Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Bash Railway Line (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/bash-railway-line-57076.html)

shillelagh 03-03-2011 22:53

Bash Railway Line

10 Attachment(s)
I was reading last weeks accy observer and there was a piece about the railway line how they'd put willow sculptures up .... anyway had a walk down there today .. all the way to accy and back .. and yes im aching ... anyway i have a question .. found the dogwalker, the man on the bench .. but where are the dragonflies, butterflies and owls .. couldnt see them ... anyway heres some pics ...

cashman 03-03-2011 23:03

Re: Bash Railway Line

some good uns yon, cracker of spugs in pic 4.:D

shillelagh 03-03-2011 23:05

after the week hes had cashy .... i wouldnt be surprised!!!:D:D:D

Alan Varrechia 03-03-2011 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 888978)
I was reading last weeks accy observer and there was a piece about the railway line how they'd put willow sculptures up .... anyway had a walk down there today .. all the way to accy and back .. and yes im aching ... anyway i have a question .. found the dogwalker, the man on the bench .. but where are the dragonflies, butterflies and owls .. couldnt see them ... anyway heres some pics ...

I don't know call me a nostalgic old fool but i hate to see these disused railway lines.
Excellent piccies though.:D

katex 04-03-2011 00:07

That sounds really good, Shill ... where do you pick it up both in Accrigton and Baxenden ? Didn't say in the paper.

katex 04-03-2011 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 888991)
I don't know call me a nostalgic old fool but i hate to see these disused railway lines.
Excellent piccies though.:D

You would have loved the lecture tonight then on the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in East Lancashire. Lots of shots of Baxenden and other local stations, sheds and engines. Great stuff.

entwisi 04-03-2011 07:18

It starts on Mount street/Nuttall street where there used to be a bridge over the road, from Baxenden if you go down Hill Street and through the allotments there is a path down to it, you can also get down to it down the road at teh side of Bash Con club and down alliance street, it "ends " at Hollands Pies ( There is a road down the side of a detached house that leads to it)

At the right time of year there is an absolute cart load of blackberries growing nearly full length of the path. We took Siobhan blackberrying there last year

entwisi 04-03-2011 07:33

Trying again to put a link in as Mick reckons they didn;t work last time and my edit time has run out

Manchester rd acc, Accrington - Google Maps

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...,0.008186&z=17

Tested, seem to be fine now Mick! ;)

Mick 04-03-2011 07:44

yep fine now :D

jaysay 04-03-2011 09:18

Some great pics Jen thanks for sharing

Mancie 04-03-2011 22:31

Great pics..all look familar and seems like it's been done up since my days up there rabbitin at dawn... but did sneak over to have some pies away from the hollands vans when I was stationed at Rising Bridge :D

wadey 05-03-2011 10:21

You might like this exploration of the tunnels and drains, very interesting

“Tom Doole" mill leats and mine drain, Baxenden - October 2010 - NorthWest Exploration Forum

shillelagh 05-03-2011 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 889210)
Great pics..all look familar and seems like it's been done up since my days up there rabbitin at dawn... but did sneak over to have some pies away from the hollands vans when I was stationed at Rising Bridge :D

if you wanted to swipe the pies from the hollands vans now you best have springs on the bottom of your shoes :D:D:D ....theres 6ft fencing and security guards and cctv now round hollands .... bash chemicals has it as well ...

Mancie 05-03-2011 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 889540)
if you wanted to swipe the pies from the hollands vans now you best have springs on the bottom of your shoes :D:D:D ....theres 6ft fencing and security guards and cctv now round hollands .... bash chemicals has it as well ...

I know shillelagh.. them fences were put up at least 30yrs ago.. but when we were kids it was open... you could sneak up there in the dark and nick a few pies.. mind you we were starving up Rising Bridge in them days.:D

shillelagh 05-03-2011 22:51

i know ... i was chased my the security guards enough going down to the lodges ...