Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2009, 11:32   #121
God Member

Re: Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
is this list of bad lanlords available to teh public so they can check it before buying a house near them because if it isnt it should be.
I would be very surprised if the list is available to the public, the other year when my daughter was having trouble getting a boiler repaired by a private landlord we couldn't even get any info on who he was. So cannot for the life of me see this information being made public
Old 18-08-2009, 12:51   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I would be very surprised if the list is available to the public, the other year when my daughter was having trouble getting a boiler repaired by a private landlord we couldn't even get any info on who he was. So cannot for the life of me see this information being made public
yeah your probably right , you cant even know if a pedophile moves in next door yet alone find out who and where the dodgy landlords are

thankfully they cant stop word of mouth and some people get to know about both instances stated above

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 13:38   #123
God Member

I only read the first page of the thread so I'm only really giving an opinion on the initial post.

What do you expect anyone to do about the issue? People have to live somewhere, whether you like them or not. You can't expect the local MPs to be able to do much about it, private landlord issues isn't their job.

If the neighbours are being anti-social, ring the police. I'm not entirely sure what else you think you SHOULD be able to do about people like that. It's a difficult situation to live with but I personally like the phrase 'put up or shut up' with a lot of issues like these... and of course 'pack up' and leave yourself would be an option if you thought it really was as bad as you are saying. Someone else said this to me once on accyweb and I thought it wasn't as easy as they made out, but actually, it's not that difficult to do anything if you want it enough and you're willing to put the effort in.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 13:51   #124
God Member

people have to live somewhere but a landlord can decide who they rent to and evict trouble makers , i personaly couldnt give a toss if these bad tennants who make other peopls lives a misery have to live in cardboard boxes under a canal bridge with tehir kids because it may teach them to learn how to behave, also landlords bought these properties so shoudl keep them looking decent and if tehy have tennants that constantly damage the property then again the landlord can evict them and by doing so save themselves money and keep the neighbourhood decent

laws need to also be changed to help landords get rid of scum easier as well where anti social and nusiance tennants are concerned

teh law currently protects teh tennat too much from eviction and a distinct line woudl have to be drwan so that landlords couldnt evict for minor reasons too easily but where anti social behaviour was proven make it very very easy to kick these sorts of tennants onto teh street

also if evicted from a private house for antisocial behaviour it shoudl instantly make them NOT qualify for social housing regardless of how many kids they have

maybe when teh scum realises if they dont behave they will have no where to run they may actually start to learn hopw to behave and if they dont then they will have to face teh consiquencces of tehir OWN actions

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 18-08-2009, 14:03   #125
Senior Member+

The legislation is there to deal with bad landlords in Hyndburn, what's lacking is the political will to do anything meaningful about the problem.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 14:11   #126
God Member

I think it might be lot less straight forward than it seems though. These neighbours have to be somebody's neighbours. Nobody wants them to be theirs.. I don't think this is solely a landlord problem (obviously state of the property is).
Old 18-08-2009, 14:13   #127
God Member

Maybe we should gas people who do things just to reap a lot of money. I hear something similar happened in Germany once that was quite successful...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 14:35   #128
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Maybe we should gas people who do things just to reap a lot of money. I hear something similar happened in Germany once that was quite successful...
Don't tempt me...........

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 14:38   #129
God Member

Quote:
nah ..

well not until british gas drop their prices anyway but good thinking

university is working i see

Old 18-08-2009, 14:55   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I only read the first page of the thread so I'm only really giving an opinion on the initial post.

What do you expect anyone to do about the issue? People have to live somewhere, whether you like them or not. You can't expect the local MPs to be able to do much about it, private landlord issues isn't their job.

If the neighbours are being anti-social, ring the police. I'm not entirely sure what else you think you SHOULD be able to do about people like that. It's a difficult situation to live with but I personally like the phrase 'put up or shut up' with a lot of issues like these... and of course 'pack up' and leave yourself would be an option if you thought it really was as bad as you are saying. Someone else said this to me once on accyweb and I thought it wasn't as easy as they made out, but actually, it's not that difficult to do anything if you want it enough and you're willing to put the effort in.
please explain why a family who has lived in n area fer years happily, should have to "Pack Up" n leave, cos some scumbags have moved in n spoilt the tranquility? unless you support the scumbags?
Old 18-08-2009, 15:34   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whats needed put simply is fer all parties to work towards fair play fer good tenents/householders, the SCUM who disrupt regularly good folks lives should be treated as SCUM. ya don't need a university education to know that, just a sense of fair play n a bit of common sense. its about bloody time the "LAW" came down on the side of decent people.
Old 18-08-2009, 16:09   #132
God Member

I watched a programme the other night about bad tenants like every other offenders their rights are put way before decent peoples. About time the laws in this country protected the victims rather than the perpetrators!!!!
Old 18-08-2009, 16:29   #133
God Member

Quote:

If nuisance neighbours move in it can lower your property value. Not right that you should have to move and lose out on the value just because uncivilised people move in. It's relatively easy for people renting to move out but in either case why on earth should they!
Old 18-08-2009, 17:21   #134
God Member

the biggest problem is that scum have rights and they know it , unfortunatly people advocate on these summy sods behalf and enable them to flaunt rules designed to protect normal decent people

its one of teh downsides of a caring society, it cares to much for teh people who dont deserve caring for

Old 18-08-2009, 17:39   #135
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
If nuisance neighbours move in it can lower your property value. Not right that you should have to move and lose out on the value just because uncivilised people move in. It's relatively easy for people renting to move out but in either case why on earth should they!
Sorry Andrew I don't know if it's the tory in you but it's not about money just the right to be able to live your life in a safe manner, to be able to bring your kids up correctly so they will contribute to society when they are older. I could go on but you get the picture, tonight I will be going to Accy Stanley with my son but with the slime that has recently moved in you never know if you will get a call to go home. It shouldn't be like that.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..