Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2022, 09:15   #2476
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

if they give the true figures, case numbers are NOT rising they are decreasing but some are too daft to see that.plus the average age for deaths are 82.
Old 04-02-2022, 13:59   #2477
Beacon of light

If the truth be told omicron has been a godsend.
It has allowed people to get a mild infection and make their own antibodies……and it has also caused them to make their own B and T killer cells which seek out the infection and kill it.

This will have no nasty side effects in the future and is tailored to your own needs.

Cashy we have been bamboozled from the very start.
Figures were manipulated to create the maximum fear factor…..and this was successively ramped up and the population were brainwashed into complying with rules that have probably made little difference to the outcomes.

People have still died, but then flu kills as many people every single year without all this social and economic disruption.
People will continue to die in the future from this virus and others that may come along.
But we should never be coerced into the jackboot control measures that were employed by the government at the behest of the government.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:03   #2478
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

Cashy we have been bamboozled from the very start.
Figures were manipulated to create the maximum fear factor…..and this was successively ramped up and the population were brainwashed into complying with rules that have probably made little difference to the outcomes.

what did surprise me was how easily this manipulation was done. somehow i could never see my parents being taken in like the majority have and would have pushed back against them from day 1. could never have seen my ma wearing a face muzzle going shopping after all the time it took her on her make up before leaving the house.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:52   #2479
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was not hard to bamboozle people mate, no one had a clue how bad this virus was? the government were being advised by village idiots.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:14   #2480
Beacon of light

Scientists Cashy….but the Wrong kind of scientists. (Which is actually worse than relying on the village idiots because letters after their name give them credibility)

And they were responsible for vast sociological damage that will be felt for decades.
They repressed any information from other scientists by calling it dis information.
I do not subscribe to ANY social media to have my opinions formed for me.
I search out information from reliable sources….sources with a scientific background.

In the initial phase of the infection the doctors were using the wrong treatments….many patients died because of this rather than from the effects of the virus.

My views have not changed from the beginning.
We were manipulated….all of us….even those who felt what was being done was wrong had to follow rules that did not protect, but only made it look like something was being done
Old 06-02-2022, 09:39   #2481
God Member

long covid could be the discription of untreated or undiagnosed illnesses that have occured over the last two years plus the tipping over the edge of the mentally frail.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:25   #2482
Beacon of light

All viruses have the ability to create long term problems…..do you remember the term ‘yuppie Flu’ this was a term used to describe what is now called ME(myalgic enceplalomyelitis)….also known as Chronic fatigue syndrome….it is thought to be an auto immune response to infection.
There are no definitive tests for this condition…it is diagnosed on symptoms.
And there is no real treatment for it either….the treatment is symptomatic.
Old 09-02-2022, 17:43   #2483
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

deaths and hospital admissions are decreasing the government say on todays news, so if things carry on like this RESTRICTIONS will end at the end of this month,, i personally agree with that, LABOUR are objecting lol all i can say is after a lifetime of voting labour, anyone who objects to that is a complete waste of time, in my view. anyone voting for clowns like the LABOUR Party is wrong in the head, defo a screw loose.some will now call me but i dont give a stuff.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:48   #2484

I'm with you Cashy
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:07   #2485
God Member

labour are just showing by this how they possibly would have handled things from the start. no one has criticised johnson more than me but with them i have a feeling we could have ended up like canada, australia and new zealand. its something that the left has always loved, the control of the masses.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:57   #2486
Beacon of light

If you said to Labour ‘it is daylight’ they would tell you that it is dark.
I get the feeling that the argue the toss for arguments sake…not because they have anything positive to add…but just so that it looks like they are ‘opposing’….opposing has to be done with intelligence and knowledge….and I have to say this lot couldn’t pour pee from a shoe unless the instructions were written on the sole.

The statistics can be made to say anything.
It would have helped if we had had a level of honesty and transparency from the outset.
Like the numbers of people who have actually died because of the virus…rather than with it.
The number of people who have died from heart attacks, Cancer and other long term illnesses because they have not been able to access the care that they need.

My daughter was supposed to have a scan last June….it has been postponed so many times….and she still has not had this follow up scan.
So those who did not die from Covid may just be a Covid statistic because their disease process was ignored.

We have been controlled and bamboozled and there will be very many people who will continue to dodge you like you have the plague and continue wearing masks and avoid living their lives.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:58   #2487
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats summed up perfectly to me, Labour in general DO NOT GIVE A STUFF about people, ITS CONTROL they want of the masses.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:17   #2488
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

One of the things that has effected me is that I no longer ride my bike, something I used to do regularly before covid.
Stopped using it because of covid lock down, it's in the kitchen being ignored and so neglected the tyres are as flat as my enthusiasm to take it out, I don't think I'll ever use it again, what a waste.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 17:11   #2489

[QUOTE=Less;1263750]One of the things that has effected me is that I no longer ride my bike, something I used to do regularly before covid.
Stopped using it because of covid lock down, it's in the kitchen being ignored and so neglected the tyres are as flat as my enthusiasm to take it out, I don't think I'll ever use it again, what a waste.

Please tell me where you live and I shall come and pick it up. (if it's going for naught ? that is) and if it's not to far away. I will be three score years and fifteen tomorrow but I would love to ride a bike again. (only partially joking).
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 18:14   #2490
Beacon of light

Taddy…Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
I suppose you will be stopping some Hobgoblins from going off?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..