Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Given half of those detained to 28 days were innocent, do you:
Oppose an increase to 42 days without charge 5 27.78%
Support an increase to 42 days without charge 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2008, 21:36   #76
God Member

Re: Detention without charge poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Every avenue should be explored. Every other civilized country manages to explore them without needing 42 days. In fact, we manage to do it within 28 days, so there is no need to extend.
were british we like to do things properly infact other police are so pathetic we had to send in british investigators to help conduct the search for madelin

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2008, 21:37   #77
Loz

Quote:
Every avenue should be explored. Every other civilized country manages to explore them without needing 42 days. In fact, we manage to do it within 28 days, so there is no need to extend.
What about the USA?
Guantamo bay anybody?
Old 14-07-2008, 21:38   #78
God Member

Quote:
How do you know whether the police have had the people under surveillance or not? I am damn sure they don't inform us when they are going to keep their eye on somebody, so from where do you get your evidence??
David Davis has fully investigated it and nobody has come out to say hes fibbing![/quote]Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???
Old 14-07-2008, 21:39   #79
God Member

Quote:
I presume you count the USA as a civilized country?
maybe we should hold terrorist suspects on an Island and hold them for 5years+ without charge!!!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 21:40   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
David Davis has fully investigated it and nobody has come out to say hes fibbing!
Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???[/quote]

He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!!
Old 14-07-2008, 21:40   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
What about the USA?
Guantamo bay anybody?
The one example (which is being scrapped because its wrong)
Old 14-07-2008, 21:42   #82
Loz

Quote:
Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???
He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!![/quote]

You are trying to tell me you believe politicians don't lie!!
What planet do you live on?
Old 14-07-2008, 21:50   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!!
What planet do you live on?[/quote]

If he lied about that they'd come straight out and say he was, nobody has accused him of doing that!

God I can't believe I'm having to argue these things just because people want to find any possible way to make my argument invalid.

Quite clear that the majority of people on Accringtonweb couldn't care less about locking up innocents. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you or your families.

Last edited by andrewb; 14-07-2008 at 21:53.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 21:51   #84
God Member

Quote:
Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???
He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!![/quote]I am saying that the police are unlikely to disclose whether they have kept people who have been released under surveillance!!!
Old 14-07-2008, 21:52   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Quite clear that the majority of people on Accringtonweb couldn't care about locking up innocents. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you or your families.
good now sod off.
Old 14-07-2008, 21:52   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I presume you count the USA as a civilized country?
maybe we should hold terrorist suspects on an Island and hold them for 5years+ without charge!!!
Why would you presume that Sunshine?
I think you are trying to cause upset where there is none 'My Son'?
You may fool people some of the time but it takes a small amount of time to suss out where you are coming from.
Contribute to forums to the best of your ability, and if your ability is limited to the crap you have posted recently I think you should sleep on it.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 21:56   #87
Loz

Quote:
What planet do you live on?
If he lied about that they'd come straight out and say he was, nobody has accused him of doing that!

God I can't believe I'm having to argue these things just because people want to find any possible way to make my argument invalid.

Quite clear that the majority of people on Accringtonweb couldn't care less about locking up innocents. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you or your families.[/quote]

We care about protecting our country and loved ones from terroism.
Why do you presume lots of innocent people will be detained anyway?
Surely there is some evidence needed before an arrest?
Old 14-07-2008, 22:00   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Why would you presume that Sunshine?
I think you are trying to cause upset where there is none 'My Son'?
You may fool people some of the time but it takes a small amount of time to suss out where you are coming from.
Contribute to forums to the best of your ability, and if your ability is limited to the crap you have posted recently I think you should sleep on it.
Trying to cause upset were there is none? mugchops! there's plenty of that on this subject
you couldn't "suss" out a game of cluedo you plump!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 22:02   #89
Loz

Andrew why pm me?
Fair enough you are making your point but why not post on here like everything else has been.
Old 14-07-2008, 22:03   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Trying to cause upset were there is none? mugchops! there's plenty of that on this subject
you couldn't "suss" out a game of cluedo you plump!
Very clear and concise response from a muppet

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..