Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 18:52   #1
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Landlords

I used to live on a decent street until slimeball private landlords started buying up houses and moving in scumbag chav families and all the sh*t that comes with them. Now my nextdoor neighbour has had enough and is moving out, god knows what my family will have to put up with now. This should not be allowed to happen and I can see myself getting pretty stressed in the coming months as I will take no sh*t, probably end up in a cell to calm down.
So cheers to the council because I blame you for letting it get this far due to poor rules relating to private landlords. Also cheers to Graham Jones who seemed to be interested when he lived here but now he's gone so has whatever strings he could pull, dealing drugs and supplying alcohol to underage idiots is frequently observered at the local off licence and with all the chavs here now he is doing good business, rant over.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2009, 18:56   #2
God Member

Re: Landlords

what area do you live in Bagpuss?
Old 10-08-2009, 18:57   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
what area do you live in bagpuss?
"accrington" P.M.S.L.
Old 10-08-2009, 18:58   #4
God Member

i kinda figured that bit out cashy
Old 10-08-2009, 18:59   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i kinda figured that bit out cashy
i know shaz but our area aint so great as are many others.
Old 10-08-2009, 19:00   #6
Accy Red

Peel ward, ex nice area under the coppice, Graham Jones and Bernard Dawsons ward.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 10-08-2009, 19:46   #7
God Member

same happened on orange street nice quaint street early 1990s ,slum landlord wins auction on the end house and has left it empty for nine years now why doesnt the council not do anything backhanders? or what housing benefit fraud?????school [moorhead puts up nine foot fence and chops down the tree at the end of the street making the end of the street look like a prison..a few people die on the street the slum landlords move in end up havin 8 polish neighbours in one house drug dealers across the road out of control one of the reasons i moved to scotland its out of control in accrington all to do with the powers to be being cowards...accy has died a death im sorry to say and slum landlords are to blame one livin up past fern gore mainly to blame....
Old 10-08-2009, 20:26   #8
Senior Member+

Drop Graham or Bernard an email, see them both around here regularly, and I know for a fact that they both do care about our area!
Old 10-08-2009, 20:32   #9
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Drop Graham or Bernard an email, see them both around here regularly, and I know for a fact that they both do care about our area!
Bernards already been in touch, haven't seen Graham for a month or so. Have chatted to the police, waste of time, not happy...........

Old 10-08-2009, 20:55   #10
God Member

yep the local politicians councillors in accy are useless theyve got there own agenda and dont give a i complained about the empty house at the end of orange street umpteen times and all i got its in the wrong area they cant do nothing..
Old 10-08-2009, 21:00   #11
God Member

I feel really sorry that this is happening, Bagpuss.

It makes me very sad to see. It's not fair on people like you, you shouldn't have to put up with it.

I don't know what can be done but hopefully you will get a response from someone who can advise.
Old 10-08-2009, 21:07   #12
God Member

there is nothing you can do bagpuss ,i learned from experience and just got the hell out of iti think thats what you should do while you can..
Old 10-08-2009, 21:07   #13
God Member

This is happening all to often in decent areas and it is out of order. My mate lived in the Woodnook area, she had a lovely house. Due to houses let by private landlords to any Tom, Dick or Harry she sold up. The price she got was scandalous to say the money she had spent on it but at least where she is now there is no danger of her getting attacked or abused. She was like you Bagpuss and had a few run ins with neighbours before she moved but why should decent folk have to put up with this crap??
Old 10-08-2009, 21:12   #14
God Member

because all the pc do gooders let the scum get away with it there should be laws to stop this but even if there were laws there would be nobody to implement them.its total anarchy in accrington now im glad i got out when i did i feel sorry for everybody left behind and one of the reasons theres more scum is the place in lydia street and maundy grange which has been mistreated and just attracted the scum of our society...
Old 10-08-2009, 21:22   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Lydia st, was walking on yon yesterday n a young gentleman in a black T-Shirt n baseball cap says have ya a fag Mr? (was smoking at time) i says have you a fiver mate, so i can get a packet as theres only 1 left in mine., young gentleman shuts gob n scurried away.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..