Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 14:49   #151
Senior Member+

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I hope he doesn't knock at my door.
I will have two words for him...the second one will be 'off'.
I wonder what the first one is?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2017, 14:56   #152
Beacon of light

It will be a mildish expletive beginning with P, Frank
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 15:02   #153

I'm told Corbyn is crazy and an idiot all the time, but when ever I ask what's wrong with his ideas, they can never say what it is. They are in reality only copying what the Tory press says and are acting like puppets. Many of the working class vote against their own interests all the time. Brexit is the biggest con since the charge of the Light Brigade. The only thing is sure about it, is the Very Rich will get even richer and the majority will get poorer.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 17:02   #154
Beacon of light

I don't need the press of any colour to tell me what I can see with my own eyes, or what I can work out for myself.
If you think that Jeremy Corbyn is the man to lead the country, then you know that you have the possibility of making that happen by gifting him your vote.

He won't be getting mine as I feel that the Labour Party have lost the plot.
Just take a look at their manifesto.
You can promise anything you want when you know you will never have to come up with the goods because you won't get elected.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 12-05-2017, 17:16   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
I'm told Corbyn is crazy and an idiot all the time, but when ever I ask what's wrong with his ideas, they can never say what it is. They are in reality only copying what the Tory press says and are acting like puppets. Many of the working class vote against their own interests all the time. Brexit is the biggest con since the charge of the Light Brigade. The only thing is sure about it, is the Very Rich will get even richer and the majority will get poorer.
his manifesto is a complete farce and just wild and outrageous lies designed to trick people in to giving him their vote

re nationalizing power companies and trains - yeah right that ship sailed decades ago that genie is well and truly out the bottle.The cost of buying it back would cripple the country but its a popular thought so he stuck it in his list of promises he would not deliver

extra bank holiday - Well if you want someone in power who will decimate this country for the sake of an extra day off work then fine but the lesser evil would be to ring in sick if you really need a day off

would refuse to launch nukes if we were attacked with nukes by another country - Yup a gutless coward flying the white flag before the first shot of war is fired

Corbyn is an idiot and it would take an idiot to buy any of his crap.He is a desperate person on his last legs of power and knows he has to deliver the goods or he will be removed as leader.If it takes a list of outrageous claims and promises to keep his position then so be it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 17:56   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well many life time Labour Voters, me included voted to leave that corrupt organisation, were we supported by Labour when the democratic result was announced? were we hell as like, just remind us, when was the last time the E.U. Accounts were signed off? as for brexit being the biggest con, sorry its people like you who have been conned the biggest. which dont surprise me at all, i assume you are the suger who frequented the Union St, club back in the day?in fact i will be amazed if it aint so. Teresa May is the ONLY party leader that accepted the democratic will of the people FACT, and i'll tell yeh summat for nowt i voted Leave cos i have Grandchildren and it will be a damn site better for them when they grow up.
Less, KiTChener, Busman747 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by cashman; 12-05-2017 at 17:59.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 18:19   #157
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
his manifesto is a complete farce and just wild and outrageous lies designed to trick people in to giving him their vote

re nationalizing power companies and trains - yeah right that ship sailed decades ago that genie is well and truly out the bottle.The cost of buying it back would cripple the country but its a popular thought so he stuck it in his list of promises he would not deliver

extra bank holiday - Well if you want someone in power who will decimate this country for the sake of an extra day off work then fine but the lesser evil would be to ring in sick if you really need a day off

would refuse to launch nukes if we were attacked with nukes by another country - Yup a gutless coward flying the white flag before the first shot of war is fired

Corbyn is an idiot and it would take an idiot to buy any of his crap.He is a desperate person on his last legs of power and knows he has to deliver the goods or he will be removed as leader.If it takes a list of outrageous claims and promises to keep his position then so be it
Jeremy Corbyn can promise anything he likes because he knows that he has a 'snowflakes chance in hell' of getting elected...so he doesn't have to think about how he will deliver the promises.

