Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2020, 09:04   #901
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they are being fooled.

It hit the papers yesterday that more people are dying from Flu and pneumonia right now than from the virus.....but this has been true for weeks if you look at the ONS statistics.

There will be many more people die from other things because they have not been able to see a GP...they might have had a telephone appointment, but you cannot see pallor or jaundice, or see clubbed fingernails by a telephone call....you cannot see if someone's walk is affected or if they sit down gingerly...you cannot palpate an abdomen or listen to breath sounds, check a BP or an ecg by phone.
So many life shortening conditions will have been missed as a result of us being duped.
Very sad. Very damaging and really unnecessary.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2020, 09:41   #902
Beacon of light

I should have said that my quote at the start of my last post can be attributed to Mark Twain.
Old 19-08-2020, 10:23   #903
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

It hit the papers yesterday that more people are dying from Flu and pneumonia right now than from the virus.....but this has been true for weeks if you look at the ONS statistics.

There will be many more people die from other things because they have not been able to see a GP...they might have had a telephone appointment, but you cannot see pallor or jaundice, or see clubbed fingernails by a telephone call....you cannot see if someone's walk is affected or if they sit down gingerly...you cannot palpate an abdomen or listen to breath sounds, check a BP or an ecg by phone.
So many life shortening conditions will have been missed as a result of us being duped.
surely others must know this. said right from the outset that other illnesses are still available. why is one virus so much more deadly than anything else known to man. has there ever been any disease ever that has had so much publicity and fear associated with it. will any winter flu outbreak be classed as corona virus. we do not know but there,s one here who has a feeling it will.
DaveinGermany likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 10:55   #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I have to put a rider to this Marge, (if thats the right word).
Last weekend Hazel was suffering with terrible back pain and finding it hard to breathe,after ringing our G.P. surgery on Monday morning she received a telephone appointment in the afternoon with our G.P who told her to make an appointment with the practice nurse for the following day, Tuesday. The receptionist said that there were no appointments available until Hazel told her what the G.P. had said.
After having blood tests on the Tuesday morning, The telephone rang at 18-30 hours and our G.P. told her that she must attend A and E. immedeatly.
Hazel was given X rays, more blood tests etc and I brought her home around midnight; She has had to go back this morning for scans, she could not have had faster, better care anywhere, the only downside being that I was not allowed and am still not allowed to be with her because of the covid 19 rules.
so I am on tenterhooks at the moment not knowing what is going on.
Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 11:03   #905
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a similar thing happened with us last week ange had something wrong so rang up, doc rang back and said come see nurse etc etc, she dont like going alone but i stood outside and waited yon.
Old 19-08-2020, 11:33   #906
Beacon of light

Taddy, my thoughts are with you.
It is very worrying when someone who is the centre of your life is not well.
I hope things turn out well.
I am really glad that you were sorted out in a timely manner, and this maybe down to the particular practice as some are so much better than others.

Cashy, like wise. I am glad that Ange got to see someone.

All that said, it is putting a lot onto nurses.....and it is mooted that face to face consultations with doctors will be less common once all this has died down.
It causes me concern, not for me personally but for others who will avoid 'being a nuisance'
Or not feel confident about a telephone conversation with either a GP or a health care professional.
There is no substitute for seeing a patient....so much information can be gained from seeing how a patient walks into a consulting room.
Old 19-08-2020, 12:06   #907
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree the nurse did a test on me about 2 weeks ago,then she did not know what it was, so she went and got the doc,to have a sneck, the doc only knew cos it was something that happened to her years back,or she wouldnt have known either. i was complaing of intense pain under my foot, was that bad i could not walk at all on the day before i went, she said when she had it she had never encounterd pain like it. seems it was a blood vessel that had burst that caused it.i still have a smaller lump under my foot but it aint bothering me at all now, she said it would ease off and go,thank god.
Old 19-08-2020, 12:55   #908
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Pleased to see disease ridden masks disposed of carefully!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 13:06   #909
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

SCUM are everywhere Less cos they know they have little to fear.
Old 19-08-2020, 14:25   #910
God Member

Another good article in Spiked today.
I particularly noted that...

Back in March, the purpose of lockdown was to ‘flatten the curve’, to slow the spread of the disease – essentially, to prolong the epidemic – in order to prevent health systems from being overwhelmed. Of course, the hospitals in most developed countries were never overwhelmed in the end.... Since then, those who favour lockdown have retrospectively decided that lockdown should shorten the pain by suppressing the virus early. In other words, the same policy was supposed to achieve the precise opposite of its initial justification.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...-down-forever/

One might conclude we’re being governed by the gormless advised by charlatans funded by the avaricious.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 14:33   #911
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The avaricious never fund anything, they always play with other people's money so that their 'little' nest egg is always safe.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 15:49   #912
Beacon of light

That is spot on Less....absolutely spot on.
Old 19-08-2020, 17:13   #913

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1243564]Taddy, my thoughts are with you.
It is very worrying when someone who is the centre of your life is not well.
I hope things turn out well.
I am really glad that you were sorted out in a timely manner, and this maybe down to the particular practice as some are so much better than others.

I always knew that Hazel had a big heart but it seems that the N.H.S. Consuultants are going to prove me right after damn near sixty years,after all the blood tests, x rays and whatever it seems that they have come to the conclusion that she (may have) an enlarged heart; she has to go back again tomorrow for another scan this time for her heart.

Please do not take this as a flippant comment but at the moment I am struggling to accept the diagnoses, Although Hazel (as always), is taking in her stride.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 18:38   #914
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Please do not take this as a flippant comment but at the moment I am struggling to accept the diagnoses, Although Hazel (as always), is taking in her stride.

Mate, sometimes it is the only thing to help you come to terms with your world being turned upside down believe me.
Old 19-08-2020, 18:57   #915
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The avaricious never fund anything, they always play with other people's money so that their 'little' nest egg is always safe.
Maybe, Less, but I was thinking of, amongst others, Neil Ferguson and Bill Gates as examples of my latter two categories.

Here’s an extract from one article I came across.
https://evolveconsciousness.org/neil...to-bill-gates/

You recall Ferguson’s much derided code was for a flu model made in 2005 for Taiwan. When he was rumbled, rather than open up the code for others in the field to review and help influence any actions governments were taking, Ferguson chose to go to Microsoft instead. Why? To re-write the code and make it better. So no one actually got to see the original bad code used to make a bad model that governments used to lock everyone down. Since when is Microsoft the experts to model epidemics? Fishy stuff.

Of all actions he could have taken, he went running to Microsoft, not other experts in field to properly model the pandemic. That’s interesting. Why?

Could it be due to some loyalty or influence related to Microsoft? Maybe the founder of Microsoft Bill Gates?

The Gates Foundation funded Imperial College at various times. Look at the coincidence of the timing for the 29-fold (29x) increase in funding.
In 2010, $2 million was given to Imperial College
In March 2020, $79 million was provided to Imperial College.

The avaricious may be happy to fund fund others when it will help them amass even more billions.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..