Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2020, 12:12   #646
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
HaHa, what a cracker Marge, or as Frank Carson used to say, It's the way I tell em.
Just wanted to be clear...but glad you liked it!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2020, 12:16   #647
Beacon of light

Surgical masks state on the box that they offer NO protection against Covid.
Old 19-07-2020, 13:55   #648
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whats occured to me is the N.H.S. have stated on the news that there has been 8 deaths on the latest figures. now we all know the figures go up after weekend figures, so does that mean when the figures increase that remainder is who has died in care homes? i think so, cos the government run the N.H.S. so surely have acess to those figures?
Old 19-07-2020, 13:58   #649
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
PS....Taddy there is a rumour that a couple of Hobgoblins can cure anything!

Maybe "cure" isn't quite right Ma, perhaps it's more likely if you drink enough, you'll not really be bothered! (Not that I was overly fussed beforehand )
Old 19-07-2020, 14:05   #650
Beacon of light

who knows Cashy...the figures are not ot be trusted because PHE trawl the death figures and report any that have been tested as positive or suspected of having covid and they are reported as Covid deaths.
Why might that be...do you think?
Public Health England are responsible for reporting the Figures Cashy...not the NHS.
The blackburn area has reported an extra 32 cases, but this could be because they have been testing for a few days at Witton Park...it takes a couple of days for the results to come through...so it is fairly certain that if they are looking for this virus, then the figures of positives findings will go up.

Matt Hancock has said that the figures are statistically flawed...and that this could be by as much as 50%.
This was only reported when some scientists at Oxford challenged the figures...had they not done so we would still be being fed information that is clearly inaccurate.

you cannot make an informed choice on information that is flawed and that is the category of the stuff that is being fed to the media..for the geeral population to swallow.

As I have said...I am not a rebel.....but I do not accept on face value everything that the authorities would like us to believe.
I stay curious, I question everything....but I also take my own safety and that of my family very seriously.....Nicola is vulnerable and I would never risk her life.
Old 19-07-2020, 14:07   #651
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Maybe "cure" isn't quite right Ma, perhaps it's more likely if you drink enough, you'll not really be bothered! (Not that I was overly fussed beforehand )

No but hasn't hobgoblin got alcohol in it?
Doesn't alcohol kill the virus?...if the virus is dead...then no problemo...a cure.
But it won't ever be available on the NHS... the Cure has to be worse than the disease...like all medicine tastes nasty!
Old 19-07-2020, 14:10   #652
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Following the discussions on here there appears to be 2 strongly opposing camps, personally I fall into the anti mask group. That said when I'm out & about doing my job & routines I'll seldom wear a mask unless someone kicks up a fuss (in fact they were more concerned I wasn't wearing a high viz vest when daring to step into their receiving bays/warehouse).

The other thing about it all that rankles & gets my goat is when I step in somewhere to ask where something has to be placed/parked/dropped, then some gobby individual has the gall to question me as to not wearing a mask, while same said gobber isn't traipsing round wearing one!
Old 19-07-2020, 14:15   #653
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
No but hasn't hobgoblin got alcohol in it?
Doesn't alcohol kill the virus?...if the virus is dead...then no problemo...a cure.
But it won't ever be available on the NHS... the Cure has to be worse than the disease...like all medicine tastes nasty!

I have long maintained the self same opinion, if alcohol is a good defence against the nasties, well ...... getting paralytic pished is practically patriotic & right up there on a par of holiness as st Greta from Thunberg!

(who I notice has been noticeably AWOL by her silence & lack of show over the last few months)
taddy likes this.
Old 19-07-2020, 14:17   #654
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i am not a mask freak at all, had to wear one most of time for my job, found them uncomfortable and make you hot an sweaty, but with this i will perservere if i must cos i believe there is a lesser chance of passing on if i have the damn thing and dont know,
Old 19-07-2020, 14:28   #655
Beacon of light

Cashy, if that makes you feel better then that is what you must do.
It will be the death of many establishments and that is just collateral damage as far as the govenment is concerned...they only want to look good...and not be questioned, just obeyed.

I am not a mask freak either...as you know I also wore them in relation to my job...but I understood the reasoning for it and it was sound...this is not.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-07-2020, 14:35   #656
Beacon of light

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ng-the-public/
Have a read of this.....now I'm doing an Exile...sorry Exile, but this is worth a read.
Old 19-07-2020, 18:51   #657

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1242201]I have long maintained the self same opinion, if alcohol is a good defence against the nasties, well ...... getting paralytic pished is practically patriotic & right up there on a par of holiness as st Greta from Thunberg!

Thanks for that Dave but there is a big difference between having a few pints of what you fancy and as you say getting paralytic pished.
Your's as ever ,Stay Safe, Stay masked if you want, but stay Pished if you have to.Your's Taddy.

Last edited by taddy; 19-07-2020 at 18:59.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 18:59   #658

Quote:
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ng-the-public/
Have a read of this.....now I'm doing an Exile...sorry Exile, but this is worth a read.
Why would you need to do an exile Marge,as you stated in an earlier post different folk may have differing opinions but then again that is what makes Accy Web so interesting.
Stay safe but stay on Accy Web. Your's Taddy.
Old 19-07-2020, 19:21   #659

Quote:
I don't know...wasn't aware that it had been.
Which post is it that it has been deleted from?
Maybe I am being watched for my dissident views.
Your posts were not deleted only your name, The beacon of light still showed but not your name.
I have noticed but usually on a monday morning that when you try to access Accy web all the posts end up with just a jumble of figures/numbers, this happened this morning; all I was thinking is this when the "moderaters check over the contents or whatever of the posts; with me not being very tech savvy I just wondered but whatever, keep up your (as you say) dissident views, you are as much entitled to them as anyone else. (Even Hobgoblin swillers).
Your's Taddy.
Old 19-07-2020, 20:12   #660
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Why would you need to do an exile Marge,as you stated in an earlier post different folk may have differing opinions but then again that is what makes Accy Web so interesting.
Stay safe but stay on Accy Web. Your's Taddy.

No Taddy...you misunderstand me...it is usually Exile on Spencer St who posts links to articles like the one I posted....I didn't mean I was going into exile....and anyway they wouldn't have me they would say don't let that gobby cow in, she's trouble!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 19-07-2020 at 20:17.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..