Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2020, 11:33   #931
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

thing is what i dont understand with masks, why are the N.H.S. advocating wearing them also showing videos on how to make your own yet you say they are useless margaret?
Old 21-08-2020, 12:32   #932
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thing is what i dont understand with masks, why are the N.H.S. advocating wearing them also showing videos on how to make your own yet you say they are useless margaret?
Imagine a football is a germ, now imagine the football net is a mask, kick the ball into the net and the mesh stops it because the football is bigger than the mesh.
Now, imagine a virus which compared to a football is the size of a pea, throw that into the goal the mesh is too wide apart to stop the pea so a virus would go straight through a mask.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 12:36   #933
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

aye less but that dont answer my question about the N.H.S. advocating it.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:39   #934

Quote:
Some mysteries in life I'm just not clever enough to explain.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:49   #935
Beacon of light

Quote:

Cashy, it is not ME saying they are useless.

The scientists (and the science has not changed)are saying they are useless, the mask manufacturers are saying they wil NOT protect you against viruses.
I can provide you with detail of at least 42 peer reviewed scientific studies going back as far as 1975 that will tell you this...AND will also tell you the risks you run by wearing these masks non stop(as they are expecting children to do when they resume school in September)

Wearing a mask is a sign that you are compliant with what government are asking you to do(Brain rinsed).....but it does not show whether you are treating the masks with the care that is needed to ensure you do not contaminate other things in your life....and it will be bacterial or fungal contamination you spread from the mask as viruses are too small to be captured by these maske.

I will say again....ANYTHING smaller that 300 nano-microns will not be captured by any mask.
The covid virus is 190 nano-microns so it gets through very easily...and once a mask is moist then it makes transmission even easier.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 21-08-2020 at 12:58.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 12:53   #936
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Imagine a football is a germ, now imagine the football net is a mask, kick the ball into the net and the mesh stops it because the football is bigger than the mesh.
Now, imagine a virus which compared to a football is the size of a pea, throw that into the goal the mesh is too wide apart to stop the pea so a virus would go straight through a mask.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Less. Go to the top of the class...and you can be pencil monitor and milk monitor for the forseeable future. I wish I had thought of that!
Brilliant analogy. And being football themed that might make sense to those who have found my explanations difficult.

It is time that people started to question why we are being manipulated as we are.
The answers are out there.
They are scary and sound too 'science fiction'...but that means there is every chance they are accurate.
It scares me anyway.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:56   #937
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, it is not ME saying they are useless.

The scientists (and the science has not changed)are saying they are useless, the mask manufacturers are saying they wil NOT protect you agains viruses.
I can provide you with detail of at least 42 peer reviewed scientific studies going back as far as 1975 that will tell you this...AND will also tell you the risks you run by wearing these masks non stop(as they are expecting children to do when they resume school in September)

Wearing a mask is a sign that you are compliant with what government are asking you to do(Brain rinsed).....but it does not show whether you are treating the masks with the care that is needed to ensure you do not contaminate other things in your life....and it will be bacterial or fungal contamination you spread from the mask as viruses are too small to be captured by these maske.

I will say again....ANYTHING smaller that 300 nano-microns will not be captured by any mask.
The covid virus is 190 nano-microns so it gets through very easily...and once a mask is moist then it makes transmission even easier.
not saying its you am asking why the N.H.S. are advocating? personally i take more notice of them than any scientist.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:57   #938
Beacon of light

Quote:

Because the NHS is a politicised organisation and it does as the government meddlers tell it to do. I know this for a fact...I have been in enough meetings where government directives are being discussed, but are implemented regardless.
Old 21-08-2020, 13:01   #939
Beacon of light

Quote:
not saying its you am asking why the N.H.S. are advocating? personally i take more notice of them than any scientist.
so don't you believe the underpinnings of health care are based on scientific research Cashy?

This is not an NHS edict...it is a government edict and the NHs complies with the edict
Old 21-08-2020, 13:39   #940
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
so don't you believe the underpinnings of health care are based on scientific research Cashy?

This is not an NHS edict...it is a government edict and the NHs complies with the edict
yes but i fail to see why the N.H.S. are saying that if science says different. also i fail to see why they agree with government when many times we have all seen them strongly disagree.
Old 21-08-2020, 13:58   #941
Beacon of light

Cashy, you are too trusting. You trust what the government is telling you....these politicians whose stock in trade is lies.

The NHS is an organisation that is manipulated by politics. They do as they are told.
How often has it been used to score political points?
Where does it get its funding from?
Government!
So if the government says jump, the NHS not only jumps but it asks how high and how long it needs to stay up.
It was ever thus....nothing has changed.

Cashy throughout this thread I have taken time to find links to the science...so that you may arm yourself against the big con that is going on.
It is not for me...but to help.others to inform themselves, to protect themselves.
But if you want to believe what the government tell you, believe that they have your interests at heart...wear your mask, then, of course that is your choice.....just don't believe it will offer you any protection against the virus.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 21-08-2020 at 14:01.
Old 21-08-2020, 14:02   #942

Quote:
But if you want to believe what the government tell you....and wear your mask, then, of course that is your choice.....just don't believe it will offer you any protection against the virus.
It won't offer an protection from the people that insisted on making masks compulsory either, except, perhaps you won't get fined for not wearing one.
Old 21-08-2020, 14:18   #943
Beacon of light

No-one is being challenged if they are not wearing a mask.
How many police do you see in Accrington town centre?(remember the police station is on Broadway)
Asda are not challenging those not wearing masks and not only that they are putting announcements on the tannoy to say that some people not wearing masks are exempt.

You can go to the pub, eat out, no mask required, you can go to the gym exerting yourself, breathing hard, but not wear a mask....but a trip to the shops and you have to wear a mask.
This is neither sense nor logic.
Cashy, I cannot make you understand...I can only give you reason and evidence.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-08-2020, 15:15   #944
God Member

It’s not what ‘THE NHS‘ is saying, it’s who in the NHS is saying it.
These announcements, as Margaret alluded to, are usually put out from HQ by paper-pushers, statisticians, and even more grandly titled administrators. Their role is to do as their paymasters (the Govt) tell them if, for no other reason, than their admin jobs depend on it.
Here’s a letter that, it’s claimed, comes from a front line consultant.

https://georivista.com/2020/07/16/ch...obal-research/

This is not the only such comment I’ve come across from real medics, as opposed to the politicised bureaucracy of the NHS. Here’s another.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...t-the-lockdown

And, if anyone is still in doubt, here’s what it says on the Boots web site:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8E6E0E16-37F1-4995-A86D-8E294909141E.jpeg (284.1 KB, 9 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 16:34   #945
Beacon of light

While I have been retired from the NHS for a long time now, I can confirm that I have been in meetings allegedly to discuss government guidelines.....our discussions were irrelevant.
Just a paper exercise to make it look like there had been consultation with medical staff.

Exile, you are right....who pays the piper calls the tune....so the government hand down the rules....the administrators hand them down to the minions and the minions tick the boxes.
That is how it works.
So your comment is spot on.

We can post all the links, the articles, the science, but it does not seem to make much of an impact.
But, I find it interesting so keep posting these nuggets...I value them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..