Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2022, 07:43   #2491

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1263755]Taddy…Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
I suppose you will be stopping some Hobgoblins from going off?

Thanks for that Marge but I don't need a birthday or any other reason for suppin my four pint daily dose of Hobby Gobby.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2022, 08:21   #2492
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
One of the things that has effected me is that I no longer ride my bike, something I used to do regularly before covid.
Stopped using it because of covid lock down, it's in the kitchen being ignored and so neglected the tyres are as flat as my enthusiasm to take it out, I don't think I'll ever use it again, what a waste.
doubt you are on your own there. think nearly everyone have stopped doing something that they did pre virus. we always used to have one day out of the area once a week looking round the shops and going into a cafe, not a restaurant, for dinner. now its a case of shopping out of necessity, going home for dinner due to the muzzle regulations as we have broken the habit and cannot be bothered anymore.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:43   #2493
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
One of the things that has effected me is that I no longer ride my bike, something I used to do regularly before covid.
Stopped using it because of covid lock down, it's in the kitchen being ignored and so neglected the tyres are as flat as my enthusiasm to take it out, I don't think I'll ever use it again, what a waste.
Well, well, by coincidence, just had a text from my doctors surgery it seems according to my latest blood test, I'm lacking in the vitamin d department and am therefore being prescribed extra vitamins.
Vitamin d is known as the sunshine vitamin so I suppose 2 years of staying indoors must have had some effect?
Maybe I should put some air in those tyres after all.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 10:50   #2494
God Member

those of us living in the north should all be on vitamin D tablets all the time especially us pennine chain livers.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:59   #2495
Beacon of light

For a number of years we(my other half and I) have got into the habit of taking Vitamin D from the start of October to when the clocks go forward.
Dr Grimes at what was QPH used to tell us that it would help us to combat the nasty bugs going round in the winter months.....and it does seem to work...or might that be the Vit C we take too...whatever it is, we keep doing it
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:33   #2496
God Member

well margaret you cannot be called an anti pill popper anyway.
Old 11-02-2022, 14:56   #2497
Beacon of light

Those are the only pills I take….himself takes more prescribed stuff.
Old 11-02-2022, 17:04   #2498
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have been told vit D is the one dunno if its true.
Old 11-02-2022, 18:30   #2499
Beacon of light

Vitamin D boosts the immune system but has other beneficial effects too
cashman likes this.
Old 21-02-2022, 11:12   #2500
God Member

If anyone wonders why some people distrust Bill Gates involvement in mass vaccinations, find time to listen to the first five minutes of this.

[url]https://

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 21-02-2022 at 11:14.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 11:17   #2501
God Member

Interesting, for sone reason my link was not attached.
Paranoid? Moi? ��

Anyway the piece is from Dr. John Campbell’s you tube site yesterday and is entitled “B*ll G*yes and Australia”.
Just the first five minutes.

Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 14:22   #2502
Beacon of light

I think that Bill Gates thinks it is sad that Omicron has boosted our natural immunity because it means that he does not get the dosh from the vaccines.
He himself has said that there is a glut of vaccines and a lower demand for the vaccines.
That must cause him grief as it means a loss of cash for his Gavi foundation.

He talks about future vaccination developments….using the mRNA platform.
This will mean that any future pandemics they would bring out a jab in a speedier time frame.
That ‘normalises’ these jabs….the jabs that do NOT stop you from getting/transmitting any other virus.
There is nothing better or safer than a naturally acquired immunity….an immunity that allows your body to make its own B cells and T cells….these are the seek and kill cells of your immune system. B cells make antibodies which disarm the invader and the T cells are the cells that kill the invaders.

We need exposure to all kinds of viruses to keep our immune systems ‘on their toes’.
Old 21-02-2022, 14:23   #2503
Beacon of light

By the way Exile…both of those video clips work for me…..and thank you for them…very interesting.
Old 21-02-2022, 14:33   #2504
Beacon of light

As to BG….he was saying that they would be quicker off the mark with jabs the next time.
He said something about the two year time frame….but it did not take two years to formulate the jabs…..the pandemic was declared at the start of 2020 and the first jabs were being given at the start of December 2020…..and at the current time 91% of those eligible have been jabbed….some of these three times.
Billions into the coffers of the companies making them….most of which have investments by BG
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-02-2022, 09:30   #2505
God Member

and what i have heard is true there is now talk of a 4th jab being available sometime in the spring. wonder if this will ever end. the muzzles for some seem to be staying for life.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..