If by some mad chance Labour do get into power(hanging onto some other party's coat tails) then the country would truly go down the gurgler and the unions would be sunk because who needs a union when there are no jobs because those with money (being taxed to death) have taken their assets, their skills and left the country.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 12-05-2017, 18:37   #158
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Congratulations, your first post and you show yourself to be what?

A clone of our dear M.P. he also claims we don't know whats good for us, no, actually he goes further, he thinks we, the electorate shouldn't have been allowed a vote in a referendum for or against the E.U. because 95% of us are too ill educated to understand.

Now, before you reply could you possibly follow site rules and put a little in the introduce thread about yourself?

It may not make you more believable, but at least it would show you to be polite!
KiTChener likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 18:42   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

I don't know if Corbyn is an idiot, he may well be one, however if he is a right thinking man he seems to be surrounded by idiots, that in itself doesn't bode well for his thinking!
Old 12-05-2017, 19:01   #160
God Member

Quote:
I'm told Corbyn is crazy and an idiot all the time, but when ever I ask what's wrong with his ideas, they can never say what it is
Wow, it took 33 months since joining Accyweb to post that? Can't wait for the next instalment.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 19:15   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Wow, it took 33 months since joining Accyweb to post that? Can't wait for the next instalment.
Well hadn't noticed that, i'll put money on it is the Suger from Union St club.
Old 12-05-2017, 19:16   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Congratulations, your first post and you show yourself to be what?

A clone of our dear M.P. he also claims we don't know whats good for us, no, actually he goes further, he thinks we, the electorate shouldn't have been allowed a vote in a referendum for or against the E.U. because 95% of us are too ill educated to understand.

Now, before you reply could you possibly follow site rules and put a little in the introduce thread about yourself?

It may not make you more believable, but at least it would show you to be polite!
Do you know?

We have always been educated up to (or is that 'down to') a certain level.

That level has traditionally been one that can be controlled by the powers that be.

Now, those powers are threatened because, thanks to computers and the internet we can find out if we are bothered, what really is happening out there.

They expect us all to just use this facility to play games and talk trivia on fauxbook.

That, they (the powers) are happy with,

quite a large number of ordinary folk actually use it to find, truth, that frightens them (the powers) and to put others off from searching for themselves they try to put people down, make them feel inadequate and unable to think for themselves.

Instead, our politicians should be encouraging us all to find the truth, if that truth gives us politicians that lie less often to the electorate, then we could within perhaps a generation (too late for me) have governments that really do represent the people and can actually improve life for all.
Old 12-05-2017, 19:25   #163
Beacon of light

Quote:
I'm told Corbyn is crazy and an idiot all the time, but when ever I ask what's wrong with his ideas, they can never say what it is.
it is obvious that you are talking to the wrong people....travelling in the wrong circles...very much like the current Labour party.
cashman likes this.
Old 14-05-2017, 10:03   #164

These are facts not opinions: The Brexit campaign was largely funded by a few billionaires. Many Accrington folk believe these billionaires did it for them! The billionaires also own most of the UK Media – the finest brainwashing machine in the world. Their front men were Gove & Boris, who would fit perfectly in a Carry On Movie. Is it any wonder we got the result we did. I recommend a film with Michael Redgrave – Fame is the Spur, for it reveals how what I suggest happens.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2017, 10:34   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
These are facts not opinions: The Brexit campaign was largely funded by a few billionaires. Many Accrington folk believe these billionaires did it for them! The billionaires also own most of the UK Media – the finest brainwashing machine in the world. Their front men were Gove & Boris, who would fit perfectly in a Carry On Movie. Is it any wonder we got the result we did. I recommend a film with Michael Redgrave – Fame is the Spur, for it reveals how what I suggest happens.
Another FACT is you aint answered the question, When was the last time the E.U. accounts were signed off?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..