Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2020, 09:47   #1246
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

I would not trust my graph to keep me safe.
I failed Maths..although then they were called sums.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2020, 09:58   #1247
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1246355]

We are putting the country into the hands of a few men(four to be precise) who are making major decisions which will influence our future for generations.

the quicker we as a country decide to live with the virus instead of fighting something that is not going away then we will always be living with these restrictions. how many tropical deseases like malaria are present in tropical countries where there populations realize they are not going to go away and just get on with their lives. seems china has got back to normal already. there is one and only one thing in the future and that is death. why should we have to live the years we have got left surrounded by so many restrictions. that goes for people of all ages as i say again the virus or some new ones are not going away even with pie in the sky vaccinations.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:59   #1248
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I would not trust my graph to keep me safe.
I failed Maths..although then they were called sums.
just rebrand yourself as an expert then you,ve cracked it. no one else will know.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:20   #1249
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Lockdown the first time was NOT OBSERVED there were plenty of Dickheads marching for B.L.M. amongst other things,also plenty of fools and selfish young people doing other stuff. the only way to have a chance of it working good, is COME DOWN HARD on all the fools that ignore it, Money always talks.
think the vast majority did more or less observe the rules but might have moved the goalposts slightly like i did. found driving up to the moors like i did was against the rules but was hardly gong to increase the R rate as space was not at a premium. think the main problem was not protest marches but pubs re opening after the lockdown. drink does not help people from becoming dickheads it makes a good number into one.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:04   #1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think the vast majority did more or less observe the rules but might have moved the goalposts slightly like i did. found driving up to the moors like i did was against the rules but was hardly gong to increase the R rate as space was not at a premium. think the main problem was not protest marches but pubs re opening after the lockdown. drink does not help people from becoming dickheads it makes a good number into one.
When the bottom appears to be falling out of your world,then sup a few pints of real ale,(Hobgoblin in my case), and you will find the world will then fall out of your bottom. Stay Happy, Your's, The Hobgoblin loving Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:08   #1251
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i would agree majority did, but there was enough clowns to make sure it spread,
Old 03-11-2020, 14:56   #1252
Beacon of light

Those clowns only appeared when the rules became laughable Cashy.....some things you could do....but others you could not....and there seemed to be no joined up thinking....much of it seemed unreasonable.
And blame....it is not the governments job to blame the population when the rules are so confusing and contrary.

Once you have been locked up for three months....and the sun is shining, the beer is flowing...and you are in a park...open air = less of a risk.

The definition of stupid is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results....like the lockdown....it did not work the first time so let’s do it again, but first we will scare the bejasus out of the population with bogus figures.

The men in charge of this are really not interested in looking after us...they are interested in getting as many people as possible vaccinated with a vaccine developed by the company in which they have half a million quid worth of shares.....which will translate into mega bucks.

I do not trust them as far as I can spit.
Old 03-11-2020, 15:18   #1253
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

From what i saw have to completely disagree Margaret
Old 03-11-2020, 18:32   #1254
God Member

Here are some newspaper headlines....look familiar...they’re from 2018!
Two years ago.
With all due respect to your opinion, Cashy, was it dick-heads who generated those headlines?

Heard Professors Witless and Unbalanced today telling us that this latest (but not the last, I suspect) lockdown will reduce the magic R rate “if people comply”. So it fails, they already have their excuse worked out.
It’s all our fault.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 59947420-DD75-4AB2-9586-94BF3CEFB31A.jpeg (95.8 KB, 7 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 18:53   #1255
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Here are some newspaper headlines....look familiar...they’re from 2018!
Two years ago.
With all due respect to your opinion, Cashy, was it dick-heads who generated those headlines?

