Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Romney's machines do the count - so it's a done deal
No point having n election then.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:35   #122
God Member

Always enjoyed reading Asimov's "Franchise" ... this could be the way to go.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:03   #123
I am Banned

Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43   #124
Senior Member+

Awww and we didnt get to know what her political views are
Old 03-11-2012, 12:45   #125
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Awww and we didnt get to know what her political views are
She also released a statement in which she said she could sense the BS. the election is just a big drama show to make US citizens believe there's a democracy, it doesn't matter who wins, the same deep rooted problems will still remain. The banks call the shots, they fund the elections, they own the oil companies and they profit from war. The last thing they want is an educated public who can think for themselves. World peace, equality, democracy, sustainability and freedom just aren't profitable enough for these criminals.

think that covers her view
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 13:00   #126
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So 4 year old Abi Evans, is savvy to the tricks of bolicticians eh ? Seems a tad staged to me.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45   #127
God Member

I like this scenario:

Dowd: President Romney, Vice President Biden | The Salt Lake Tribune
Old 07-11-2012, 03:24   #128
Senior Member+

So America has decided, and Barack Obama gets a second term.

They have without doubt made the right choice, and the world can breathe a sigh of relief.

Romney was too much of a loose cannon.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26   #129
God Member

I have no political preferences, so care not who wins, and I don't vote.
(all of them are blackmailed to operate the same agenda)

For those of you who do vote, I want you to be aware that electronic voting systems are more open to corrupt practice than paper ballots are, so if they are proposed for use in UK, it would be wise to resist their introduction.

Claims increase of machines switching votes in Ohio, other battlegrounds | Fox News

Proven voting fraud! Gov't programmer testifies voting machines are rigging elections - YouTube!
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
(all of them are blackmailed to operate the same agenda)
!
well lets just hypothesize that you are wrong.... Would you want someone like Romney in charge? The possibility is pretty scary. After all these people secretly crave the death of the world(fiery death of revelations) People of religion should be barred from politics.

Last edited by Restless; 07-11-2012 at 10:03.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:04   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
well lets just hypothesize that you are wrong.... Would you want someone like Romney in charge? The possibility is pretty scary. After all these people secretly crave the death of the world(fiery death of revelations) People of religion should be barred from politics.
how about just ban religion full stop, and those that wish to practice, do so ,just keep it to themselves, personal between you and your diety

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:07   #132
Beacon of light

That is how religion should be - private...between you and your God.
Although I can stand/tolerate small tokens of religious allegiance.......anything else is an affront....especially when those wearing it are so intolerant of anyone else.(I mean the wearing of religion)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:28   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
That is how religion should be - private...between you and your God.
Although I can stand/tolerate small tokens of religious allegiance.......anything else is an affront....especially when those wearing it are so intolerant of anyone else.(I mean the wearing of religion)
I so agree with you Margaret. As a rule people who follow a particular religion think that everyone else who doesn't have their same beliefs is somehow in the wrong. It can lead to terrible bigotry.

I recently went to a Gt-nieces baptism here in Italy - it was an occasion for celebrating the arrival of a new baby into the family. One of my husband's brothers (an Evangelist convert) didn't come as he said he doesn't believe in Baptising babies. The whole family were together last for my mother-in-laws funeral 6 years ago! I found his position to be idiotic - last week his son who is 18 was Baptised into their church, full-immersion style - his own free choice -after 18 years of indoctrination as far as I can tell! Don't see where the difference lies...just my opinion.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No way on this earth should religion n politics mix, its that simple.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:43   #135
God Member

Quote:
... and barred from the missile silos in North Dakota.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..