Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 22:44   #76
God Member

Re: Tory Tory Tory

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well you rant about your political views in your signature so we can see it every time you post so why not us?! If anything, you copied off me by doing it!?
Of course I copied off you..should you get away with blatant propaganda without some backfire... I must admit I do feel guilty, but that's only because I feel like I'm beating up some kid in the playground at lunch time!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2008, 22:47   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Of course I copied off you..should you get away with blatant propaganda without some backfire... I must admit I do feel guilty, but that's only because I feel like I'm beating up some kid in the playground at lunch time!
I see, well all mine are just quotes in jest, which I use to wind up my left wing friends.

Also Cmonstanley, I don't know when I have ever said that, so I don't really know what to say to it. Most of the Tory supporters I know aren't rich or middle class for that matter.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 22:59   #78
God Member

your never going to say you are a plastic toryit was said in jest.but is there a difference being a tory supporter or being a real tory?
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:10   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
your never going to say you are a plastic toryit was said in jest.but is there a difference being a tory supporter or being a real tory?
Well I'm more right wing on the political compass than most but I understand what you are trying to say, although it sounds a little bit stereotypical to me.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:14   #80
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Milk stealer? Why should people who can afford to pay be given free milk?
Are the Conservatives also planning to stop Child Benefit as well then, because on that proviso a couple of fat cat parents in the City don't really need it either.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:15   #81
white rabbits

God forbid we ever get the likes of Thatcher again,but Gordon Brown is going down the same road,,,,nobody can afford to live anymore...
Old 10-06-2008, 23:17   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
It is ironic, but at the end of the day everyone has their own 'self interest' at heart, that is why we have so many problems with p0oliticians, ( from your postings I thought you were old enough and sensible enough to know that)
ah me own self interest at heart, how little you know, so on your basis i'm obviously stupid. but never mind, you just declared yerself a selfish git. i can live with that.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:20   #83
God Member

not stereotypical i bet theres not one in the tory hierarchy who earns less than £300,000 a year....in one of their jobs..plus i bet most of them can trace their family roots back to the days of william the third..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:20   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Are the Conservatives also planning to stop Child Benefit as well then, because on that proviso a couple of fat cat parents in the City don't really need it either.
Of course you have to take issues as they come, not using the same logic across the board, common sense. As far as that is concerned, why should the super rich be getting child benefits? If all it includes is money then surely they can afford to pay for their own.
Old 10-06-2008, 23:21   #85
God Member

Why?..it was one way to improve the health of the children..you and Blazey are really coming out now.. should we all go back to shoving kid's up chimney's ? you will say no.. but if your party had not been opposed we still would be.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:22   #86
Give, give, give member

Quote:
but the tories are still full of the super rich who want to make a quick buck on the back of somebody else.i bet if you went to a tory conference and they knew your background they would stick their nose up at you.
Hell, I've met a lot of the Tory hierarchy, and they just love these silly little blind mice, whose blinkered beavering away helps keep the rich rich, and the poor poor, and you're right they do look down on the party faithfull who don't have the right old school tie.

Old 10-06-2008, 23:25   #87
God Member

Quote:
not stereotypical i bet theres not one in the tory hierarchy who earns less than £300,000 a year....in one of their jobs..plus i bet most of them can trace their family roots back to the days of william the third..
Thatchers father was a grocer. David Davis came from a single parent family living on a council estate. We already know the Labour party are not a party of aspiration though. What the heck is wrong with somebody putting their own effort in and working hard to make money?
Old 10-06-2008, 23:25   #88
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thatcher can't.

When her daughter's D.N.A. was examined the strain came from Asia Minor and sub-Saharan Africa.

Old 10-06-2008, 23:26   #89
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Why?..it was one way to improve the health of the children..you and Blazey are really coming out now.. should we all go back to shoving kid's up chimney's ? you will say no.. but if your party had not been opposed we still would be.
couldent agree more,,
Old 10-06-2008, 23:27   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thatchers father was a grocer. David Davis came from a single parent family living on a council estate. We already know the Labour party are not a party of aspiration though. What the heck is wrong with somebody putting their own effort in and working hard to make money?
Trust me, M.P.'s, party leaders, and even Prime Ministers, aren't the Tory hierarchy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..