it up Roy..very tastey!

Last edited by Mancie; 09-07-2009 at 23:02.
Old 10-07-2009, 00:57   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm not enslaved by any party.. unlike Jaysay and Tealeaf.. I am anti Tory because I think the Tories are lying,corrupt dirty scumbags.. that's my outlook.. and it is simplistic..this Government should be held up for the present situation but the Tories will cut funds to the NHS ..and I don't agree with that.. it's common sense to me but you have your views and I've got mine.

Last edited by Mancie; 10-07-2009 at 00:59.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:18   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am anti Tory because I think the Tories are lying,corrupt dirty scumbags.
And the present government aren't? They lied in order to embroil us in an unnecessary war...they lied about giving us a refendum on the European Constitution/Lisbon Treaty...and as for corruption, well the last few weeks have shown them in their true colours. They're every bit as bad as the Tories and if you can't see that, you really should take your blinkers off!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:32   #60
God Member

Quote:
I'm not enslaved by any party.. unlike Jaysay and Tealeaf.. I am anti Tory because I think the Tories are lying,corrupt dirty scumbags.. that's my outlook.. and it is simplistic..this Government should be held up for the present situation but the Tories will cut funds to the NHS ..and I don't agree with that.. it's common sense to me but you have your views and I've got mine.
The Conservatives have already placed firm that they won't cut the NHS budget. For examples sake lets look at education. If the government bring in £100 from taxation and owe £1,000, do you think it's wise to continue spending £200 on education because 'cuts are bad'?

I say Conservatives because you reference them specifically. We all know the governments own spending plans are to cut public spending. It's all public in the red book.

Last edited by andrewb; 10-07-2009 at 07:36.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..