Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 09:24   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
slightley off topic this but,.....Iv always wondered why muslims dont/wont eat pork. anyone know why?
I know its religious but why?

Why don't Muslims eat pork?

There is a lot more out there about it just google.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2007, 09:24   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
slightley off topic this but,.....Iv always wondered why muslims dont/wont eat pork. anyone know why?
this is what islam-world says is the reason, i actually thought it was because the pig was sacred to them..
Im not convinced about the 'medical experts' qualifications though!!

'There is a saying in English that "a man becomes what he eats." According to physicians and medical experts, pork is a harmful diet. Consumption of swine-flesh creates lowliness in character and destroys moral and spiritual faculties in a man.' (Why Islam Forbids Pork? By Rashid Shamsi)

Last edited by emamum; 01-11-2007 at 09:29.
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:03   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
grannyclaretI will take my chances,,,,i managed to survive mad cows desease etc,,,,
Now then granny how did you manage that, I must try the recipe on bernie after she's had a few glasses of wine ouch
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11   #19
Resting in peace

Quote:
emamum23,slightley off topic this but,.....Iv always wondered why muslims dont/wont eat pork. anyone know why?

this is what islam-world says is the reason, i actually thought it was because the pig was sacred to them..
It is realy a case of common sense like the Jews Moslems consider certain foods unclean, as they do not keep in hot climates, and soon become rancid. Hindus worship certain animals and consider them Sacred. Such as the Cow.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:26   #20

Wink Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

Give up bacon buttys and steaks,I DONT THINK SO, Its taken me years
to build a body like a small round about theres more chance of me givin up holts beer, and as them that know me no thats never going to happen
moonshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:04   #21
God Member

How long have they been telling us EAT RED MEAT as part of a healthy diet!!

Now DON'T eat red meat, it will kill you!!

GET A GRIP is all I can say!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:07   #22
God Member

Think the message is not that you shouldn't eat it just that you do so in moderation.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:54   #23
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

If we were to listen to all the ‘experts’ we wouldn’t eat anything, except government issued nutritional biscuits. Maybe that is where we are heading?

So the ‘experts’ are advocating that we eat white meat. Does that include white veal? You know where the calf is held in a veal crate unable to move, fed nothing but a milk sop and sometimes bled regularly before it is killed.

http://www.britishmeat.com/veal.html

I use 2 pints of proper milk daily, non of this homogenised or skimmed rubbish. I eat bacon and red meat, but never touch the fat because I don’t like it. I make chips in beef dripping once in a while. I use real butter on my bread or boiled potatoes. I fry eggs as well as scramble or soft boil them. I use a bit of salt in my cooking but then there is no need for extra salt when eating. I like sweet tea so I use sugar and on my morning cereal.

In other words I pay no attention to the ‘experts’ and I’ve lasted 70 years and I’ve got most of my teeth too.

Muslims and Jews won’t eat pig products because the animal is seen as ‘unclean’ panther. A pig will eat just about anything. Hindus won’t eat beef because the animal is supposed to be ‘sacred’.
Old 01-11-2007, 13:12   #24
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
If we were to listen to all the ‘experts’ we wouldn’t eat anything, except government issued nutritional biscuits. Maybe that is where we are heading?

Heaven forbid!

Come the day, we'll be eating 'soylent green'.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 13:26   #25

I think that there is something in the Koran about the pig being a dirty animal and therefore they are not permitted to eat it.

A bit like Hindus can't eat beef because the cow is sacred to them.
Old 01-11-2007, 15:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
The older I get the more I hear my Nana's rule on life. So much muck to eat........... a little bit of what you fancy...........when your time is up!

I enjoy a ciggie, a brandy and a nice steak. Well, when I can afford them and I have no intention of stopping anything. We all enjoy different things and that is how it should be.

Make the most of it.......BACON BUTTIES FOREVER!!
I'll second that, Junetta.
Old 01-11-2007, 16:00   #27
Resting in Peace

I will eat drink and smoke what I like ( well if the government will allow it that is)

came on here to chill out.... guess what it did not work :-)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:08   #28
Senior Member+

If we listened to everything they said, we would end up starving to death. As they say a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Long live the bacon butty i say!

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:13   #29
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Oh, my God He's talking about-

Soylent Green!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 17:20   #30
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Heaven forbid!

Come the day, we'll be eating 'soylent green'.
And then we'd be contracting 'mad person' disase, that would be bad for you. We could have nervous breakdowns worrying about what these 'experts' on nothing keep firing at us. My advice for what it's worth,is, If you like it and you'r fit and well doing it eat it, if you like a fag smoke and be happy. The only difference is ten years in a gereatric ward.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..