Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2012, 01:49   #706

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Good! and not funny either. You do a very dodgy job and make yourself very vulnerable by your actions and by your attitude whether you think so at the moment or not.
Dodgy?That's an ambiguous word, please what do you mean?

I think they were asked to turn up because somebody had said illegal doings were going on . I spoke to them and they said it seemed a false warning but they had to investigate.

I've been doing this job for almost eleven years, so this moment has been successful for quite some while, as has my attitude.

As for the not funny, well I stand by Oscar Wilde in believing that life is far too important to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Easier turning up there than trying to sort out the idiot drivers/taxi drivers/parkwhere they want don't give a damn drivers that seem to plague the area but get away with it all the time. ( steps slowly off soapbox ).
Lol they weren't there long. They probably came in for a perv

Quote:
And as well as my last lecture and not very nice attitude (but I do stand by my values) I genuinely hope that you are ok and take care.
What about your attitude do you regard as 'Not Nice' please?

Standing by your values is commendable, I always do.

I'm fine thank you

Quote:
And also sorry if I sound patronising to Sugarmouse, I don't mean to but my unpopular values are there for a reason.
You don't sound patronising. Nobody can patronise me without my consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
Lap dancing club is at corner of Dutton Street and Blackburn Road. Turn left into Blackburn Road. Next street on left is St. James' Street. Next one is Birch Street. Then Eagle Street - access to train station. Don't think trains will run late.
Thank you-I am feeling more familiar now I like Accrington now, it was a bit of a strange place to me before
Old 22-09-2012, 01:52   #707
Senior Member+

strange to me still, and i spent a lot of my life here
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 05:38   #708
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I like Accrington now, it was a bit of a strange place to me before
Its a local town, for local people
Old 22-09-2012, 08:49   #709

Quote:
Dodgy?That's an ambiguous word, please what do you mean?

I think they were asked to turn up because somebody had said illegal doings were going on . I spoke to them and they said it seemed a false warning but they had to investigate.

I've been doing this job for almost eleven years, so this moment has been successful for quite some while, as has my attitude.

As for the not funny, well I stand by Oscar Wilde in believing that life is far too important to be taken seriously.

Lol they weren't there long. They probably came in for a perv

What about your attitude do you regard as 'Not Nice' please?

Standing by your values is commendable, I always do.

I'm fine thank you

You don't sound patronising. Nobody can patronise me without my consent.

Thank you-I am feeling more familiar now I like Accrington now, it was a bit of a strange place to me before
No matter how people might dress it up, you work in the sex industry as a sex worker which has a lot of risk attached to it and no matter whether you like it will portray you as a certain type of woman who is fair game to a lot of men you know nothing about and who will be likely to have a low opinion about you. Your audience won't consist entirely of stag night groups and nice lads out for a bit of fun, as I'm sure you know. It therefore makes you vulnerable. The sex industry has a lot of criminality associated to it at all levels. I think that although I agree with Oscar Wilde, you can enjoy life without risking your safety which you should take seriously. From a personal perspective I work with some dangerous people in a profession where personal safety is taken very seriously, I would never go glibly into a situation without having thought through potential risks and having strategies in place to keep me safe - I would never presume that I can handle things and nothing will happen to me - such an attitude displays a level of arrogance which could end up with a very bad situation. Your comment about the police suggests a fly attitude and whether you are joking or not I am certain that they were not looking for a "perv".
My previous comment about my posts coming across as "not nice" and sounding patronising - I meant that as an adult you are entitled to make your own decisions and do what you want and I have no right to either preach to you, lecture you or judge you. I suppose our values are just completely opposing - I couldn't do your job if my life depended on it, I would feel humiliated and debased - you are obviously comfortable with it and so I wish you well.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 09:11   #710
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
thought bald eagle .......
Hey I've still got my hair ya cheeky soandso
Old 22-09-2012, 09:14   #711
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No matter how people might dress it up, you work in the sex industry as a sex worker which has a lot of risk attached to it and no matter whether you like it will portray you as a certain type of woman who is fair game to a lot of men you know nothing about and who will be likely to have a low opinion about you. Your audience won't consist entirely of stag night groups and nice lads out for a bit of fun, as I'm sure you know. It therefore makes you vulnerable. The sex industry has a lot of criminality associated to it at all levels. I think that although I agree with Oscar Wilde, you can enjoy life without risking your safety which you should take seriously. From a personal perspective I work with some dangerous people in a profession where personal safety is taken very seriously, I would never go glibly into a situation without having thought through potential risks and having strategies in place to keep me safe - I would never presume that I can handle things and nothing will happen to me - such an attitude displays a level of arrogance which could end up with a very bad situation. Your comment about the police suggests a fly attitude and whether you are joking or not I am certain that they were not looking for a "perv".
My previous comment about my posts coming across as "not nice" and sounding patronising - I meant that as an adult you are entitled to make your own decisions and do what you want and I have no right to either preach to you, lecture you or judge you. I suppose our values are just completely opposing - I couldn't do your job if my life depended on it, I would feel humiliated and debased - you are obviously comfortable with it and so I wish you well.
Sorry anne they weren't nice and were patronising whichever way you wrap um up
Old 22-09-2012, 09:20   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I know - that's why I tried to explain myself.
Old 22-09-2012, 09:26   #713
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think the point was she was sharing her opinion, even though it would be ill received by some, which is her right, so good on you Anne nothing wrong with speaking your mind, everyone is allowed an opinion, too many people these days " hide" how they feel about something, for fear of rocking the boat, you keep rocking girl, we won't capsize.
For what I have read of sugarmouse post, I don't think she will take offence or take it personally, and I am sure she has heard similar arguments to her trade throughout he 11 years.

