Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 17:43   #346
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I see this was kept quiet by the "Remainian" MSM lackeys...

Politicians go head-to-head over Brexit - and Leave campaign wins audience vote | UK | News | Daily Express
Old 01-05-2016, 19:28   #347
Beacon of light

Just last week David Cameron linked up with a former union leader to go and talk about the EU in Brussels........that Union knob was Sir Brendan Barber. David Cameron wants to get the unions on the side of Remain.....this will mean he has a much better chance of being able to sit on his arsenal....do nothing, and when all the brown stuff hits the fan he can then blame it all on the EU.

I don't know if it is coincidence ...but the proposed union laws to restrict political funds has been watered down too......is this a sweetener to get the unions on the side of those who want us to stay in the EU?

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 01-05-2016 at 19:34.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 14:39   #348

I think you may find we cannot leave the E.U. on a referendum vote,as Ireland and Finland found out a few years back.So our votes will be worthless,wait and see.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 15:08   #349
Beacon of light

I have been saying that since the start of this thread.(I will be very surprised if we actually leave.....I think if we vote to leave we will be sent away to think again and come back with the 'right' answer)
This is just a paper exercise....a sop by the political parties who already know th result.

However, the swell of feeling is growing in other EU member countries too. So who knows if it will start some sort of uprising.

The EU cannot prosper if it does not reform the way it works.
maxthecollie and hilleluk like this.
Old 02-05-2016, 15:16   #350
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

very hard to reform corruption imho
Old 02-05-2016, 16:38   #351
Beacon of light

Yes, that is right...you cannot reform a corrupt organisation. One which has its own ends at the top of the agenda.
That is why we should get out....and if we are sent back to vote again and again, that would be a sign that there is NO democracy in the EU.....and that are wishes are of little interest to those who are at the top of this bloated organisation.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 02-05-2016, 17:55   #352
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, that is right...you cannot reform a corrupt organisation. One which has its own ends at the top of the agenda.
That is why we should get out....and if we are sent back to vote again and again, that would be a sign that there is NO democracy in the EU.....and that are wishes are of little interest to those who are at the top of this bloated organisation.
Oh, yes, you can, it can be reformed by an out vote, we leave I suspect the other honest members will follow, we aren't the only ones being ripped off others would prefer a level playing field, one where we all work to one profitable aim for all members not just the members that are better at hiding their corruption and taking advantage of such foolish honesty as we always display.

If it's so important that we should remain it is also important that we remain in an honest EU not this one.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Less; 02-05-2016 at 18:01.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 18:24   #353
Beacon of light

Less, you hit the nail on the head there.
My point was, there is no possibility of reforming a corrupt organisation if that organisation does not WANT to reform...and it is plain from what has been said by those who make the rules, that reform is the last thing they want to do.(they do not want to level the playing field...they are quite happy with it being skewed in their favour)

I also agree that by leaving we are forcing the hand of current member states.
It may cause them to consider their position, and whether they want to keep on being dictated to.

I have not seen or heard any argument which has made me consider voting anything other than OUT.
Old 02-05-2016, 18:37   #354
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Just last week David Cameron linked up with a former union leader to go and talk about the EU in Brussels..... Cameron wants to get the unions on the side of Remain.....I don't know if it is coincidence ...but the proposed union laws to restrict political funds has been watered down too......is this a sweetener to get the unions on the side of those who want us to stay in the EU?
No coincidence at all. That's precisely what it's about. It may also explain the total about-face from Corbyn, who has ditched his and (old) Labour's opposition to the EU. But at least we all now know how much it costs to buy Corbyn a new principle.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 18:39   #355
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just read an interesting post on another site, saying has anyone noticed that since the big guns have been saying remain, that the whole media has virtually stopped reporting on the "Migrant" crisis? I wonder why that would be? it sure as hell aint gone away, and before it was never off the news. the question was, have they been told by government to drop it for the time being? or have the media en-mass got together and decided it, cos they wish to remain? it sure makes yeh wonder.
Old 02-05-2016, 19:39   #356
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
have they been told by government to drop it for the time being?
Think that's the Badger right there! After all the kick off in Köln at new years, the GCP & Press were warned off plus local authorities were also given the Gypsies warning & all coming down from the murky world of Merkel!

So if it can happen in Germany ......
Old 02-05-2016, 19:53   #357
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Forgot to add the article

Top German Journalist Admits Live On Air National News Agenda Set By Government - Breitbart

Seem to recall a previous "Führer" applied similar rules.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 02-05-2016 at 19:55.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 20:02   #358
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Think that's the Badger right there! After all the kick off in Köln at new years, the GCP & Press were warned off plus local authorities were also given the Gypsies warning & all coming down from the murky world of Merkel!

So if it can happen in Germany ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Forgot to add the article

Top German Journalist Admits Live On Air National News Agenda Set By Government - Breitbart

Seem to recall a previous "Führer" applied similar rules.
And suckers up and down actually believe these scumbags. The E.U. rules and they are too stupid to grasp the fact.
Old 04-05-2016, 18:12   #359
Senior Member+

Something else the Remain are trying to hide from the electorate - it has been stated that the Chilcott Report is completed, however when attempts were made to force publication without further delay the establishment backtracked and then said that it wouldn't be ready for publication until after the EU Referendum. It does make one wonder what damning information it contains.
There is also the German plan to create an EU Army - under their command of course, which would mean our military came under EU control (German & French), rather than being an integral (and major), part of NATO.
Let me out, the lunatics are definitely running the asylum.
Less and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 04-05-2016, 18:41   #360
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here we go, a Deutscher (obviously a nazi with comments like these) who'll have the raging lefties frothing!

Former Finance Minister: Migrants Are Drag On Economy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..