Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 15:24   #121
God Member

Re: Super mosque in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasjohnward View Post
The only reason that I haven't posted on here since I first joined 3 years ago is that up till now most of my spare time was spent working for a living.
So what you are saying is that you suck at multi-tasking

By the way, as a confirmed infidel, if I were looking for folks who are prejudiced, homophobic, gynophobic, racist (unless you don't consider anti-semitism as "racist") etc. I would check out a mosque. And if I were looking for a whole bunch of them, I would check out a "super" mosque
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2012, 15:32   #122
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Eric my I take this moment to say that as usual you are being far too P.C.

(He sent me a very nice PM this morning by the way).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 15:41   #123
th3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thanks for the info Councillor
You're very welcome.

My pleasure any time against braindead BS
th3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 17:17   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
perhaps even the majority, work long hours to keep the wolf from the door (did so myself up to a few months ago) but it doesn't stop them from posting. .
Yeah case and point for me

I might have posted earlier if I could've figured out why tapatalk wont search
Old 01-10-2012, 18:12   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Personally the question for me is do we really need ANY more places of worship

not really

building a church or mosque is like me building a den for my imaginary friend when i was 8 but on a bigger scale and without the excuse that they are young and dont know any better

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:11   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No they aren't, I have been accused of being racist, too P.C. and everything in between.
Try not to correct the other members of the site when you know so little about them, it ruins it for me if someone else upsets them.

lol )
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:37   #127
God Member

I thought I'd stick this in here instead of starting a new thread. An interesting read.

Why can't we discuss Islam? - World - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 14:30   #128

Trying to understand the mindset of muslims, last year I watched BBC2's programme "The Life of Muhammad", presented by one of my favourite reporters, Rageh Omaar. I'm none the wiser as Muhammad was presented as a gentle, kind man, but how can anyone be any of those things if he sends his army in to attack places - not because people in those areas had waged war on him but because of their opposing beliefs.
Old 06-10-2012, 14:41   #129
Beacon of light

Any meaningful discussion of Islam is hampered by political correctness.
We cannot discuss something with a sect, that seems to outsiders to consider itself superior to any other form of religious worship.
There appears to be very little tolerance of any other religion. Go try to be a Christian in Kabul...or look for a Catholic church in Saudi.
We,(any other religion) are considered to be infidels....but yet we have to heap 'fairness'...equality, on those who consider us unworthy of any reciprocal fairness and tolerance.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 12:43   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Trying to understand the mindset of muslims, last year I watched BBC2's programme "The Life of Muhammad", presented by one of my favourite reporters, Rageh Omaar. I'm none the wiser as Muhammad was presented as a gentle, kind man, but how can anyone be any of those things if he sends his army in to attack places - not because people in those areas had waged war on him but because of their opposing beliefs.
like all religeon its full of double standards and hypocracey

just so were clear though im not quite sure who you are refering to so could you please post a picture of him just to see if were on teh same page

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 18-10-2012, 10:31   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
like all religeon its full of double standards and hypocracey

just so were clear though im not quite sure who you are refering to so could you please post a picture of him just to see if were on teh same page
lol - don't think we're allowed to publish pictures of their prophet

Here's the BBC's webpage showing the programme and the reporter:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012mkg5
Old 18-10-2012, 16:22   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
lol - don't think we're allowed to publish pictures of their prophet

Here's the BBC's webpage showing the programme and the reporter:
BBC Two - The Life of Muhammad, The Seeker
well if my wife was as old as his was when he had sex with her i wouldnt want my picture in the public domain either .Even jimmy saville would shake his head lol

Old 23-09-2016, 12:30   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3 View Post
You're very welcome.

My pleasure any time against braindead BS
Probably better to be braindead, than an arrogant piece of crap? still what do i know.
Old 23-09-2016, 15:26   #134

You must bored resurrecting a 4yo thread
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 15:36   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
You must bored resurrecting a 4yo thread
its called keeping the forum alive, try it yerself.
dotti34, Mog and maxthecollie like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..