Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 19:42   #16
God Member

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

heard a snippet on the radio and his main defence seems to be that a lot of things happened too quick to think

he seemed ok with his cheating springs making things too quick

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2014, 04:05   #17
Senior Member+

He claims that he thought she/it was a burglar in the bathroom. What made him think there was a burglar? There was no evidence of an intruder, just someone in the bathroom, he has the gun, wouldn't a normal person shout "stand and deliver" or something, rather than blow a hole through the door. Methinks he knew who was there. Guilty mi lud.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:25   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What really baffles me wi this n no-one yet seems to have asked him, If anyone is in bed n thinks they hear someone in the house, Then i think they would say to the partner, "Ring Police" whilst i check this out.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:20   #19
Senior Member+

Not that I give a flying, but for the record It was allegedly a private (well secured) home with a private (secure) bathroom.
Did he really think it was a burglar, hmmm I think not.

I assume Pistorius suffers from low self esteem due to his disability.
IMHO, I think he's a jealous,hysterical, paranoid, (wreckless)gun-fanatic, and a lying [deleted ] who suffered from little big man syndrome.
If he doesn't get jail for murder he should be locked away in a secure unit.

kestrelx likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:32   #20
God Member

i could understand the whole incident if it was the woman who shot the man because of the "he left the toilet seat up again " thing but who the hell would shoot a woman in the bathroom ? If it wasnt for womens habbits in the bathroom we wouldnt have a loo roll with sheets on the roll ,soap big enough to pick up in under 5 mins , a dry toilet seat and there would be a yellow stain around the toilet from all the bad early morning just got out of bed aiming with our meat swords thing...

this man is a monster its people like him that make bathrooms a frightening place for women to frequent.My other half hasnt used my bathroom in weeks when visiting and signs are begining to appear now that my bathroom is now only used by males. Its a damn shame too i had just got her past the having to put half a loo-roll down on the toilet seat before sitting on it and now were back to square one

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 16:50   #21
Senior Member+

Looks like pistorius has got himself a expensive lawyer, I hope he can foot the bill
Jim Procter likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 12-04-2014, 00:37   #22
Senior Member+

There's too many Oscar Pistorius jokes already. Trying to come up with a new one is like taking a shot in the dark.It was literally minutes after Oscar Pistorius’s arrest that folk began taking the Pistorius.It seems like only yesterday he had a spring in his step.
I hear he's pleading not guilty due to temporary diminished responsibility. He claims he was legless at the time.
Oscar obviously misunderstood his Mrs when she told him that on Valentine’s Day he should take her out.
On aside note I hear Hollywood are going to be doing his life story, it’s now going to be called Blade Gunner.
Anyway enough of the joking if he's found guilty he's going to have to take it on the shin

password--Accyweb
Old 12-04-2014, 09:06   #23
Full Member+

Going off the cross examination he was under this week it looks like he's gone and shot himself in the foot. The prosecutor tripped him up time and again.
Old 14-05-2014, 05:30   #24
Senior Member+

Prosecution calls for Pistorius to face month of mental tests

"anxiety disorder".....seems someone is looking for that get out of jail free card...

...looks like he's sold his house.

Oscar Pistorius sells house where shot and killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp - Africa - World - The Independent

I hope he remembers to buy some soap

password--Accyweb
Old 14-05-2014, 12:12   #25
Senior Member+

BTW,
Dont think he is guilty, the prosecution case has plenty of gaps in it.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 10:18   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

BTW,
Dont think he is guilty, the prosecution case has plenty of gaps in it.

I think he's guilty as guilty can be, (sadly) I think he may walk though

password--Accyweb
Old 15-05-2014, 12:04   #27

I don't watch the trial either.

I think it's a mistake for anyone outside of South Africa to pass judgement on the state of mind of any citizen in that country because the scars of what was more or less a civil war until the end of the 20th century when the "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" was set up to establish some form of wiping the slate clean. The white police terrorised the black communities and told lies about their actions plus there were organised sectors of the black community who terrorised and committed atrocities to both blacks and whites. The current leadership of South Africa has seen law and order and the wealth of its citizens slide downward these last five or so years - the only upward trend has been the crime figures. No wonder the sale of guns for protection has increased.

Pistorius obviously killed his fiance; the only question is, what sort of sentence should he receive? The introduction at the trial of his state of mind at the time could have repercussions in that he might be deemed not safe to be allowed outside of a barred room.

Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:30   #28
Beacon of light

If you are in bed with your girlfriend and you hear what you suppose to be an intruder...wouldn't you check to see if your girlfriend was in bed?
If she was in bed you would tell her to stay there, while you investigated......if she was not in bed, then wouldn't you ask yourself where she is most likely to be?
Isn't the most likely place going to be the bathroom, and specifically the toilet?
This was a gated compound.
While there may be gaps in the prosecution case, I do not believe Oscar Pistorius.
He has been in situations before with guns and their inappropriate use.

My brother works in south Africa on a regular basis. He does not like going there, but he stays inside a gated community with its own guards.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:43   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If you are in bed with your girlfriend and you hear what you suppose to be an intruder...wouldn't you check to see if your girlfriend was in bed?
If she was in bed you would tell her to stay there, while you investigated......if she was not in bed, then wouldn't you ask yourself where she is most likely to be?
Isn't the most likely place going to be the bathroom, and specifically the toilet?
This was a gated compound.
While there may be gaps in the prosecution case, I do not believe Oscar Pistorius.
He has been in situations before with guns and their inappropriate use.

My brother works in south Africa on a regular basis. He does not like going there, but he stays inside a gated community with its own guards.
I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know. However, when I was in my sixties I did have an intruder in the house in the early hours (about 3.30 am) and I evicted him on my own. I then went back to bed - the next morning I wondered why I hadn't called the police. I'm minded of our local post office owner who disturbed the "Black Panther" - he too challenged the intruder - he didn't check on his daughters to see if they were still safe in bed did he?
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 13:31   #30
Beacon of light

That is a bit different.....if you are in bed with someone you instinctively feel their movements....you know when they turn over.....you know when they get up out of bed.....and when they come back to bed.
If someone is sleeping in a different room, then it would be possible for an event like this to take place......but that wasn't how the situation was in this case.

I know I wasn't there.....but something about this case doesn't sound right.
Oscar Pistorius knows what happened.....and he has to live with it for the rest of his life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..