Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2016, 15:14   #481
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

salient = Important, outstanding, major, dominant, crucial, vital,key, central, pivotal,chief.
so there you are...don't say Accyweb is not a site of learning.
shillelagh likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2016, 15:29   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
salient = Important, outstanding, major, dominant, crucial, vital,key, central, pivotal,chief.
so there you are...don't say Accyweb is not a site of learning.
I can't remember the name of the English teacher at Woodnook but you obviously took more notice of him/her than I did but then Milton Suthers the maths and sports master was always my doyen, so I was more into sports and because of this he seemed to go out of his way to help me with maths.
(DOYEN), thats got to be worth nine out of ten.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 15:47   #483
Beacon of light

After I left School I went to Blackburn tech and did my English O level(I got an A).....my job involved lots of writing of reports and such like.
I can't remember who taught English( I think it was a variety of teachers).Milton Suthers was my nemesis...he scared the living daylights out of me,he turned me into a shivering wreck...which might explain why I was rubbish at Maths.
As for the word doyen(a doyenne is female)...you get ten out of ten for that one because not only have you got the spelling right for a man.....you have used it well(oh, yes and it is of French origin).
Old 21-05-2016, 17:27   #484
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Please stop using big words like "Salient", I have had to dig out the dictionary in order to look it up; I only went to Woodnook, as you know. Your's Taddy
Don't worry too much about long words in English Taddy, if we vote stay in at the referendum then no doubt there will be an EU edict shortly afterwards banning it's use anywhere within Europe.
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 17:43   #485
God Member

Quote:
Jean Claude Junker, President of The European Commission has waded in and said the the EU will make life 'hell' for the UK if it decides to leave.
They're making life hell now, so what's to lose?
Vote Leave.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 18:15   #486
Beacon of light

Even if we stay we will be punished for having the cojones(though they are pretty small cojones) to challenge the status quo...for wanting a better deal.
So yes you are right either way we are in the brown stuuf that goes under the name of Fisons.
Get us Out.
Old 21-05-2016, 22:04   #487
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Have you seen the list of actors who are all advising us that it would be so much better for us to remain.......
Ah, in the common parlance " The Wankerati", those who know better, but live in a separate world than the rest of us oiks. Well, if these people deem it right & proper, then I'm definitely going in the opposite direction.
Old 22-05-2016, 10:51   #488
Beacon of light

Today's part of the Project Fear campaign is to tell us that if we leave the EU prices of goods and services will rocket costing each individual household £220 per annum.
How has this figure been arrived at? Would this £220 per annum not be offset by us not having to fork out £350 million per WEEK and contribute it to the EU?

And those French merde's are saying that they may arrange some sort of trading deal which will penalise the UK.
Why would we want to be in an organisation which uses petty playground tactics?
For goodness sake vote OUT.
Old 22-05-2016, 10:54   #489
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ah, in the common parlance " The Wankerati", those who know better, but live in a separate world than the rest of us oiks. Well, if these people deem it right & proper, then I'm definitely going in the opposite direction.
Oh yes...And poor Tom Conti is objecting to the term 'luvvies'.
It hurts his poor delicate ego. He thinks the term is as derogative as that N word for black people.
Doesn't your heart bleed purple pee for these poor unfortunate folk?
Old 22-05-2016, 11:04   #490

Quote:
How has this figure been arrived at? Would this £220 per annum not be offset by us not having to fork out £350 million per WEEK and contribute it to the EU?
I'm afraid not Margaret, that will disappear into M.P.'s expenses after all, if they end up actually in charge of the Country they will expect extra payment for the responsibility.
Old 22-05-2016, 11:13   #491
Beacon of light

But Less, they have been paid well for years and they have just sat on their nicks doing burger all. We should be getting a rebate from them!
I will be glad when it all done and dusted.....though I fear that I will sink into a slough of despond once the results are known.
Old 22-05-2016, 11:44   #492

Quote:
But Less, they have been paid well for years and they have just sat on their nicks doing burger all. We should be getting a rebate from them!
I will be glad when it all done and dusted.....though I fear that I will sink into a slough of despond once the results are known.
No need for depression, if the vote is stay, a public holiday will be announced and all alcoholic beverages will have duty removed for that 24hrs so we can celebrate the coming prosperity.

If the vote is out you will be too busy getting to grips with the new rules and regulations concerning rationing as the EU sends it's gunboats to blockade our larger ports and our airports are closed because we won't be allowed to enter their airspace!

maxthecollie likes this.
Old 22-05-2016, 12:22   #493
Beacon of light

that all looks very promising.
Old 22-05-2016, 21:09   #494
God Member

It's worse than we thought. That's an Egyptian Navy gunboat. No doubt they'll be the next to join the EU after Turkey.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 22:01   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It's worse than we thought. That's an Egyptian Navy gunboat. No doubt they'll be the next to join the EU after Turkey.
The EU are hiring in their gunboats there are a large number of ports to blockade, (it's rumoured that Cameron put in the cheapest bid but has been rejected because he wouldn't be able to get the Royal Navy into position in time, Oh and they are suspicious about his travel expenses distance to travel seemed too large).

Last edited by Less; 22-05-2016 at 22:04.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..