Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2012, 11:26   #1
Senior Member+

Exclamation Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

We are heading for the George Orwell - 1984 society ...

"Details about text messages, phone calls, emails and every website visited by members of the public will be kept on record in a bid to combat terrorism.
The Government will order broadband providers, landline and mobile phone companies to save the information for up to a year under a new security scheme.
What is said in the texts, emails or phone calls will not be kept but information on the senders, recipients and their geographical whereabouts will be saved.
Direct messages to users of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter will also be saved and so will information exchanged between players in online video games.
The information will be stored by individual companies rather than the government.
The news has sparked huge concerns about the risk of hacking and fears that the sensitive information could be used to send spam emails and texts."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103314/Government-spy-programme-monitor-phone-text-email.html#ixzz1mvMitXPD

Funny how before the 2010 election the Tories and the Lib Dems were selling us the spin they were going to cancel these measures which were being put in by New Labour! Now the turn coat hypocrites are doing exactly the same thing!

Last edited by kestrelx; 20-02-2012 at 11:28.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2012, 11:29   #2
God Member

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

mandelson was trying to push something similar through when labour were in power.I think it was called the Media Bill which seemed to be on teh face of it to combat piracey and terrorism but when looked at closer gave government the power to read your private emails etc

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 11:34   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
mandelson was trying to push something similar through when labour were in power.I think it was called the Media Bill which seemed to be on teh face of it to combat piracey and terrorism but when looked at closer gave government the power to read your private emails etc
Yes and the Tories were saying they wouldn't do it before the election now they are doing the same thing! Even though MP David Davies claims to be against it!
Old 20-02-2012, 11:44   #4
Senior Member+

Why am I not surprised ?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 11:44   #5
God Member

well its quite often you will find an MP say they do or think one thing only to do the exact opposite

look at our local MP for example

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 12:05   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well its quite often you will find an MP say they do or think one thing only to do the exact opposite

look at our local MP for example
This is my local MP!

Old 20-02-2012, 14:43   #7

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have replied to those Swedish emails.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:03   #8

if yer aint doing owt wrong, you've nowt to be bothered about, we're kept tabs on already with Echelon -you mention certain words in phone calls, internet etc & it apparantly triggers the alarm bells.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:15   #9
JFT96

and it has took you to now to realise this?
we are all caught on CCTV when ever we go out, our cars have ANPR cameras looking at them, if you use your credit/debit card you are traceable as are all your bank transactions. Cellphones note your whereabouts and even Tesco are at it with their clubcard.
If you really believe that your emails/phone calls/texts have not been intercepted and monitored by now, you must be very naive.
However if you think of the sheer number of telephone calls, texts and the vast number of emails made per day then you would realise that storing them all, let alone filtering though and reading/listening to them would be a near impossible task. Still it gives the Daily Mail something to write about.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:33   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
we are all caught on CCTV when ever we go out, our cars have ANPR cameras looking at them, if you use your credit/debit card you are traceable as are all your bank transactions. Cellphones note your whereabouts and even Tesco are at it with their clubcard.
If you really believe that your emails/phone calls/texts have not been intercepted and monitored by now, you must be very naive.
However if you think of the sheer number of telephone calls, texts and the vast number of emails made per day then you would realise that storing them all, let alone filtering though and reading/listening to them would be a near impossible task. Still it gives the Daily Mail something to write about.
Couldn't have put it better myself, BG.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 17:40   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Spot on BG, if I'd have put a link on from the Mail I'd have got some real pain, seems its okay for anybody else to do so, as we've seen over the last few years intercepting texts and emails is easy, when you have people who can hack into the pentagon from a back bedroom, nothings impossible, mind you if your doing nout wrong you've nout to bother about, people who usually shout have something to hide
Old 20-02-2012, 17:52   #12

Two words - Menwith Hill.

It's been going on since the telephone was invented and probably when they had the telegraph as well.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:11   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
We are heading for the George Orwell - 1984 society ...

Oh ye of little brain, let's sort out a few facts:-

We can't be heading for 1984, this, is 2012, (even using your mind bending tools we can't go back in time).

1984 AND George Orwell are fictional,

When the guy put his idea to his publisher's, he called it 1948, they didn't like it being so close to their future, therefore a name change. (guess what to?).

His name well, if you can't google it why should I tell you?

Try reading some of his other books, he was actually a man that lived what he wrote about, so much so, he contracted and died from T.B., (a disease of the real world, not your brain rotting synthetics).

Now, please, don't ever use any of his material in any of your trash posts ever again!

Last edited by Neil; 20-02-2012 at 22:43. Reason: fix quote
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:06   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh ye of little brain, let's sort out a few facts:-

We can't be heading for 1984, this, is 2012, (even using your mind bending tools we can't go back in time).

1984 AND George Orwell are fictional,

When the guy put his idea to his publisher's, he called it 1948, they didn't like it being so close to their future, therefore a name change. (guess what to?).

His name well, if you can't google it why should I tell you?

Try reading some of his other books, he was actually a man that lived what he wrote about, so much so, he contracted and died from T.B., (a disease of the real world, not your brain rotting synthetics).

Now, please, don't ever use any of his material in any of your trash posts ever again!

Yeah have little brain pal! I can't even be bothered talking to you about it! You have little brain! I used the reference to Orwell as a rough comparison! FACT IS THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE ALLOWING SOME "SECURITY OFFICER" TO KEEP YOUR E--MAILS AND ELECTRONIC MEDIA! Not that yours is worth looking at!
30 years ago if I told you the Post Office were opening your letters and photo copying the contents people would be outraged! Now people seem to take this issue for granted - all in the name of stopping those nasty little bogey men! sneaky little terrorists!

A bit of Newspeak for you - just a bit of Friendly fire! Don't worry...

Last edited by kestrelx; 20-02-2012 at 19:08.
Old 20-02-2012, 19:07   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeah have little brain pal! I can't even be bothered talking to you about it! You have little brain! I used the reference to Orwell as a rough comparison! FACT IS THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE ALLOWING SOME "SECURITY OFFICER" TO KEEP YOUR E--MAILS AND ELECTRONIC MEDIA! Not that yours is worth looking at!
30 years ago if I told you the Post Office were opening your letters and photo copying the contents people would be outraged! Now people seem to take this issue for granted - all in the name of stopping those nasty little bogey men!
Well if it puts a stop to you it will be a result

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..