Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2005, 14:00   #106
Beacon of light

Re: London Alert

There is something not quite 'kosher' about the shooting of this Brazilian guy........I cite all of the above.......he spoke and understood english very well according to his friends......Ok he had overstayed his visa, but you wouldn't evade the police for that would you.....?
His address was in one of the rucksack bombs that were recovered last week......he had been seen entering premises that were under surveillance by SO19 officers.......does this stink of fish to you......?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2005, 14:03   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

he appeared to have terrorist connections from the early reports tea !
Old 25-07-2005, 14:06   #108
Beacon of light

This Brazilian guy was killed by terrorists as surely as if he'd been on the Bus on 7/7......his family should be trying to get the money from them......not the Met.

Stay safe Tealeaf........whatever is going on there!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 14:08   #109
Give, give, give member

Lol Pendy.

Inappropriate dress? Hee hee. He should have worn a long frock and the family jewels instead of a padded jacket on a hot day!

PS. To the 'mate' that l'll see on Sunday, who deducted karma from this post 4 mins ago, Miss Marple ain't go nothing on me!!

Last edited by garinda; 25-07-2005 at 14:18.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58   #110
Give, give, give member

Before I start I'd just like to say l fully understand how hard a job the police are doing, though apparently from the weapons they were carrying, which aren't issued to the police, it looks like that some of them were solidiers, wearing plain clothes but police baseball caps.

According to yesterday's Sunday Times-

Fact- According to the police he was shot because of his 'clothing and behaviour'.

Fact- He was wearing a denim jacket, not a padded 'bomber' jacket as first reported. The temperature was 17 degrees, hardly unsuitable.

Fact- He didn't vault the ticket barrier, he used his travel pass to open the gate.

Fact- A train was shown on the monitor as approaching the platform, lots of people were hurrying towards the platform.

Fact- According to witness Lee Rushton, 32, who says he heard every word the officers said. He says they never said the word 'police'.
'I heard a voice shouting get on the floor, just get on the floor, l then heard the sound of gunshots.'

Question- If this man was a suspected suicide bomber, why was he followed from his flat in Tulse Hill, allowed to get on a bus and travel the two miles to Stockwell tube station before being shot? Surely he could have been challenged earlier, thus putting the public at less risk?

Question- Besides living in the same block of flats that had been linked to the terrorists, what was the evidence that he was carrying a suicide bomb? The police still haven't said.

Old 01-08-2005, 14:44   #111
Member.

I’m not going to judge or justify the actions of the officers involved. We weren’t there. Many witnesses at the scene may have seen the events taking place, but it’s likely that the events leading up to and the shooting itself happened in seconds; even the most nosey of people will act instinctively when someone with a gun shouts get down, they’ll go down like well, need I say more. The whole event will have grey areas on all sides, no matter whose says they saw what? At the end of the day an Independent Inquiry is underway and we should wait for that inquiry to reach its conclusion and the coroner reach his verdict……..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 18:04   #112
Give, give, give member

True we should wait until the official enquiry to get the full facts, this didn't stop lots of people speculating on here last weekend as to the reason he'd been shot.

Enquiry aside, l still think as previously stated, the police should release the details as to why this man was shot in the head, so as to reasure an already nervous popualce, especially in the light of the new stop and search policy towards Asians on the London transport system.

According to eye witnesses he did drop to the floor of the carriage and was then shot.

Old 01-08-2005, 18:15   #113
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
True we should wait until the official enquiry to get the full facts, this didn't stop lots of people speculating on here last weekend as to the reason he'd been shot.

Enquiry aside, l still think as previously stated, the police should release the details as to why this man was shot in the head, so as to reasure an already nervous popualce, especially in the light of the new stop and search policy towards Asians on the London transport system.

According to eye witnesses he did drop to the floor of the carriage and was then shot.
a multiple head shot is used to instantly disable the suspect. they could trigger a remote device and still kill and maime as the police were arresting them or whatever. you cant make a omlette without cracking a few eggs.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 18:27   #114
Give, give, give member

Yes I totally understand why suspects are shot in the head when suspected of being a suicide bomber as I have previously posted in this thread.

That still doesn't answer the question as to why he was followed from his flat, and on a bus for the two miles to the busy tube station, where he was in more contact with the public and underground.

Old 01-08-2005, 18:30   #115
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by removal-man
you cant make a omlette without cracking a few eggs.
That comment is just plain offensive.

I hope neither you or I are wrongly shot in the head whilst fighting these terrorists.

Probably his family don't find his death funny either.

Old 19-08-2005, 12:36   #116
Give, give, give member

I know A-b has since posted about how his initial reaction to this story has changed, but this thread makes very interesting reading with the gift of hindsight.

Old 19-08-2005, 12:43   #117
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I know A-b has since posted about how his initial reaction to this story has changed, but this thread makes very interesting reading with the gift of hindsight.
quite correct its certainly brought a wry smile to my face.
Old 24-08-2005, 10:48   #118
Give, give, give member

Latest reports suggest that the dead man stopped to pick up the free paper, Metro, before using his travel pass in the gate at the tube station.

Also read that the person who was supposed to be watching the suspected block of flats was 'relieving' himself when the dead man left home, so a positive id was impossible.

Old 26-05-2009, 23:14   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

worth bringing back this thread, seems the special branch policeman who admitted altering his notes n also deleting text from his computer before the inquest on the poor sod, has been cleared of deception, well excuse me if that aint what is? thats what happens whilst the police investigate themselves, this matter is far more serious IMHO, than the MPs expenses debacle, yet i bet the media dont come down on this big time.
Old 26-05-2009, 23:37   #120
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
worth bringing back this thread, seems the special branch policeman who admitted altering his notes n also deleting text from his computer before the inquest on the poor sod, has been cleared of deception, well excuse me if that aint what is? thats what happens whilst the police investigate themselves, this matter is far more serious IMHO, than the MPs expenses debacle, yet i bet the media dont come down on this big time.
I quite agree.

What happened, and some of the public reaction that followed, is quite appalling.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..