Me personally, I would work there, but then again, I am vain me me me
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 09:45   #714
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know - that's why I tried to explain myself.
Anne when your in a hole stop digging
Old 22-09-2012, 09:55   #715

Quote:
Anne when your in a hole stop digging
Ok! I've said more than enough now!
Old 22-09-2012, 09:59   #716

Quote:
I certainly do not assume nothing will happen to me. Have I come across as if I do?
I never try to dress it up , if anything I dress it down lol. I know I work in Adult Entertainment.
I am actually very careful. For example I am walked to my (well maintained) car at the end of the night, always let people know where I am, have the emergency number on speed dial in my mobile which is always kept charged (I actually have two).
My comment about the police, I was not about to panic because the police had turned up, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing hence why I put 'lol',in response to this thread which was began to discuss the club and whether it was a good or bad thing for Accrington-I did find it amusing that they came in. However there's not one club I have worked in where the police have not turned up once every few months for some reason or another.

I never feel humiliated-this job has been my saviour in many ways. I did quit for a few years whilst at University & that is one of my biggest regrets.

I did an office job as well-my mental health is still suffering from that. I was bullied and heavily mistreated and at the moment am in the middle of appealing my dismissal. (Not that I want the job back, I would not return to the place for any amount of money).
It's fine. I am a vegan stripper-I am used to living in a world where 99% of folk disagree with my every move lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
Think the point was she was sharing her opinion, even though it would be ill received by some, which is her right, so good on you Anne nothing wrong with speaking your mind, everyone is allowed an opinion, too many people these days " hide" how they feel about something, for fear of rocking the boat, you keep rocking girl, we won't capsize.
For what I have read of sugarmouse post, I don't think she will take offence or take it personally, and I am sure she has heard similar arguments to her trade throughout he 11 years.

Me personally, I would work there, but then again, I am vain me me me
Lol no I don't take offence, I am pretty difficult to offend and it's an everyday thing for me. I suppose my happiness with myself and the job makes me come across as lighthearted/carefreeas if I do not take my safety seriously, and I actually do.

Last night I had a customer thrown out, I didn't ask for it, they just were because of their way of speaking to me. (A female customer).

Anyway, I came to post on this thread for not any reason other than to say I do not think I will book into iCandy for some time. I assume I am still allowed to post on AccingtonWeb.

One reason only, I tried working in Accrington to see what it was like and now I have I've realised that other places I work are more profitable for me when I work out my overheads (i/e when I do other clubs I make more money)!
I hope icandy does well though, it's a nice place and it's managed by some lovely people,I had a lot of fun last night and the last time I worked there. I will go back at some point if only for that reason!
Old 22-09-2012, 10:36   #717
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I certainly do not assume nothing will happen to me. Have I come across as if I do?
I never try to dress it up , if anything I dress it down lol. I know I work in Adult Entertainment.
I am actually very careful. For example I am walked to my (well maintained) car at the end of the night, always let people know where I am, have the emergency number on speed dial in my mobile which is always kept charged (I actually have two).
My comment about the police, I was not about to panic because the police had turned up, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing hence why I put 'lol',in response to this thread which was began to discuss the club and whether it was a good or bad thing for Accrington-I did find it amusing that they came in. However there's not one club I have worked in where the police have not turned up once every few months for some reason or another.

I never feel humiliated-this job has been my saviour in many ways. I did quit for a few years whilst at University & that is one of my biggest regrets.

I did an office job as well-my mental health is still suffering from that. I was bullied and heavily mistreated and at the moment am in the middle of appealing my dismissal. (Not that I want the job back, I would not return to the place for any amount of money).
It's fine. I am a vegan stripper-I am used to living in a world where 99% of folk disagree with my every move lol

Lol no I don't take offence, I am pretty difficult to offend and it's an everyday thing for me. I suppose my happiness with myself and the job makes me come across as lighthearted/carefree as if I do not take my safety seriously, and I actually do.

Last night I had a customer thrown out, I didn't ask for it, they just were because of their way of speaking to me. (A female customer).

Anyway, I came to post on this thread for not any reason other than to say I do not think I will book into iCandy for some time. I assume I am still allowed to post on AccingtonWeb.

One reason only, I tried working in Accrington to see what it was like and now I have I've realised that other places I work are more profitable for me when I work out my overheads (i/e when I do other clubs I make more money)!
I hope icandy does well though, it's a nice place and it's managed by some lovely people,I had a lot of fun last night and the last time I worked there. I will go back at some point if only for that reason!
So its hostal vista baby then
Old 22-09-2012, 13:36   #718
Senior Member+

Quote:
I assume I am still allowed to post on AccingtonWeb.
Of course. Users from all over the place on here!
Old 22-09-2012, 13:52   #719
God Member

indeed there are Rob

i'm from ...Rishton, Ossy, Accy, Rossendale, Clayton and Blackburn
Old 22-09-2012, 13:58   #720
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
indeed there are Rob

i'm from ...Rishton, Ossy, Accy, Rossendale, Clayton and Blackburn
Hopefully not simultaneously

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..