Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 23:53   #106
Give, give, give member

Re: Tory Tory Tory

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Obviously the fine detail would be different for different amounts of money are concerned, but yes, I agree with the principle of it, whether the Conservative line is that or not.
Finally, so as well as snatching the kiddies free milk, you think their Child Benefit should also be taken away.

We got there in the end.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2008, 23:54   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Forget the Tory Party line then, you think it was good Thatcher scrapped free milk because some children's parents earned a lot of money, so do you also think that those same parents be getting Child Benefit, and therefore should it be scrapped?
I do, and seen as I don't speak on behalf of the Conservative Party or have any specific interest in ever being one of their party then I shall air my views.

I think the problem is that the current tests are very objective, and based on income. Many a time I have seen 'wealthier' families suffering more than the poorer ones because they just miss criteria for different types of financial help, and they have no way of doing anything about it. I would like to see a more personal system which applied specifically to our needs rather than having set policies for everybody, because they just don't seem to work, and it certainly doesn't create a more 'equal' system.

This isn't based on a specific parties ideals, this is my own view. It isn't necessarily taking from any specific class to give to another, it's just a case of who needs the support should get as much support as reasonably possible.

I don't know who to vote for in general elections right now, because it all seems a bit ambiguous right now. I have been called a thatcherite, and I am not really ashamed of that to be truthful. Somebody must've liked her after all
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 23:56   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
This is just plain wrong. Small business increased 60% from 1979 to 1988. Wipe out the competition? Don't be silly, no market is good with monopolies, whether that be public or private, that's why those monopolies were broken.

Shut down independent dairies? Can I ask where you get your milk in Accrington?
Although I remember you weren't too keen on Tesco opening in Accrington.

Do you think them selling flowers might affect your father's florist business?

Old 11-06-2008, 00:02   #109
Give, give, give member

Andrew, if you do go into politics promise me you'll get yourself some professional P.R.

Old 11-06-2008, 00:04   #110
God Member

Quote:
Andrew, if you do go into politics promise me you'll get yourself some professional P.R.
I have a mind of my own. Perhaps if we were still strong in our traditional values I wouldn't have the right to air my opinion and the world would be a nicer place. You wouldn't have even had to bother with Thatcher. Shame
Old 11-06-2008, 00:07   #111
God Member

I have been called a thatcherite, and I am not really ashamed of that to be truthful. Somebody must've liked her after all
Why be ashamed?..if you are then there is not a problem.. we a;; know were we stand.. the problem I have is that your posts tell us we have been brainwashed and I am stupid because I don't agree with you.. that tells me .. ME.. that you are a typical Tory.. underhand and not to be trusted.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 00:07   #112
God Member

Quote:
Although I remember you weren't too keen on Tesco opening in Accrington.

Do you think them selling flowers might affect your father's florist business?
Yes the possibility is there.

Do you think the milk cuts were right?
Would you remove child benefits from the super rich?

Old 11-06-2008, 00:10   #113
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I have a mind of my own.
That's why professional help may be wise.

No one should have to put up with constant disappointment.

Old 11-06-2008, 00:11   #114
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Do you think the milk cuts were right?
I can't really answer that.

I'm still traumatised at having the milk snatched out of my poor little eight year old hands.

Old 11-06-2008, 00:12   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I have been called a thatcherite, and I am not really ashamed of that to be truthful. Somebody must've liked her after all
Why be ashamed?..if you are then there is not a problem.. we a;; know were we stand.. the problem I have is that your posts tell us we have been brainwashed and I am stupid because I don't agree with you.. that tells me .. ME.. that you are a typical Tory.. underhand and not to be trusted.
Brainwashed by who exactly? I don't like many of the policies of 'new conservatism', and have a more traditional tory view.

Andrew might want equality, but I'm quite set against it. In fact I haven't met anyone with my views yet apart from a tory at uni who IS your stereotypical tory and also refuses to get involved in student politics. We're such a minority
Old 11-06-2008, 00:13   #116
God Member

Quote:
I have a mind of my own. Perhaps if we were still strong in our traditional values I wouldn't have the right to air my opinion and the world would be a nicer place. You wouldn't have even had to bother with Thatcher. Shame
But why are you answering a question put to andrewb?
Old 11-06-2008, 00:13   #117
God Member

I have a mind of my own.
And the same can be said of the trolly's at Tesco's
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 00:13   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
that is nonsense, traditional values were in place when i was young n nobody stopped me being a gob-head.
Old 11-06-2008, 00:14   #119
God Member

Andrew and I got milk at primary school. It was lovely. In little glass bottles too sometimes. Ah those were the days.
Old 11-06-2008, 00:15   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that is nonsense, traditional values were in place when i was young n nobody stopped me being a gob-head.
I'm on about the rights and opinions of women in politics. Though you were all too aware of that, yet you insist I speak to you like an imbecile

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..