Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 22:39   #4876

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, Mercer Park and a bit of the Churchyard.

1. The Autumn flowering plants are just starting to make an appearance.
2. Mercer House, for a short time this used to be my office, bottom right window.
3. Begonias are still trying their best, other summer bedding has given up the ghost.
4. Looks like a Campanula, but will throw that up in the air.
5. Just a couple of ends after lunch.
6. Looking up toward the memorial.
7. Have been stalking this butterfly all summer for a good shot, the Speckled Wood Butterfly on a Sedum.
8. Growing on the "footy" area.
9. In All Saints Churchyard, a Brittlegill Fungi, one day I will be on the floor like this and someone will give me CPR.
10. I went all giddy when I found this, its a Giant Polypore, the size of dustbin lid, it's the biggest fungi I have come across so far.
It must have been a special outing for you! Great shots.
Is the gentleman in #5 playing bowls? (or 'bowels' as my Grandad used to say in his best Snuffy 'Arrod accent).
I recognize the begonias - they're a favourite of mine because of their intense colours. There's a frost warning here tonight (Boo Hiss!) so mine might bite the dust, sadly.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2013, 22:45   #4877

Smile Re: Today in pictures

Went for a drive with hubby today to pick up hard-to-get deli items in the next town.
As the weather was so nice, we took the scenic route. I snapped photos on the way back with my cell phone camera.

1. There's a bend in the road coming up.
2. A tree (taking photos to distract myself).
3. More trees (not a Top Gear moment today, thank you. Hubby is restraining himself)
4. Going a bit faster now.
5. Better watch out: there are four- legged beasts afoot!
6. Fence made of tree roots.
7. Ah... Ice Cream! (Not really, we stopped for apples)
8. A Happy Snap.
9. Another Happy Snap - I just liked the colours. Fall is just around the corner, got to make the most of days like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1925.JPG (143.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1911.JPG (146.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1922.jpg (409.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1924.JPG (163.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1907.JPG (276.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1909.JPG (317.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1930.JPG (190.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1928.JPG (189.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1915.JPG (188.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-09-2013, 23:04   #4878
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
It must have been a special outing for you! Great shots.
Is the gentleman in #5 playing bowls? (or 'bowels' as my Grandad used to say in his best Snuffy 'Arrod accent).
I recognize the begonias - they're a favourite of mine because of their intense colours. There's a frost warning here tonight (Boo Hiss!) so mine might bite the dust, sadly.
It was only a quick walk as Bob had to go for his booster shot mid afternoon, and yes bowls was being played, there were three people whizzing the woods about.

Its a bit early for frost here, however rain is forecast for the next few days, begonias are a good choice over here as they tolerate wet conditions very well, and thrive were other plants just die.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 23:09   #4879
Senior Member+

Quote:
Went for a drive with hubby today to pick up hard-to-get deli items in the next town.
As the weather was so nice, we took the scenic route. I snapped photos on the way back with my cell phone camera.

1. There's a bend in the road coming up.
2. A tree (taking photos to distract myself).
3. More trees (not a Top Gear moment today, thank you. Hubby is restraining himself)
4. Going a bit faster now.
5. Better watch out: there are four- legged beasts afoot!
6. Fence made of tree roots.
7. Ah... Ice Cream! (Not really, we stopped for apples)
8. A Happy Snap.
9. Another Happy Snap - I just liked the colours. Fall is just around the corner, got to make the most of days like this.
Nice selection, and a sunny day as well, Autumn over there can be spectacular.
Turtle likes this.
Old 06-09-2013, 20:21   #4880
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, it was forecast for rain, and rain it did.

1. Look at this and play the theme from Coronation Street in your head.
2. The lane between Lower Barnes Street and the Hyndburn Bridge pub. The fact that it is cobbled means it must have had some importance when industry thrived down here.
3. Due to the rain there has to be a moist moment.
4. River Hyndburn as it heads for the pub.
5. Change of direction, same river.
6. Wet stuff all around.
7. Just time for another moist moment.
8. Alright then, one more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1210623.JPG (412.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1210627.JPG (412.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1210629.JPG (471.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1210644.JPG (472.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1210647.JPG (435.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1210650.jpg (108.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1210652.JPG (443.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1210656.JPG (485.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-09-2013, 20:27   #4881
Senior Member+

Quote:

2. The lane between Lower Barnes Street and the Hyndburn Bridge pub. The fact that it is cobbled means it must have had some importance when industry thrived down here.
6. Wet stuff all around.
I'll bet you were in your element today.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 20:36   #4882
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I'll bet you were in your element today.
I did think when I set off that moistness was on the agenda, but was sad to say it was the wrong sort of rain for too many moist moments.
Old 06-09-2013, 20:59   #4883
Beacon of light

I was only thinking recently that this must be the first time for months that you got your gusset wet.
It has been a spectacular summer.......and has been fine and dry for most of the school holidays.......and the children must be laughing, now they have gone back to school, and taken the fine weather with them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 22:42   #4884
Senior Member+

Sadly at the moment I have lost the enthusiasm. Might sell my camera. Afterall I will prob keep upgrading phones and eventually end up with 300 mega pixel by time I am daves and gremlims age
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 22:44   #4885
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was only thinking recently that this must be the first time for months that you got your gusset wet.
It has been a spectacular summer.......and has been fine and dry for most of the school holidays.......and the children must be laughing, now they have gone back to school, and taken the fine weather with them.
Its only the last few days that I have had to put my waterproof jacket on, I have gone right through the Summer without it, I wonder if this indicates a rough Winter?
Old 06-09-2013, 22:47   #4886
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Sadly at the moment I have lost the enthusiasm. Might sell my camera. Afterall I will prob keep upgrading phones and eventually end up with 300 mega pixel by time I am daves and gremlims age
Enthusiasm comes and goes, but if you sell your camera and it returns you will be sad.
Old 06-09-2013, 23:12   #4887
Senior Member+

Quote:
Enthusiasm comes and goes, but if you sell your camera and it returns you will be sad.
Good advice....Will take it into consideration

There is a photo I want to take..... I am stuck on this idea for a picture but do not know how to go about it. I want to stand in the middle of Accy Stanley(even though I don't like football and yet I wear a Stanley hat) and do a photosphere.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 23:21   #4888

Quote:

6. Wet stuff all around.
Lovely shots, in spite of the rain. What are the flowers in the last two? They look like some sort of orchid!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:39   #4889
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Good advice....Will take it into consideration

There is a photo I want to take..... I am stuck on this idea for a picture but do not know how to go about it. I want to stand in the middle of Accy Stanley(even though I don't like football and yet I wear a Stanley hat) and do a photosphere.
If you want to take it, ask the groundsman when he is knocking about, or do you want it full of spectators ? Or write a letter to the club, I am sure they will assist. Whichever way, do it.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52   #4890
Senior Member+

Quote:
Lovely shots, in spite of the rain. What are the flowers in the last two? They look like some sort of orchid!
The weather here has started to be wet, and with that brings with it more opportunities for moist moments, and I do like to be out in all types of weather, especially the frosty bits.
The plant you see is a very common weed here, Himalayan Balsam, and has become very invasive, but it does have a nice flower, it can get over 6 feet tall. It was introduced in 1839 by Kew Gardens as an ornamental plant but soon escaped into the wild and became the problem it is today, along with Giant Hogweed and Japanese Knotweed, another two plants that are invasive and push out native species.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..