Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2006, 12:25   #1
Resting in Peace

Burnley Web

I do like to look in there now and then, and, of course, within the last couple of hours.

I get the impression that nobody wishes to post any opposite points of view for fear of reprisal.

No .. as we all agree, not to be personal, rude or non-constructive .. just that they are overly cautious sometimes .. blimey, even IanT.W behaves himself.

Anybody else observed this ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2006, 12:40   #2
I am Banned

Re: Burnley Web

I think they are a little scared of us after mobbing their forum we're a hard bunch hehehehehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 12:42   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I do like to look in there now and then, and, of course, within the last couple of hours.

I get the impression that nobody wishes to post any opposite points of view for fear of reprisal.

No .. as we all agree, not to be personal, rude or non-constructive .. just that they are overly cautious sometimes .. blimey, even IanT.W behaves himself.

Ive got plenty of things to say that people would not like on here but i wont lol
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 13:04   #4
God Member

I have a friend who is a member of Burnley web and he told me that some Accy webbers joined Burnley web over the weekend.. I won't "name and shame" these downright traitors.. you know who you are!.. I myself managed to resist the temptation.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 13:13   #5
Member.

I’m grateful to Neal and Burnley Web for offering us the opportunity to keep in touch up the road there, I have been a member of the Burnley Board for a couple of years and its nice to be able to pop along now and again to see how thing are going.

This weekend Burnley Web was a lifeline to some of the wafts and strafes of the chat room following, personally I don’t understand what their on agate most of the time, and I certainly can’t keep up with them.

Again, cheers Neal.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 13:13   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I have a friend who is a member of Burnley web and he told me that some Accy webbers joined Burnley web over the weekend.. I won't "name and shame" these downright traitors.. you know who you are!.. I myself managed to resist the temptation.
Well, was good of Neal to let us in and think we should all visit their site now and then .. only down the road after all.

I quite like Burnley now .. good nightlife, love the cinema and the Arndale, albeit quite small is pleasant to walk around.

Hope some of them take up Mick's invitation to come to the next meet, no football talk though, eh Mancie ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 13:15   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I’m grateful to Neal and Burnley Web for offering us the opportunity to keep in touch up the road there, I have been a member of the Burnley Board for a couple of years and its nice to be able to pop along now and again to see how thing are going.

This weekend Burnley Web was a lifeline to some of the wafts and strafes of the chat room following, personally I don’t understand what their on agate most of the time, and I certainly can’t keep up with them.

Again, cheers Neal.....
Yeh here here! will keep visiting they need the encouragement hehehehehe definately been a lifeline over the cold weekend
Old 19-11-2006, 13:40   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
personally I don’t understand what their on agate most of the time

LOL! Don't worry about it Doug, neither do we half the time

Yeah thanks again to Neal and the burnleywebbers for their hospitality
Old 19-11-2006, 14:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

I just wish people would be more open, in a polite way. People are welcome on all my sites to have their say, as long as it's in a polite way. Maybe in time as the site get's better know.....

Thanks for everyone's comments, glad to have helped and glad to see Accy Web back online so soon.

You lot made my site look busy, thanks!
Old 19-11-2006, 15:08   #10

Didn't realise we had cousins in Burnley. Have just registered so i could have a good nosey round, and from what i see so far it's not bad at all.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 16:10   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:

Neal very kindly set up a special forum for us AccyWebbers on his Burnley site and I don't think naming and shaming comes into it at all because Roy and Neal are friends and Neal,the admin of BurnleyWeb is a member here on AccyWeb. If only more people could realise that it's possible to enjoy more than one message board without it coming down to rivalry.

I post a lot elsewhere but AccyWeb s always my first port of call.

As Burnley so kindly gave shelter to the homeless AccyWeb waifs I may end up going back for a visit more often now. I've been a member there a while but hardly ever posted.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 16:14   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I just wish people would be more open, in a polite way. People are welcome on all my sites to have their say, as long as it's in a polite way. Maybe in time as the site get's better know.....

Thanks for everyone's comments, glad to have helped and glad to see Accy Web back online so soon.

You lot made my site look busy, thanks!

No problem Neal was happy to make the place home & busy it up for you
Old 19-11-2006, 16:26   #13
God Member

Quote:
I was joking.. I joined!!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 16:31   #14
Beacon of light

I haven't visited the Burnley site....but I may just visit now to see what it is like.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 16:39   #15
God Member

We invaded the chatroom on Friday night and we stayed!!

Thanks Neal for making us welcome and letting us loose on burnleyweb. We didnt upset too many of your regulars did we?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..