Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2016, 16:30   #526
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

C'mon, Wynonie, you can't expect many MPs to vote against a well-established £Billion gravy train created exclusively for failed MPs.

That's one of the best reasons to VOTE LEAVE - to give the expenses-grabbing MPs, London bankers, and corporate robber barons a kick up the Arsenal.

Unlike a general election (when, whoever you vote for, the Government always gets in) this referendum is a once in a lifetime opportunity for ordinary people to stick it them.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2016, 16:49   #527
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

But we won't stick it to them, if (and I hope when) we come out, or if we stay, they will use this referendum to stick it to us...

Either, well you wanted to come out look at the mess you have caused, or well you decided to stay, look at the mess you've caused.

A win, win for politicians a lose, lose for the plebs like you and I. 😢
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 19:43   #528
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
When the date of the referendum was announced he was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'I would vote out but I'll be voting to stay in', so it is as Cashy said obviously.
Link here.....Politicians divided over European Union - Accrington Observer
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 15:35   #529
God Member

Quote:
But we won't stick it to them, if (and I hope when) we come out, or if we stay, they will use this referendum to stick it to us...
A win, win for politicians a lose, lose for the plebs like you and I. ��
Think I get what you mean, Less, and, whilst it's something that may be applicable to general elections, it's a dangerous counsel of despair in this instance. There's EVERY reason to vote this time.

It isn't about the economy. Over a reasonable period, say a decade, there won't be any difference either way, and you're right that politicos will always look to blame anyone but themselves.

But this is one of those very rare opportunities (some generations NEVER get one) for plebs like you and I to tell the IMF, the CBI, the Bank of England, old Etonians, loony London lefties, and big global corporate leeches to go suck it.
I for one am damn well not doing as I'm told by a motley bunch of trough-slobbering, self-serving, greed-merchants.

And I'd encourage every member of what politicians call "the awkward squad" (i.e. the public) to VOTE LEAVE, while we still can.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 17:26   #530
Senior Member+

Shades of the 1984 Thought Police from the EC this week - no more free speech if they don't like the subject.
Old 31-05-2016, 17:28   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Shades of the 1984 Thought Police from the EC this week - no more free speech if they don't like the subject.
That means what? More details please before you frighten the children.
Old 31-05-2016, 18:55   #532
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
That means what? More details please before you frighten the children.
Think Barrie meant this Less,

EU referendum: Brussels blasted for 'Orwellian' crackdown on online criticism | World | News | Daily Express

And just another point, in the article JCB posted, did anyone look at the poll results? I did & if that's the view of Joe Public in other local rags too .......

Think "Pork boy Dave" & his scaremongers may just be spreading a few more porkies concerning the intentions of the populace to demoralise the Brexiteers.
(It ain't working Porky Boy!)
Old 31-05-2016, 19:51   #533
Beacon of light

I looked at the poll and added my vote to it......while it is interesting, I am afraid I do not trust polls. People do not always tell the truth...or they may change their mind as the pencil hover over which option to choose.
I also am not sure if we can trust those who count the votes......I wouldn't put it past any government to indulge in skulduggery of some form or another to get the result that they want.

I am in no doubt though as to the way I will be voting......OUT
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:12   #534
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
.....I wouldn't put it past any government to indulge in skulduggery of some form or another to get the result that they want.
Like this?

EU referendum: Fears over Brexit vote integrity as EU citizens 'sent polling cards' | Politics | News | Daily Express
Less and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:50   #535
Beacon of light

Pretty much son...pretty much.
I do not trust the government or their agents.....and right now I doubt the integrity of the whole vote.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 01-06-2016 at 12:59.
Old 01-06-2016, 13:00   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Pretty much son...pretty much.
I enjoyed the link from that page to the thoughts of chairman Allen.
Yes Mr. Sugar I would prefer to be thought of as a mug rather than believe anything you might say.
Old 01-06-2016, 14:04   #537
Beacon of light

Lord Sugar says his main market is in EU countries, so this is hardly an unbiased view.
Our trade with the EU has shrunk greatly and is predicted to be something in the region of only 16% by 2020(that is if you believe projections..I prefer the term guesswork) not sure if that projection is based on us staying in the EU or coming out.

Whatever the outcome of the vote, the EU will find some way of trying to humiliate us.

I wish I could find some dry cave somewhere.
Somewhere that I would not have to listen to the babblings of different commentators.....somewhere that did not have newspapers or any kind of media with their experts telling us what they THINK will happen to us.
I am heartily sick of the circus that is the referendum.....and the two letters E and U make me want to run screaming down the road

I think I am ready for that sturdy white linen jacket that fastens down the back and stops you from scratching your bum!
Less, AccyMad and hilleluk like this.
Old 01-06-2016, 17:47   #538

Let's face facts, the stay brigade will always be able to assume that out is terrible, I'm for out, BUT I'm frightened of the retribution the EU will put towards us.
If staying in was honestly good, we could vote without threats either from the EU or our own so called knowledgeable 'in the know', as it is, we come out we are shafted, why if it's so good to stay in is no one telling us what WE our country, will gain?
Why aren't the rest of the EU offering us reasons that would make us and them far more profitable so long as we stay together?
Old 01-06-2016, 18:04   #539
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Let's face facts, the stay brigade will always be able to assume that out is terrible, I'm for out, BUT I'm frightened of the retribution the EU will put towards us.
If staying in was honestly good, we could vote without threats either from the EU or our own so called knowledgeable 'in the know', as it is, we come out we are shafted, why if it's so good to stay in is no one telling us what WE our country, will gain?
Why aren't the rest of the EU offering us reasons that would make us and them far more profitable so long as we stay together?
Probably cos that would be telling even more LIES?
Old 01-06-2016, 18:22   #540

Quote:
I'll tell you why Less, no one from the stay brigade will,

there are 28 members of the EU, not one of them is happy, they, like us, are being **** on, no Government can govern for their people, even the strongest members have problems (and no nation that is a member should be stronger than the other if this experiment is going to work), unless of course it is communism, Oh, perhaps communism is the wrong example of equality? They gave up in '89 and yet look how many equal millionaires the aftermath produced?

We have a chance of equalising Europe not just for us but also for the real Europeans. vote out, maybe there should have been a third choice, vote to stay so long as the EU changes it's ways to make it's system fair for ALL it's members.
cashman and hilleluk like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..