Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2006, 19:49   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Do You Talk In Your Sleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel

My 2 used to have conversations with one another when they were very small & shared a room even argued lol
That's funny accymel .. hope they got over their differences then in their sleep.

I have never heard anything so phenomenal as my grandaughter when she talks in her sleep. Seems to include a character called Bob and his friend. Will go on for approx. 20 mins and extremely clear. She only speaks in her own thoughts and dialogue in the dream, but I can follow it to the letter. She adopts a caring, motherly attitude to this character,a little like the Joyce Grenfell's soliliquys (testing ya' memories there !) and in a stronger Lancashire accent than she talks when awake. Scared me at first, as thought she may be possessed during her sleeping hours Looks after him and chastises him for doing silly things, then seems to come home after each escapade and usually misses the bus (not unusual in her life) and on the next one has a go at the driver for being late.

Always look forward to the next episode, think I may write it down and earn a fortune with a book written around these adventures.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2006, 19:55   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
That's funny accymel .. hope they got over their differences then in their sleep.

I have never heard anything so phenomenal as my grandaughter when she talks in her sleep. Seems to include a character called Bob and his friend. Will go on for approx. 20 mins and extremely clear. She only speaks in her own thoughts and dialogue in the dream, but I can follow it to the letter. She adopts a caring, motherly attitude to this character,a little like the Joyce Grenfell's soliliquys (testing ya' memories there !) and in a stronger Lancashire accent than she talks when awake. Scared me at first, as thought she may be possessed during her sleeping hours Looks after him and chastises him for doing silly things, then seems to come home after each escapade and usually misses the bus (not unusual in her life) and on the next one has a go at the driver for being late.

Always look forward to the next episode, think I may write it down and earn a fortune with a book written around these adventures.
sounds like she has an exciting life .... when she's asleep!!! I want some

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 19:59   #18
Beacon of light

Seems like there are a lot of snorers in this world.....my hubby thinks it is a hanging offence....but then he can't hear himself!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 20:01   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
sounds like she has an exciting life .... when she's asleep!!! I want some
Hey, me too kid .. maybe that's why I listen .. all 'In me (or her) dreams' .. sighs.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 20:02   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Hey, me too kid .. maybe that's why I listen .. all 'In me (or her) dreams' .. sighs.
Sigh.......

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 21:10   #21
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Seems like there are a lot of snorers in this world.....my hubby thinks it is a hanging offence....but then he can't hear himself!

I went on holiday with my eldest daughter 3 weeks ago. As we were sharing a room, for the first time since she was about 10, I warned her that I snore.

Well, guess who woke who up every night with their snoring? Let's just say she slept peacefully, but noisily, every night.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:17   #22

I don't think I talk in my sleep but have been told I snore when I have the slightest of colds.
My little'un talks in his sleep and has woken me many times. Sometimes it comes in useful as this was how I found out he was being bullied at school! He had the same dream, fighting the same 2 boys, for 3 nights running. When I sat him down and talked to him about what I'd heard him saying he opened up and told me the full story. I was then able to get it stopped & he was a lot happier.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:18   #23
God Member

Well Debbie thats one good thing to come of talking while sleeping. Did you manage to sort it out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 17:35   #24
Resting in peace

I'm a classic insomniac - believe it or not, Less. I have no trouble going to sleep (as some of you may know!) but I wake up about 3 or 4 and am awake for an hour or two. David has a lovely habit of "running" across the bed when he dreams, his legs pump away madly, and he swings his arms about. Apparently his father did the same. It can be quite alarming! He says I snore, but he's never awake to notice so how would he know?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 20:01   #25
God Member

I do that too Pendy. Wake up at about four o'clock and then can't get back to sleep. Usually manage to fall asleep again about half hour before I have to get up then struggle to get up.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 20:10   #26
Beacon of light

Gayle and Pendy....I do that too...I solve all the worlds problems, write letters, do shopping lists, household chores between the hours of 3 and 5.
I also have a David who runs in his sleep, fights slitty eyed men in the jungle and I wake up with hands around my throat......so far he hasn't squeezed too hard.....but one day it may just happen.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 20:12   #27
God Member

Chris goes to sleep within seconds of getting in bed. He rarely moves throughout the night and is a right pain in the backside to wake up. Zack is just like him - put Zack in bed, say 'shut eyes, go sleep' and he's out like a light. Something I really envy as it often takes me a while to get to sleep too!

Old 12-04-2006, 20:23   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Chris goes to sleep within seconds of getting in bed. He rarely moves throughout the night and is a right pain in the backside to wake up. Zack is just like him - put Zack in bed, say 'shut eyes, go sleep' and he's out like a light. Something I really envy as it often takes me a while to get to sleep too!
A few glasses of the room temp red stuff.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 20:28   #29
God Member

And then the snoring would increase!

Old 12-04-2006, 20:29   #30
God Member

Thats ok if you snore a tune.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..