Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2013, 02:26   #841
I am Banned

Re: Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Anyone notice in this weeks Observer (page 6-no link available)
Plans submitted for change of use 28 Warner St to 2 one bedroom flats?
Applicant Mr(J) Easton.

Come on Accywebbers you know the landlord,that`s got to to be a plus,
get your names down,you are even in the right demograph
Give over Stevie R
The conspiracy merchants on here will go into overdrive AND it says Joseph Easton is the applicant !! there must be a whole tribe of Eastons looking to take over the town.
Stevie R likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2013, 06:06   #842

Surely no link there then.......

Happy to discuss it on here, and actually for once it fits with the town centre changes title of the thread.

So there are 2 buildings here 26 (a shop fronted premises on the right) and 28 which is not a shopfront but a large glazed window that you can't see through - the left building.

26 will stay as is - it was zoned for office use, and doesn't require any change to be used as a shop. This building will complete around end August.

28 is more of a problem in terms of what to do with it. It is currently designated as Office - and downstairs it could stay as office. I don't think there's much demand for office on Warner Street and actually I don't think historically office should have been approved for what is clearly a shopping street. In terms of making this a shop, that wont work for 28. Obviously it was a house back in 1820 when built and it retains it's heavy central supporting wall between splitting the front from back of the ground floor. That's not easy to remove, and also there is no shop frontage - just the hideous window that you can see.

The upstairs of 28 can and should be a 1 bedroom flat. I don't need planning permission for change of use to that, thanks to the governments sensible rules on converting commercial to residential above ground floor level. So that will be a 1 bed.

The downstairs will also be a 1 bed, if passed, and an office if not. As it can't be a shop, I think residential is better than office because office may not rent so easily.

I know from many discussions here that there's a shortage of 1 bed flats in the town - well here's 2 that I'm looking to create. They'll be in brand new condition when done. To save some typing about how I'm here only to take advantage of the townsfolk, I would point out that I plan to let these 1 bed flats at 350 pounds a month. If you look at rightmove you'll find that's the absolute cheapest accommodation anywhere in the town. These though will be finished to brand new standard and so cannot be compared with others.

To DP's point - Joe is my father, who worked for 52 years in the building trade for Robert McAlpine and knows way more than I will ever know about buildings. I have been living in Singapore so he's better placed than I as the person on the ground to deal with builders/tradesman/councilors/regulators and all the people that need to be involved in such a project.

If possible lets debate the buildings and their use (historical and future) rather sidetracking to attempt to attack me.
DtheP47 and susie123 like this.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 07:05   #843
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Surely no link there then.......

Happy to discuss it on here, and actually for once it fits with the town centre changes title of the thread.

To DP's point - Joe is my father, who worked for 52 years in the building trade for Robert McAlpine and knows way more than I will ever know about buildings. I have been living in Singapore so he's better placed than I as the person on the ground to deal with builders/tradesman/councilors/regulators and all the people that need to be involved in such a project.

If possible lets debate the buildings and their use (historical and future) rather sidetracking to attempt to attack me.
That'll do for me Mr E
Old 21-09-2013, 09:59   #844
I am Banned

Page 4 this weeks Observer needs a mention. All the "naysayers" on here have gone quiet.
Old 21-09-2013, 10:08   #845

Town Centre Changes

Don't believe everything you read DP. Only about 2 in 10 quotes in that article are accurate. Most of it is a work of fiction.
DtheP47 likes this.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 10:14   #846
I am Banned

You'll be telling me that's not even a picture of you next Graham
Old 21-09-2013, 13:16   #847
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Don't believe everything you read DP. Only about 2 in 10 quotes in that article are accurate. Most of it is a work of fiction.
Good of you to say so, perhaps you can give us the true version?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 13:56   #848
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well it is the New Accrington Observer after all
Old 21-09-2013, 16:07   #849
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Page 4 this weeks Observer needs a mention. All the "naysayers" on here have gone quiet.
I did see the article but felt that GEaston needed no extra publicity from me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 16:13   #850
Senior Member+

Nice to read the article in the Observer Mr Easton Glad to read that someone has faith in Accrington town centre and is investing their money into it.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 16:38   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Nice to read the article in the Observer Mr Easton Glad to read that someone has faith in Accrington town centre and is investing their money into it.
Pardon me whilst I go for the bucket, he's doing it because he can make a profit, not because he loves Accrington.
Whilst I have no objection at all to him investing and making that profit, I do object to the idea he should be either thanked or be idolised as if he is a benefactor, he's buying property around here because it's cheap.

Good luck to him, I hope he makes his money, but don't expect him to move to the district because he won't he can't afford to improve it that much.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 21-09-2013, 16:41   #852
Senior Member+

What I cant understand Less, is WHY you criticise someone you dont even know?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 16:46   #853
Beacon of light

Well, to be honest. the Observer made him sound like the saviour of Accrington, and while I appreciate that he is doing what he can with renovating a few buildings.....he is doing it for purely finacial reasons...there is no philanthropy in it....and it needs a lot more that what Mr Easton can do to save the town.
I think that is being purely realistic Atarah...rather than critical.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 16:59   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
What I cant understand Less, is WHY you criticise someone you dont even know?
You should read his posts, the scum of the Earth is higher in his opinion than anyone that dares to question his motives.
By the way reading between the lines even though he came close to saying it, he would bring in euthanasia for the scum of the Earth!
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 21-09-2013, 17:04   #855
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Pardon me whilst I go for the bucket, he's doing it because he can make a profit, not because he loves Accrington.
Whilst I have no objection at all to him investing and making that profit, I do object to the idea he should be either thanked or be idolised as if he is a benefactor, he's buying property around here because it's cheap.

Good luck to him, I hope he makes his money, but don't expect him to move to the district because he won't he can't afford to improve it that much.
#842 refers Less.... let's can the idolatry bit, his motivations are his business and yeah to your "Good Luck to Him"
AND there are beneficiaries to his investments in the town.

Who was it sang "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" ?

Last edited by DtheP47; 21-09-2013 at 17:06.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..