Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2012, 11:21   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Super mosque in doubt

This i hear is no longer in doubt..................It aint happening.
Old 24-09-2012, 15:42   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisychain View Post
Hello Cashman, i was at full council meeting last thursday.....
I told you I would work out who you are
Old 24-09-2012, 18:25   #63
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Now that I've read the latest saga in the newspaper about the leasehold issue, I've just sent off an(other) email to my local councillors about this matter. This time I'm objecting to a change of leasehold to freehold, pointing out that it's their duty to act in the best interests of all residents and business owners. I also included a link to the Charity Board website (below) which publishes each charity's annual income/expenditure. I can understand the commercial and religious reasons why the mosque committee want a freehold but in my view the council has to act in the best interests of all the residents.

When I went to Sunday School it was free so I was surprised to see youngsters pay to learn the koran -

Charity overview
Instead of objecting to a change of ownership to a piece of land, the objection should be to another mosque, how many mosques are there in Accrington now, and do they really need any more, or It will end up like Eanam.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 10:27   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Instead of objecting to a change of ownership to a piece of land, the objection should be to another mosque, how many mosques are there in Accrington now, and do they really need any more, or It will end up like Eanam.
surely if god or allah wanted somewhere to have people kiss their arse the places of worship would appear from the heavens as if by some miracle of some sort?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 10:38   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I raised objections many moons ago with my then local councillor giving reasons which were valid, and in my view still are.

With regard to my objection to this land being given freehold which would in the long term mean higher council taxes and/or less less council employees and benefits for the whole of Hyndburn I received this written answer from my local councillor:-

<<This issue was voted to be returned to Cabinet for reconsideration, as it was thought that the land should not be sold, but leasehold, so that the Council would have more control on any future developments.>>
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 20:52   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
surely if god or allah wanted somewhere to have people kiss their arse the places of worship would appear from the heavens as if by some miracle of some sort?
Actually they have appeared ... at least to some. Check out the beliefs of many Canadian First Nations.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 11:49   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Actually they have appeared ... at least to some. Check out the beliefs of many Canadian First Nations.
so places of worship have been granted yet when i was 6 god couldnt even deliver me a bloomin bike i wanted

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-09-2012, 12:36   #68
God Member

Quote:
so places of worship have been granted yet when i was 6 god couldnt even deliver me a bloomin bike i wanted

Kinda like the big truck I wanted so I could take my gran to Blackpool. First Nations look at it this way: The Great Spirit has give us the planet to live on; so, why should we expect or need more? Kinda like si monumentum requiris, circumspice
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 13:43   #69
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Ah, Bless, six years old and talking to God, what rotten parents you must have had telling you to speak to him, God delivers war and famine, Santa Claus delivers bikes, (Christmas is early for Hyndburn this year, so at least you'll get a chance to complain to the main man if it still doesn't get to you).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:08   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieBootGirl View Post
I believe that the council should think very, very carefully about this. Would a similar sized Christian church or cathedral be tolerated in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc.?

A building holding two and a half thousand men is larger than any British cathedral - I think the largest holds about two thousand.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:21   #71
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
A building holding two and a half thousand men is larger than any British cathedral - I think the largest holds about two thousand.
Perhaps with the right/wrong attitude, they could be dual purpose? I believe the gas chambers of WWII had a similar capacity, is that what you want?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:44   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ah, Bless, six years old and talking to God, what rotten parents you must have had telling you to speak to him, God delivers war and famine, Santa Claus delivers bikes, (Christmas is early for Hyndburn this year, so at least you'll get a chance to complain to the main man if it still doesn't get to you).
i was a mixed up child i thought god delivered bikes and it was santa who killed my dad.

no wonder i failed sunday school

Old 30-09-2012, 13:00   #73
I am Banned

Quote:
Where are they going to park 2.500 cars, thats an even bigger problem.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 13:21   #74
Senior Member+

Personally the question for me is do we really need ANY more places of worship
Old 30-09-2012, 13:31   #75
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Personally the question for me is do we really need ANY more places of worship
I suppose that depends if the ones in use are full

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..