Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By boxermum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2016, 16:52   #1

No Wonder!

Where have all our by-laws gone.No wonder no one cares anymore,from spitting in the street to wilfull damage.It is absolutely disgusting ,walk along any Street in Accrington (or any other town) and the filth is everywhere.I wholeheartedly agree with the law on doggy doo, why can't the same apply to the dirty (human) dogs when they leave their dirty, Germ ridden mess that people have to constantly walk round to avoid carrying it home on their shoes
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2016, 18:13   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: No Wonder!

So what are you trying to say?
You trod in some human doo doo?
Well their are some 'humans' that need to catch up, dogs can be trained not to do it in the house, spend enough time they can be trained to crap where you want them to.

People, a different kettle of fish, some won't learn and will never understand that their base actions are below anything that the rest of us need.

It depends on how we are all brought up.

Your new to the town, stick around, (ah obviously you already did hence the doo, doo), you will learn here has it's low life just as where you left has.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 19:29   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

She aint new to the town, been here all her life.
Old 23-08-2016, 03:50   #4

O k Less,I probably didn't explain properly..listen carefully I will say ziss only once.I'm TALKING About THE DIRTY BEGGARS who think it's o k to spit on the pavement.The reason I mentioned dog poo is there is a law which is enforceable that requires that the poo is picked up and removed.It is well known that the germs etc in the aforementioned mess can have a very serious effect if in contact with humans especially children. Right,...the spitting on pavements IMHO should also, by law be acted upon. Germs Spread!!!...ie
TUBERCULOSIS.....comprende now��
Old 23-08-2016, 08:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermum View Post
O k Less,I probably didn't explain properly..listen carefully I will say ziss only once.I'm TALKING About THE DIRTY BEGGARS who think it's o k to spit on the pavement.The reason I mentioned dog poo is there is a law which is enforceable that requires that the poo is picked up and removed.It is well known that the germs etc in the aforementioned mess can have a very serious effect if in contact with humans especially children. Right,...the spitting on pavements IMHO should also, by law be acted upon. Germs Spread!!!...ie
TUBERCULOSIS.....comprende now��
Thank you for explaining it to me, the second time was much clearer, I apologise for thinking you hadn't lived here long must have got you mixed up with someone else.
As for the dirty beggars, perhaps if they weren't to imitate their sporting heroes that spit during their matches then maybe the pavements would be clearer, I have noticed a trend amongst the younger females who now join in this macho failing as well.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:47   #6
God Member

C'mon ... there's gotta be more to worry about in this [deleted]ed up world of ours than someone spitting in the street, or the odd drunk taking a leak against a wall or tossing his cookies in the gutter ... been there and done that myself on more than one occasion. Do we have to sterilize and sanitize ourselves before venturing out? Sounds like someone has veered into the politically correct health and safety lane. If you see a mess in the street, say "Tut, tut; how disgusting!" and walk around it. The crows and gulls will have it cleaned up in no time.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 17:41   #7

My, my,Eric it must be great to be as laid back as you.A couple of facts for you:: Toxocara (from dog s***) can cause BLINDNESS in children...TUBERCULOSIS (from morons spitting)can be spread that way.Yes if you're lucky and it's caught in time,you MAY recover but EXTRAPULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS can attack any place in your body ie,inner organs,bone,brain,spine.
IMHO it's attitudes like yours,turn the other cheek,look the other way,that help to make this ****** up world the way it is.
Anyway you sleep well my friend,****everyone else.
Old 23-08-2016, 17:51   #8

Oops,I apologise for my outburst,but it makes my blood boil,you see a friend of mine has a 8yr old daughter who has been diagnosed with this parasite (toxocara)and is currently undergoing treatment to try and save the sight in her right eye.It annoys me that some people's ignorance causes them to 'laugh off' a very serious matter.
Old 23-08-2016, 18:38   #9

Get used to Eric or get upset, he has spent a lifetime being laid back.
If I had his talent I wouldn't have been confused by your first post!
Yes, you are right to be upset by other folks uneccasry spittle, however, he put in a nutshell how we should be careful about how much of we should be shocked by it.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:14   #10

Toxocariasis is very serious although quite rare in the UK, however it is spread by a lot more than doggy doo doo. Cats, foxes, rabbits, chickens etc. can all carry the larvae.

The not washing of hands after stroking an infected animal can pass it on, as can eating improperly cooked chicken etc.

Domestic dogs get blamed for it, the dog owners vilified over it yet the majority all scoop the poop after their dog has done doo doo, yet the minority that don't give a monkeys make it worse for the rest of sensible dog owners.

This child (who I hope recovers fully) may have caught it from one of the other sources, 8 is a bit old to be playing in sandpits or crawling on the pavement - these days Minecraft and Pokemon are more interesting to them

I cannot say I have seen a dog wandering the streets without an owner (that has not escaped) in over 20+ years, they are now too valuable to be let out on the streets, so any doo doo on the pavements will likely have been done with an owner present.

Say anything to them and you get a torrent of abuse, if they don't care about what the animal is doing then they don't care about what anyone else has to say to them about it.

The same goes for spitting, I saw a youth of about 11yrs spit on the pavement the other day, it landed about 6" from the gutter that would have been a better place to flob should he have a need to, he probably didn't.
Say anything and you get abuse.

So venting on here is going to do nothing but allow you to vent as they won't be reading it or taking any notice should they ever be bothered to.
They don't care - isn't our society a wonderful thing
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 17:11   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post

So venting on here is going to do nothing but allow you to vent as they won't be reading it or taking any notice should they ever be bothered to.
They don't care - isn't our society a wonderful thing
Yes, OUR society is wonderful there are folk like Margaret Pilkington and others that make it so, nothing wrong with venting your spleen, it's like going for a daily carp, we all leave it until the last minute, that adds to the excitement, (will I make it or will I? )

THEY might not care, but even folk like me do.
Sometimes, that is as good as you're going to get.
But like the old BT ad used to say, it's nice to talk.
Old 24-08-2016, 17:54   #12

Hi rainbowsix,you are quite right we don't know how my little friend got infected,I was just stating one of the causes could be dog poo.Another point,though it pains me to defend them,it isn't just the 'scrotes' that are to blame.Yesterday I was sat on a park bench ( in Southport),car (I think a Bmw) pulls up across the street,mid aged woman a lights from said vehicle followed by dog.Dog cocks a leg then leaves a dollop at the kerb.GOBSMACKED I asked her to pick it up.......*#$*!!# was her reply.The police in Southport are now in possession of her car registration.
AccyMad and RainbowSix like this.
Old 24-08-2016, 18:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermum View Post
Hi rainbowsix,you are quite right we don't know how my little friend got infected,I was just stating one of the causes could be dog poo.Another point,though it pains me to defend them,it isn't just the 'scrotes' that are to blame.Yesterday I was sat on a park bench ( in Southport),car (I think a Bmw) pulls up across the street,mid aged woman a lights from said vehicle followed by dog.Dog cocks a leg then leaves a dollop at the kerb.GOBSMACKED I asked her to pick it up.......*#$*!!# was her reply.The police in Southport are now in possession of her car registration.
Oh, a BMW must be a drug dealer then. ((Or perhaps a politician) could be both!)
Old 25-08-2016, 10:28   #14

Unfortunately BMW ownership comes with a "I don't give a $$$$" permit that applies to this as well as obeying traffic laws, needing consideration for other drivers and keeping suitable distances from the back of them etc.

You need one of these permits to drive in the outside lane on a motorway and god help you if you do not have one, a BMW will be inches from your rear before you know it.
Compound that with dog ownership and you get people like the woman Boxermum met.

RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..