Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2005, 16:24   #1
Junior Member+

Does Anybody Care About The Community Wardens?

The Community Wardens are finishing in March 06, already the team has gone from 12 wardens down to just 5, and still have to cover 4 NRF areas with all the same amount of paperwork AREA COUNCIL MEETINGS and patrols.The Wardens are doing an excellent jobbut for ll their good work that they are doing i never see any articles in the newspapers i recognition.
Recently the wardens worked very well in rhyddings park Funday for Halloween.WHERE WAS THAT STORY?????
It is now up to the public to save the wardens time is running out!!!!!
SpecialPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2005, 16:36   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Does Anybody Care About The Community Wardens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialPowers
The Community Wardens are finishing in March 06, already the team has gone from 12 wardens down to just 5, and still have to cover 4 NRF areas with all the same amount of paperwork AREA COUNCIL MEETINGS and patrols.The Wardens are doing an excellent jobbut for ll their good work that they are doing i never see any articles in the newspapers i recognition.
Recently the wardens worked very well in rhyddings park Funday for Halloween.WHERE WAS THAT STORY?????
It is now up to the public to save the wardens time is running out!!!!!
Can I ask do you have a personal reason for this thread?
The wardens have been discussed on here on a number of occasions, most of what was said I remember was with a positive attitude, if you are now coming on here hoping for a campaign don't you think you have left it just a little too late? 6 months ago we might have made a small difference but now? Get out a spade and help to dig the grave, artificial desperation won't save this corpse!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 16:46   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I must admit that the Fun Day was my first experience of the Community Wardens. Until that day I thought they were a waste of time and of no use to the Community.
How wrong was I?
I was extremely pleased to meet most of them at the Fun Day and am extremely grateful for the work they did before, after and during the event. The Friends of Rhyddings Park have only been in existence for a few weeks and without the Wardens we would have struggled to find enough volunteers for the Halloween Fun Day. So with my Chairman hat on I would like to say a big thank you to the Community Wardens for making our Fun Day happen.

I think the problem is that not enough people actually know what the Wardens do for Hyndburn. After taking to several I now have a better understanding of what they are about. It will be a shame to loose such a dedicated group of people and I think Hyndburn will be a worse place without them.
Old 23-11-2005, 16:48   #4
Junior Member+

no it is not a personal thread.I support the Wardens whole heartedly, i was just wondering why it has gone quiet on the warden front!!There is no need for you to be funny about it it is never to late to have hope!!!!
Old 23-11-2005, 16:57   #5

Quote:
no it is not a personal thread.I support the Wardens whole heartedly, i was just wondering why it has gone quiet on the warden front!!There is no need for you to be funny about it it is never to late to have hope!!!!
I wasn't being funny, just wondered if you were a warden hoping for some support, obviously you are just someone that gets over-serious when asking and given an answer that doesn't suit you.

As for hope I wonder how many as the ground comes hurtling towards them have said, "I hope my parachute opens".

P.S. please don't think that you have offended me in any way, there are far more on here that are better qualified and capable of doing that than you!

P.P.S. If however I have managed to upset you I am truely sorry because you are obviously too easy a target!

Old 23-11-2005, 17:07   #6
Junior Member+

Dont you worry less, you have not offended me
Old 23-11-2005, 17:10   #7

Quote:
Dont you worry less, you have not offended me
Please don't growl while you're saying that!
Old 23-11-2005, 17:23   #8
God Member

Will somebody put me out of my pain and suffering and tell me what exactly these wardens are and what they do. Only asking because I hate thread searching.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 17:30   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

There used to be an ex-warden on this forum. I think he lives/lived in Burnley but can't remember his name.
Old 23-11-2005, 17:35   #10
God Member

It would be a priority of the Labour party, if they were in control of the Council, to find funding for Community Wardens. They do an invaluable job.

It would also be their aim to extend the scheme to the whole of Hyndburn and not just little pockets of it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 17:46   #11
God Member

Who are they? What are they? I am in limbo and desperate to know they score.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 17:58   #12
Give, give, give member

I feel a bit like Queen Victoria did about lesbians, I've never seen one so I don't know what they do.

I have of course read of their demise in the papers, but am unsure what they do. Are they just responsible for certain areas, if so where are those areas?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 18:04   #13
God Member

They were basically like old fashioned beat bobbies - in that they were highly visible and got to know members of the community very well. They don't quite have the same powers as the police but they did have some and they were the sort of bridge between the community and the police. They did a good job and crime did reduce in those areas that had them. They brought a sense of security to the areas. They were in the main deprived areas.

We've never had them in Ossy.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 18:09   #14
Junior Member+

the neighbourhood wardens work in the 4 NRF areas which are church woodnook/barnfield springhill/ferngore and central
Old 23-11-2005, 18:16   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
It would be a priority of the Labour party, if they were in control of the Council, to find funding for Community Wardens. They do an invaluable job.

It would also be their aim to extend the scheme to the whole of Hyndburn and not just little pockets of it.
Sounds good Gayle. Can we expect a sharp rise in Council Tax when the Labour Party get in at the next election to pay for it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..