Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22   #181
Resting in Peace

Re: Tory Tory Tory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Ya have to have a thread on Big Brother!!!
There is no life without BB
No life without BIG BROTHER I'm annoy if I turn it on by accident
Old 11-06-2008, 10:24   #182
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Football is an emotive subject to millions of people too. On here it has it's own forum and if a football discussion gets brought in to the general forum, people object and it gets moved to where it should be. Maybe we can have a politics forum where people can bore the crap out of themselves and leave it there
You maybe surprised that I agree with you dave, but if there was a political section the same usual suspects would still be in there posting
Old 11-06-2008, 10:50   #183
God Member

Most things that affects us in life is down to politics whether you want to call it that or not! Whether it's what school our children are going to and which ones are doing well, whether it's the pot hole in the middle of the road and who should be paying to have it fixed, whether it's about who should be emptying our bins and how often - ALL POLITICS!

If some people don't like these threads then tough, they're what makes people come back to the site every day to find out what's going on.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:58   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

If some people don't like these threads then tough, they're what makes people come back to the site every day to find out what's going on.

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21   #185
God Member

[quote=Gayle;590926] whether it's the pot hole in the middle of the road quote]

Funny you should mention that. We have road barriers piled up outside our house from roadworks which were finished about 6 weeks ago. How do we get them moved ? I don't really want to know how Labour brought the country to it's knees, or Thatcher sold off all the family jewels, or wait until Gordon can get them detained for 42 days, or smarmy David hugs a hoodie to solve the world economic crisis. I would just like them moved
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Funny you should mention that. We have road barriers piled up outside our house from roadworks which were finished about 6 weeks ago. How do we get them moved ? I don't really want to know how Labour brought the country to it's knees, or Thatcher sold off all the family jewels, or wait until Gordon can get them detained for 42 days, or smarmy David hugs a hoodie to solve the world economic crisis. I would just like them moved
Real issues! Get on the phone to your local councillor, he/she can get in contact with people who will move them if the work is finished!

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/sc...hp?viewBy=ward
Old 11-06-2008, 12:42   #187
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No life without BIG BROTHER I'm annoy if I turn it on by accident

I can honestly say I was joking

I don't like Big Brother, I have better things to be doing when BB is on, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing lol
Old 11-06-2008, 16:14   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
I can honestly say I was joking

I don't like Big Brother, I have better things to be doing when BB is on, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing lol
Sorry AccyLass but there are people who are glued to the program every minute its on. My Granddaughter is on holiday, well she's home today, she will have got someone to record every showing since it started nd will not miss another episode, very sad, very sad in deed, she doesn't take after niether her mother or me
Old 11-06-2008, 16:24   #189
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
she doesn't take after niether her mother or me
You must be very disappointed, having a granddaughter who's interested in other people.

How galling.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 16:29   #190
Yank in King Art's Court!

The nice thing with Accyweb's variety is that you can choose which type threads to read, which to contribute to, and which to ignore!

I find alot of it beyond my distant/foreign realm i.e. local constables, prams and trolleys, ASDA, and the local sales/restaurants. I only add to some of these for a bit of Yankee perspective. I know this annoys a few but usually it's appreciated by others.

Above all, I usually enjoy watching the banter!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 16:36   #191
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You must be very disappointed, having a granddaughter who's interested in other people.

How galling.
You don't class them as people do you Rindi, they're just narcissistic fools
Old 11-06-2008, 16:39   #192
Yank in King Art's Court!

What I find most interesting about politics is it is so much based on perspective. When I was a teen, I made note in my infinite teen wisdom that Franklin D. Roosevelt was the worst President by helping unions, creating welfare, and making people lazy! As a very (American)conservative family thought I was safe.

Well my mum almost ripped my head off. She grew up very poor in the tenaments of Providence, Rhode Island during the Great Depression:

"How dare you say that Brian! If it wasn't for Roosevelt we would have starved to death. His works programs paid your Grampa Hall a dollar a day to dig ditches!"

I really had no idea and began to realise I maybe had a bit more to learn about life! After feeling so very violated by Nixon's Watergate, I came to accept that (IMO) most politicians are the same. Seeking to better themselves at the expense of the masses (IMO).

Thoughts from across the pond. Cheers!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 16:45   #193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
This is just plain wrong. Small business increased 60% from 1979 to 1988. Wipe out the competition? Don't be silly, no market is good with monopolies, whether that be public or private, that's why those monopolies were broken.

Shut down independent dairies? Can I ask where you get your milk in Accrington?
and how many businesses are left you encouraged people to open businesses and sold them down the river by hitting them wherever possible..by keeping high interest rates .. competition thats what they said about the telecommunication electric and gas industries we are paying through the nose for our energy bills looks like free markets dont work.raping the country of its assets by selling them to their mates corrupt to the core.smashing the manufactoring industry to the core.it shows you tories are bad for the country.the few reap the profits the rest pay through the nose to make them profits..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 16:50   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
What I find most interesting about politics is it is so much based on perspective. When I was a teen, I made note in my infinite teen wisdom that Franklin D. Roosevelt was the worst President by helping unions, creating welfare, and making people lazy! As a very (American)conservative family thought I was safe.

Well my mum almost ripped my head off. She grew up very poor in the tenaments of Providence, Rhode Island during the Great Depression:

"How dare you say that Brian! If it wasn't for Roosevelt we would have starved to death. His works programs paid your Grampa Hall a dollar a day to dig ditches!"

I really had no idea and began to realise I maybe had a bit more to learn about life! After feeling so very violated by Nixon's Watergate, I came to accept that (IMO) most politicians are the same. Seeking to better themselves at the expense of the masses (IMO).

Brian
well put, karma sent
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 19:03   #195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post

Brian
great post brian mate, hope cyfr takes it onboard, somehow i doubt it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..