Heard Professors Witless and Unbalanced today telling us that this latest (but not the last, I suspect) lockdown will reduce the magic R rate “if people comply”. So it fails, they already have their excuse worked out.
It’s all our fault.
most people i talk to know damn well its dickheads that caused this virus to spread simple as,
Old 03-11-2020, 18:55   #1256
Beacon of light

Exile, you know why it is our fault?
It is because it is easier to apportion blame than to sort out the problem.
They cannot accept that they have got it wrong..and are still getting it wrong because this Virus is going nowhere...and all a lockdown does is kick the problem down the road a bit.
How many lockdown will it take to convince them that it does not work.

Not closing schools(and I am one who hates to think that childrens education is going to be fractured) means that children will mix with other children who then go home to families...taking whatever they have picked up at school home with them.

The vaccine that is coming in December(?) who is going to take that?
And this blanket testing that is going to be done in Liverpool...all it will do is show positive tests as cases and make it look as though there are all these infected people out there.

At this time of year hospitals are usually around 90% capacity...the government waant us to believe that this level has been exceeded but in most hospitals they are running at 88%...but that does not fit their agenda at all.

It comes to something when this information can be obtained via the MSM.....and it means there is a growing resistance to the current plan.
They really need to ditch Whitty and Vallance in favour of Carl heneghan and Tom Jefferson or implement the suggestion of the Great Barrington Declaration.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 03-11-2020, 19:05   #1257
Beacon of light

Cashy...who are these DH's?
have they got a name, an ethnic group..because in local towns where there were large ethnic populations the blame was laid at their door.
Is it those folk who went out and took advantage of the 'Eat out to Help Out'...or is it people you meet in your daily life?
Is it the younger generation who have been out drinking?(they were under the impression that they were at a much lower risk of getting this virus...and if they did by chance get it they would shrug it off.
I Know of people who have tested positive, but have had zero symptoms....and they have all self isolated(I know because we have shopped for a couple of these to help them stay home).
The people I have known to have positive tests have taken this very seriously...even in the absence of symptoms...
One lady paid us for her shopping with a note that she had sprayed with anti bac and told us to leave it in the envelope for 72 hours so that she did not pass anything on to us(this lady is in her 80's...but symptomless...i have contacted her daily to check that she is alright)
Old 03-11-2020, 19:14   #1258
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well the first few months there were loads of asian kids playing out together no safety at all, i saw them daily a few times. trouble is people are too damn soft and dare not say for chance they get labelled RACIST. also there was plenty of white older people who work outside all grouped together not bothering at all. in fact even today there was 8 or 9 of these workers outside a butty shop having a good natter all in a group.

Last edited by cashman; 03-11-2020 at 19:16.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 19:48   #1259
Beacon of light

Children were not thought to be susceptible to the virus....and there is no record of the virus being passed on by children....this is what the scientists tell us.
The virus was considered to be something that affected those with medical problems, the obese and those over 80.
That said, it does not excuse them for disregarding the guidelines....but then the guidelines seemed to be a movable feast...they were confusing for many....yes they knew about social distancing and hand washing.....but the masks.....in March we were told that masks did not protect....then the government went into mask production and lo and behold masks were now mandatory.
There is and has been a lack of consistency, there has been a Covid overload, this means that people stop listening.....and if rules seem nonsensical (which they are.....and have been flouted by those who were advising us) then there is a very good chance they will be disregarded.

There is no way that I will do what I did for the first lockdown...I am going to continue to take all the precautions I have taken this far, but if I want to go to the shop, then that is what I will do.....I will not stop supporting my family....if they need me then I will go into their home.
I have not been on a bus since the beginning of March, not had a haircut, I don’t go to the pub...or out for a meal.
Yoga has been cancelled since March.

That this lockdown may not be lifted on Dec 2.....in spite of the fact that Whitty and Vallance stats have been proved to be bogus is a travesty.
Old 03-11-2020, 20:09   #1260
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I am well aware you will always play it as safe as possible Margaret, no doubt at all in my mind. also those with medical problems do come off worst also, but you dont have to have em to reach the end of the line with this i know only too well

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..