Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2012, 10:44   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: Super mosque in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I know you always have holes in your sock and can't take your shoes off to enter a mosque
Well he said as much on one of the boots threads - trying to sell his holey socks!
Old 16-09-2012, 10:46   #32
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, I don't mind hearing that this mosque may be in doubt, however is there a need for such over-enthusiastic relish of the fact?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
And the overuse of Size 5 ComicSansMS Font
No and no
Old 16-09-2012, 10:52   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well he said as much on one of the boots threads - trying to sell his holey socks!
Oh sorry susie must pay more attention
Old 16-09-2012, 11:04   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
A bit heavy that Eric.
Not heavy enough, there are similar factions in the muslim world as there are in the christian world, each one believing theirs is the true religion. Look at the state of the muslim world killing and slaughtering in the name of their god, plus their long term intent to kill all infidels. We may not suffer much, but your children & grandchildren will suffer from all this appeasement to muslim demands.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 17:55   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Not heavy enough, there are similar factions in the muslim world as there are in the christian world, each one believing theirs is the true religion. Look at the state of the muslim world killing and slaughtering in the name of their god, plus their long term intent to kill all infidels. We may not suffer much, but your children & grandchildren will suffer from all this appeasement to muslim demands.
I agree. All we are hearing are the voices of appeasement. Unfortunately, folks ignore history. They forget the consequences of appeasement, which now seems to go by other names ... you guys can figure it out. Let's take a historical analogy: March 7, 1936; the German remilitarization of the Rhineland. France and Britain let this major breach of the Versailles Treaty pass with little mention, and no action. Maybe some huffing and puffing; but nothing was done. And the result of this unwillingness to take a stand was ... well, most of us have heard of WW ll. We can't give in to these guys. Nobody seems to be speaking out for the West except for those we confine to the lunatic fringe. Muslims who live in England and Canada are a Fifth Column, taking advantage of our way of life at the same time as they condemn it.

In the West we have a way of life which, if not perfect, is worth preserving. But our leaders seem to be ashamed of speaking out for it. What you guys need in your House of Commons, (and what we need in ours) is someone to stand up and, as Leo Amery did in 1940, yell out to the leaders: "Speak for England." ... and quit promoting concessions to those who are our enemies.

And the Americans. Remember that this is an election year. If Obama parked the Sixth Fleet in the Eastern Med and pounded the bejesus out of rioters in front of Western Emabassies, you can bet your bottom dollar that he would be a shoe in come November. And there's no need to worry about the flow of oil. The bastards have to sell it to survive ... how else can they afford to buy Premier League teams Anyhow, given a couple of years and a few pipelines Canada can supply all of the oil America needs.

I would hazzard a guess that many of you are feeling frustrated and angry at what is going on in the Middle East and in other parts of the muslim world. After pouring billions in cash and lots of blood into Afghanistan they are still killing our troops. What was it, two more from the Yorkshire Regiment just yesterday. This is what we get for trying to help. 160 Canadian troops died for what? And Brits. And yanks. What a waste.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 17:58   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Eric mate, come home n stand fer P.M.
Old 16-09-2012, 18:02   #37
Beacon of light

Eric, as I said people hold views privately, for fear of being labelled bigots and racists.
It isn't PC to speak against multi-culturalism(or social engineering as I prefer to term it).......and all healthy debate has been ground underfoot by politicians and their ilk.......now forgive me for being a bit dense, but isn't that just a bit fascist?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:34   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Eric, as I said people hold views privately, for fear of being labelled bigots and racists.
It isn't PC to speak against multi-culturalism(or social engineering as I prefer to term it).......and all healthy debate has been ground underfoot by politicians and their ilk.......now forgive me for being a bit dense, but isn't that just a bit fascist?
i have to agree, people are scared of being labelled, they dont often speak their minds, this occurs through all aspects of life.

but isnt that one of the tools that the nazi party used to build its powerbase?

a whole different debate, about true freedom of speech, preaching hate of whatever persuasion, should it be allowed?
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:56   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
i have to agree, people are scared of being labelled, they dont often speak their minds, this occurs through all aspects of life.

but isnt that one of the tools that the nazi party used to build its powerbase?

a whole different debate, about true freedom of speech, preaching hate of whatever persuasion, should it be allowed?
In Canada we have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms which guarantees our right to speak freely. We also have laws against promoting hatred against racial, religious, ethnic, etc. groups. I think that most of us on here know the difference between free speech and the promotion of hate.

And really, it's all about speaking our minds. That's the Lancashire way, isn't it. "Speak thi' mind lad," as my Gran used to say. "And if they don't like it; they can lump it."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:58   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
should it be allowed?
Ah, Mmm yes, should it be allowed, in a free society no choice I'm afraid, no matter how nasty or hurtful a comment/ideal/thought may be, we have to accept that it is allowed otherwise we are no better than, who are they? You mentioned them in a bit of the above post I didn't quote, Ah, yes, the Nazis.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:59   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

And really, it's all about speaking our minds. That's the Lancashire way, isn't it. "Speak thi' mind lad," as my Gran used to say. "And if they don't like it; they can lump it."
Correct, sadly lost forever wi some these days Eric.
Old 16-09-2012, 21:50   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No I would call it patriotism, trouble is a few so called do gooders, trying to impress others, and be on the world stage, have brainwashed and terrorised plain speakers into submission.
For over a 100 years every country we have ever helped has sh*t on us, take the frogs as a good example, two world wars we held their hands, 1000's of pure Brits died for them, now what, jerry is their best friend.
What will Gt Britain be in 50 years.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 08:43   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No I would call it patriotism, trouble is a few so called do gooders, trying to impress others, and be on the world stage, have brainwashed and terrorised plain speakers into submission.
For over a 100 years every country we have ever helped has sh*t on us, take the frogs as a good example, two world wars we held their hands, 1000's of pure Brits died for them, now what, jerry is their best friend.
Spot on Walter spot on matey
Old 17-09-2012, 10:14   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Bankrupt and just an island province of China.

Hang on though we're already bankrupt, so only the last option left to happen.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 10:55   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Bankrupt and just an island province of China.

Hang on though we're already bankrupt, so only the last option left to happen.
Or Pakistan.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..