Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2022, 15:04   #2401
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

It does not follow that if BJ is ousted….there would be a rush to Keir Starmer.
Tony Blair wrecked the Labour Party…..along with many aspects of UK society.
I would never vote Labour again as long as I live….I would prefer to spoil my paper than vote for that obnoxious crew.
And the Tory MP for Bury who has changed sides…what a hypocrite.
He signed a bill that said if an MP changed their allegiance they should resign and have a bye election.
The people of Bury voted in a Conservative MP and now have a Labour MP.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2022, 16:36   #2402
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I am the same NEVER AGAIN sadly.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-01-2022, 16:52   #2403
Beacon of light

My lass was a paid up party member for years, a staunch supporter…..but she is despairing of how the party has evolved.
Now she would no more vote for the Labour Party than she would show her bum at the town hall
Old 19-01-2022, 19:11   #2404
Full Member+

I should think not, don't you think we have enough bum's at the town hall.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 01:08   #2405

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence – that is until you get there. We have two major elections this year, State in March and Federal in May, or thereabouts. The way people are talking now it looks like we will have a complete change of government in both cases, but is the alternative going to be any better? Who knows.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 01:11   #2406

Now that the waiting time between the second jab and the booster has been slashed to 3 months over here, and I believe that is the same over there, what do people think about it? Initially we were told that it was important to wait six months, then this went to five, then to four, and now it’s three. I find this to be a real worry, if six months was the criteria before, how safe is it now to have it slashed to three?

The original information we were given was that once 90% of the people were vaccinated things would be getting back to normal. Obviously this hasn’t worked, and so now it’s the booster thati is the carrot before the donkey. I don’t believe any of the garbage that we are told but it will be interesting to hear from the people who have actually had the booster in the three month’s space. Any takers?
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 06:39   #2407
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
I should think not, don't you think we have enough bum's at the town hall.
Yes but they are just ‘bog standard bums’…..this would be a bare bum.
Old 20-01-2022, 07:20   #2408
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence – that is until you get there. We have two major elections this year, State in March and Federal in May, or thereabouts. The way people are talking now it looks like we will have a complete change of government in both cases, but is the alternative going to be any better? Who knows.
I really think that it makes very little difference…..it is like changing one crocodile for another one….sometimes it might be a bigger crocodile…but it is still a croc.
Old 20-01-2022, 09:41   #2409
God Member

Without any knowledge or proof i have a feeling that under labour we would have had even more and longer virus restrictions. Then for those of us who have not bought into the green agenda what we have seen already may be mild to what labour would have come out with.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2022, 15:28   #2410
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say in my opinion Labour have Never bothered about the worker since that prat Corbyn was in charge and many are too thick to see that.
Old 20-01-2022, 16:30   #2411
Beacon of light

Cashy, I think it goes back a lot further than that, but I would not dare to guess just how far.
Old 20-01-2022, 16:36   #2412
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

blair did some good stuff as well i reckon. till he sent lads to die.
Old 20-01-2022, 17:26   #2413
Beacon of light

I cannot think of anything good that that evil war monger did.
He dismantled the fabric of society, he opened the doors to all comers….whether they had anything to contribute or not.
He made benefits a way of life….again whether there had been contributions to the fund or not.
He sent young men and women to theatres of war ill prepared and vulnerable.
He lied again and again….he was the puppet of George W Bush and he had hie eyes on getting his name into the history books….and of course that WILL happen, but for the wrong reasons.

I cannot think of anything at all that would redeem any of that.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-01-2022, 10:10   #2414
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say in my opinion Labour have Never bothered about the worker since that prat Corbyn was in charge and many are too thick to see that.
think you could go back to the days of wilson and callahan to show if they did anything for the working man. even that is debatable and possibly wh would have to go back as far as atlee. lot including me have voted labour and ended up regretting it. a vote for them now would be a vote for even more government control, more dingy divers and such and out greening the green party. think we all know where they will get their votes from without the need of spelling it out.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 10:54   #2415
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think you could go back to the days of wilson and callahan to show if they did anything for the working man. even that is debatable and possibly wh would have to go back as far as atlee. lot including me have voted labour and ended up regretting it. a vote for them now would be a vote for even more government control, more dingy divers and such and out greening the green party. think we all know where they will get their votes from without the need of spelling it out.
i cant go back this football season my memories knackered.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..