Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 09:59   #91
God Member

Re: Portrayal of women: (split)

If any put themselves forward Tealeaf. There are no exclusions and this was the point that I was trying to make.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2006, 10:01   #92
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Are you going to have any disabled models, Gayle?
They need a man too, if you'd like to volunteer.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:49   #93
God Member

I too have seen this from both sides. You all know me as the cuddly 15 stone bloke I am at the minute. Yet 12 years ago when I met Julie I was just over 10 stone. Looking at pictures taken at the time I now think I looked ill(BTW, this wasn't a diet weight, it was the result of a very active job and a high metabolism, in fact I did nowt but eat all day long in the restaurant!) I also couldn't put weight on no matter what I tried. I was very close to seeing a quack to find out if there was something they could do to help. Then I changed career, I went from running around a two storey pub restaurant for 12 hours a day to sat on my thick end for 8. My weight crept up steadily and tbh it was so gradual I didn't notice it that much. Now I'm trying to lose some weight. I want to be about 13 1/2 stone. This isn't even 'normal' if you count it on BMI charts but I know that with my build that it will be as Mel says, "in proportion".

Weight is very subjective. People have this idea of what they should weigh. personally I am not that vain that I have to conform to some 'ideal look'. I wear what I feel comfortable in, I drive what I like and I WILL weigh whatever feels right for me even if it is technically overweight.

Slinks, your not 'skinny' you are slender. nowt wrong with that. If you would like to add a few pounds, thats up to you, if you don't then its equally fine as you are.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:02   #94
I am Banned

Well said Entwisi People forget about their own bone structure, im a medium & i used to attempt to shove it in a size 10 body no wonder i was portruding bones i am not nor should be a size 10 or even a 12 is a bit ropey for me ribbys show whearas 14 is perfect with meat covering me bones & im in within my BMI index. Boots used have a good weighing scales that actually u put in height, gender & build size [med, small large] & then calculated your weight for you & at what you should be - i think thats great cos it took into consideration of body frame which gives a more acurrate figure

Since being at the right frame for me i've not suffered illness as much & fought off that flu rather quickly than a few years back it used to put me on my arse for a month a time all because i wasn't insulating myself as much as i should therefore not protecting my body & making it over work to fight it off, my son has the same problem cos he is a lil under weight struggling to put it on but gets prone to colds more & virals, whereas my daughter no prob she's right frame & weight etc rarely ill - so i suppose thats how we know when we are right or not LOL.

Last edited by accymel; 03-11-2006 at 11:09.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 16:54   #95

Re: Real models required

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
There is an absolutely beautiful, stunning Lancashire girl in Channel 5's 'Make me a Super Model'.

She's a size ten, slim in anyones books, and at least two sizes larger than the other models. She's told she has no chance of 'winning' because she's too fat, and is being encouraged to loose weight and crash diet That is a sad reflection on the society we live in. A society were young, healthy, normal girls aged nine, that I know personally, feel pressured to diet rather than just get on and enjoy their childhood.

The show at Accy Town Hall, will hopefully show that women of all sizes can be happy, confident, and glamorous.

End of.
I agree. It's crazy. Life is too short. Enjoy it! Must dash.....time for my chocolate fix.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 16:59   #96
I am Banned

when it comes to women and weight i leared to keep my fat gob shut at a very early age infact its the only time i actualy dont have an opinion either way
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 18:21   #97
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
when it comes to women and weight i leared to keep my fat gob shut at a very early age infact its the only time i actualy dont have an opinion either way
You (big fat) liar, you said Rindy was a lard ar*e
Old 03-11-2006, 18:38   #98
I am Band

Exclamation Re: Portrayal of women: (split)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
...you said Rindy was a lard ar*e
Statement of the obvious I'd say. Mind you, I can say that about almost anyone, 'cos i'm built like a racing snake.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 22:41   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Statement of the obvious I'd say. Mind you, I can say that about almost anyone, 'cos i'm built like a racing snake.

Boo hoo.

Lardies has feelings too don't you know?

You are offensine and lardist in the extreme.

People like you don't know what it's like to be told you are looking good, but they wished they were lardy too.

I eat dripping six times a day, yet still can't become anymore lard like. It's a big serious problem, right up there with poverty, starvation, and war, and yet no one takes us seriously.

You normal, lardless people have no idea, no idea.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:29   #100
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
I would describe you as stick thin
Old 04-11-2006, 08:35   #101
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Most of us are lardy compared to Sparks and I wouldn't mind but he never stops eating.. Where is the justice in that????

I was painfully thin as a teenager and my mate's boyfriend used to call me Spindle because of my skinny legs. I hated it and never, never wore skirts, shorts or anything that would show my legs in case I invited comments about how skinny I was.

Luckily I did put some weight on when I got into my 20's and managed to fill out a bit. Now, in my late 30's, it seems that I am still filling out a bit.. My excuse is that I find it difficult to sit and watch Sparks eating a nice dessert in a restaurant and not have one too...

I know totally where Slinky is coming from because I used to find the comments about my weight and skinny legs hurtful..
Now I just find the comments about my lardy arse and wobbly bits hurtful..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:45   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I know totally where Slinky is coming from because I used to find the comments about my weight and skinny legs hurtful..
Now I just find the comments about my lardy arse and wobbly bits hurtful..
Thanks Lettie. Not once in this thread have I said I am un-happy about my size, people just think they heard me say it. What I was actually getting at is what you have just said Lettie. No matter what size you are, it does NOT give people the permission to make mindless nasty comments about your size.

Like you said Lettie, the comment about SPINDLE legs were at the time just as hurtful as being called FAT or CHUBBY and had such a impact that you didn't wear skirts because of it........ So that was my point, THINK before you speak, because your words might be meant in a LAUGHY kind of way, but doesn't excuse the hurt they cause.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09   #103
God Member

That goes for most things not just weight issues. People regardless of who they are, have a hang-up about a particular part of their body. If someone is fat, or thin or has a big nose (thanks Mez ) or wears glasses, I'm sure that person knows that themselves and may be self conscious about it, they hardly need it pointing out and drawing attention to it from someone else. Just a case of putting ones brain into gear before opening ones gob me does think.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Just a case of putting ones brain into gear before opening ones gob me does think.
I have a feeling I will be reminding you of that quote soon.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:13   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
So why is it that if someone sees the larger woman nothing dared be said but with the slim (thin)woman its usually something like omg you ve lost weight or, you need to put a few pounds on or, if you lose any more weight youll fall down that crack.
what im tryin to say is that why do we think its ok to comment on the size of the slimmer woman and not the larger one . this is my opinion anyway
I think that if anyone does this if just plain bad-mannered and would probably comment the same about someone they consider overweight ... a lot of the time it can be the overweight person who is conscious of her weight and a sort of bitchiness to compensate them.

I have a friend who insults me regularly by calling me the 'stick insect' and thinks ought to put more weight on ..... Excuse Me !! no way can I be described as this !!!

As always being slim herself in the past, and now 'grown' a little in size, is feeling a lack of self-confidence .. although she is still extemely attractive, just wants me to join her club so to speak.

I ignore it of course and, yes, still are good friends believe it or not..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..