Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2016, 06:28   #376
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I do not need any kind of film to determine wher I put my x.
I just hope that people will not be swayed by the scaremongering that has been going on for what seems like forever.
Because if we stay in the EU those promises that David Cameron holds so close to his heart will not be worth a sheet of Bronco.
He will look like a patsy.....and we will have been sold down the river to be a satellite state of a European federation.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2016, 07:19   #377
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The main tactic of the remain lot is to SCARE people into staying, trouble is there is plenty enough thickos, that will swallow it, i fear.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:26   #378
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
trouble is there is plenty enough thickos, that will swallow it, i fear.
If you fear then perhaps their tactics are working?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:20   #379
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If you fear then perhaps their tactics are working?
Thats exactly what i think.
Less likes this.
Old 12-05-2016, 13:01   #380
Super Moderator

Quote:
The main tactic of the remain lot is to SCARE people into staying, trouble is there is plenty enough thickos, that will swallow it, i fear.
Presumably this includes the Labour In For Britain campaign launched by a gentleman called Jeremy Corbyn?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 12-05-2016, 13:03   #381
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Presumably this includes the Labour In For Britain campaign launched by a gentleman called Jeremy Corbyn?
It certainly does, even Browns been shouting remain, its all about self serve. in fact i reckon Labour are even worse than the torys on this issue, even those that want to shut the democratically elected leader are backing him on this.

Last edited by cashman; 12-05-2016 at 13:08.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 13:11   #382
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It certainly does, even Browns been shouting remain, its all about self serve.
It must be about self serve when a local M.P. stated that he would prefer to vote out but will be voting stay.
He hasn't yet explained why or to who's benefit it would be to vote against his 'better' judgement.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 13:24   #383
Beacon of light

Now Less.....don't you be holding your breath waiting on that one because I really don't think he knows what he means himself......other than perhaps, he was told to do it by the party.
The party seems to have much more sway than the constituents.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 12-05-2016, 13:28   #384
Beacon of light

It seems that the Remainers are being bank rolled by the likes of Goldman Sachs et al......you know, those guys who made such a bl**dy mess of our banking system....they seem to think it better for us to stay in.
They would wouldn't they.
The EU seems to serve the 1% elite best and they consider themselves to be in that group....so it is only natural that they would support those in the 'Remain' group.
Eurostar(French owned) is also supporting 'remain'.....so the French people are contributing to the campaign for us to stay in.....well, they would wouldn't they. If we leave, they will have to stump up more in the way of contributions.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-05-2016 at 13:31.
Old 12-05-2016, 13:35   #385
Super Moderator

The same can be said of Corbyn, who has been a lifelong Eurosceptic, who voted out in 1975, who voted against the Lisbon and Maastricht Treaties and who has miraculously been converted to the Remain cause! Politicians, eh? Doncha just love 'em?
Old 12-05-2016, 13:48   #386
Beacon of light

Nope...it stinks of jiggery pokery to me.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 13-05-2016, 21:00   #387
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well, just whiled away an hour or so watching "Brexit the movie", as a convinced outist the film merely reinforced my opinion. It's not an in your face study, more a thoughtful confirmation of the reasons why we should be voting to leave come the 23rd June.

Even the rabid remaniacs should have a watch, then seriously rethink what they consider to be the "Right way to go". Hopefully it may make a few waverers tilt in the direction of out, one can only hope so.

If you've a slack hour in your busy day, grab a brew of choice, sit down & have a watch.

cashman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 13-05-2016, 21:24   #388
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nice thought dave, but me grandad always told me= Yeh cant put sense were there is none.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 13-05-2016, 21:52   #389
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Nice thought dave, but me grandad always told me= Yeh cant put sense were there is none.
True!
Old 14-05-2016, 06:22   #390
Beacon of light

I am just getting a bit weary of all these big wigs being wheeled out to tell us how bad things will be if we take back our destiny.
President Obama(sending us to the back of the queue...when the negotiations for a trade treaty with the EU look to be doomed, so that's where we would be anyway).
Mark Carney...a Canadian governor of the Bank of England....he tells us that he foresees tough financial times ahead.....strange that he can forecast this whe he doesn't really know what effect leaving the EU will have - he can only guess.
Christine Lagarde(iMF and French) sees our prospects outside the EU as bad to very,very bad. Might she have an axe to grind to keep us tied in because that would benefit the French...has she got vested interests in the EU?
That is the question I ask myself each time one of these experts is wheeled out to give us what can only be assumptions....seeing as such a thing has never happened before, and as such is unknown territory.
I no longer want to be married to the Federal states of Europe...and there are more member states that would be equally glad to get rid of this bondage.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-05-2016 at 06:24.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..