Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 14:30   #6376

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I had a play about with exposure in town then went to Blackburn, stopping off and taking a picture of vine mill from a pub car park in oswaldtwistle

Attachment 37693 Attachment 37694 Attachment 37695 Attachment 37696 Attachment 37697 Attachment 37699 Attachment 37700 Attachment 37701
I like the motion of the cars - nice night scenes. Is that Blackburn Cathedral in number 7? My grandparents were married there.
mobertol likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2014, 14:31   #6377

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Something new from me today, miniature faking, tweak a photo in an attempt to make it look like a miniature model. My first attempt, probably could have done with a better starting pic.
I wondered how that was done! Very interesting
Old 06-02-2014, 14:37   #6378
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I wondered how that was done! Very interesting
This is the tutorial I followed if you fancy giving it a go.
How to Create Tilt-Shift in Photoshop
Turtle likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 15:55   #6379
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I like the motion of the cars - nice night scenes. Is that Blackburn Cathedral in number 7? My grandparents were married there.
Cheers T,Sure is Blackburn Cathedral,what a grand building
Turtle likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 16:03   #6380
God Member

Well - has been a feast of a catch-up! Love the Scottish photos - did you pre-book the rainbows G-P? The miniaturization of the viaduct is a very clever effect too. Nice photos about town/Ossy and B'burn from our urban explorer and Dave of your Harwood photos I loved number five of Pendle Hill best - great colours -it looks like a tapestry! I was stuck in for a few days with rain - feeling depressed - cheered up no end today -first because the sun was out and I had a long walk and now because of the lovely photos I've seen here and the company of all your comments and exchanges. Hope my own efforts from today are acceptable - still using my little camera - it's struggling to zoom in and out -perhaps affected by the recent damp weather! I plan a trip to a camera shop in Cremona tomorrow to try handling some camera's (Dave's good advice as I don't know how/where to start looking for one!) - I have a free day all to myself and a look round the new violin museum is also planned -hope they'll let me take some photos!
Turtle likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 16:10   #6381
God Member

Today's walk out to a farm a few miles away - half restored beautifully in one part and crumbling away in the other part across the lane. The whole dates to the same period but the restored part was the original owner's villa and the chapel. (I have put some photos of this on before - there's a gorgeous courtyard with pool which was closed today!) Hope you'll appreciate the contrast - especially between the new and old arched entrance doors - the old one has a very old faded sundial on the wall and the road into the place (last shot) still has the old 1940's street lamp and original milestones. Number 6 is what lies behind the place - the Alps are hinted at in the cloud line!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9965.jpg (171.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9969.jpg (161.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9971.jpg (164.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9975.jpg (138.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9976.jpg (144.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9979.jpg (62.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9989.jpg (144.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9990.jpg (197.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9991.jpg (141.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9993.jpg (142.4 KB, 9 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 06-02-2014 at 16:11. Reason: Adding description
Old 06-02-2014, 16:37   #6382
God Member

[QUOTE=Accyexplorer;1093274]I had a play about with exposure in town then went to Blackburn, stopping off and taking a picture of vine mill from a pub car park in oswaldtwistle

Great pics there, bud. But where's the bloody snow
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 16:46   #6383
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Eric;1093341]
Quote:
I had a play about with exposure in town then went to Blackburn, stopping off and taking a picture of vine mill from a pub car park in oswaldtwistle

Great pics there, bud. But where's the bloody snow
Cheers,give it a week or two

password--Accyweb
Old 06-02-2014, 16:47   #6384
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Today's walk out to a farm a few miles away - half restored beautifully in one part and crumbling away in the other part across the lane. The whole dates to the same period but the restored part was the original owner's villa and the chapel. (I have put some photos of this on before - there's a gorgeous courtyard with pool which was closed today!) Hope you'll appreciate the contrast - especially between the new and old arched entrance doors - the old one has a very old faded sundial on the wall and the road into the place (last shot) still has the old 1940's street lamp and original milestones. Number 6 is what lies behind the place - the Alps are hinted at in the cloud line!
Right up my street,Nice1
mobertol likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 06-02-2014, 19:27   #6385
God Member

Quote:
Right up my street,Nice1
Lol! I thought that while there - you'd have gone into all the most dangerous bits where the roof beams had fallen in and past the signs saying "Entry forbidden"! There are loads of CCTV cameras covering the place from the restored side - rumour has it that the owners have had their assets frozen as they are under scrutiny for possible fraud/money laundering (that word that begins with a capital "M" and is well-known as being "made in Italy" )
Accyexplorer likes this.

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 06-02-2014 at 19:30.
Old 06-02-2014, 19:28   #6386
Senior Member+

A few more attempts at miniature fakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01287.jpg (489.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01355-2.jpg (495.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P9220668.jpg (414.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01301.jpg (143.5 KB, 13 views)
mobertol, davemac, Turtle and 1 others like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 21:01   #6387
Senior Member+

Quote:
You have access to some very interesting architecture and landscapes, what was the thinking behind the door in number 1, nice selection today. Who's idea was it to knock a hole through an old wall mounted sundial to put some wires through, smacked legs for that one.
mobertol likes this.

Last edited by davemac; 06-02-2014 at 21:03.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 21:07   #6388
Senior Member+

Quote:
Lol! I thought that while there - you'd have gone into all the most dangerous bits where the roof beams had fallen in and past the signs saying "Entry forbidden"! There are loads of CCTV cameras covering the place from the restored side - rumour has it that the owners have had their assets frozen as they are under scrutiny for possible fraud/money laundering (that word that begins with a capital "M" and is well-known as being "made in Italy" )
Don't go in there then, you could find a horses head in bed. Very Cosy nostrils, I think that's how its pronounced.
mobertol likes this.
Old 06-02-2014, 21:24   #6389
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, today just seemed to go around and around.

1. It's your turn, no it's your turn.
2. Looking over Ossy to Pendle Hill.
3. A bit of moorland.
4. They are a bit like Blackpool Tower, they follow you around.
5. Not what you would expect, attached to it was a card asking the finder to make contact with the school to say where it was found, I have emailed, and tomorrow will post the pictures and the card back, Birchfields Primary School,Fallowfield, Manchester.
6. Time to get wet.
7. Not wet yet, must get closer.
8. Pass the soap.
9. Not all the seeds have left home.
10. The outflow from the reservoir. (Jackhouse reservoir)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1778.JPG (388.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1790.JPG (432.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1797.JPG (492.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1809.JPG (490.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1820.JPG (425.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1846.JPG (426.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1854.JPG (434.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1861.JPG (495.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1870.JPG (478.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1020579.JPG (418.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-02-2014, 22:22   #6390

Quote:
Well - has been a feast of a catch-up! Love the Scottish photos - did you pre-book the rainbows G-P? The miniaturization of the viaduct is a very clever effect too. Nice photos about town/Ossy and B'burn from our urban explorer and Dave of your Harwood photos I loved number five of Pendle Hill best - great colours -it looks like a tapestry! I was stuck in for a few days with rain - feeling depressed - cheered up no end today -first because the sun was out and I had a long walk and now because of the lovely photos I've seen here and the company of all your comments and exchanges. Hope my own efforts from today are acceptable - still using my little camera - it's struggling to zoom in and out -perhaps affected by the recent damp weather! I plan a trip to a camera shop in Cremona tomorrow to try handling some camera's (Dave's good advice as I don't know how/where to start looking for one!) - I have a free day all to myself and a look round the new violin museum is also planned -hope they'll let me take some photos!
I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, Diane
Enjoy the violins and a play session with some new cameras!
mobertol likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..