Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2013, 20:00   #5626
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a walk in the woods, so its wood, trees, leaves, and a few wet bits.

1. The leaves are covering the floor now.
2. And now the wet bits.
3. This is the stream that flows through Childers Green and then Castle Clough.
4. Signs of some industrial use, but no other signs remain.
5. Same picture in colour.
6. Almost as far up as we can go.
7. All that remains of a tree.
8. I think they are huddling together to guard against the cold.
9.The quarry, and it appears that there is an extra wind turbine, there was three the last time I visited.
10. Heading back down the hill, and with that the walk through Hameldon Woods finishes.
Love no 8 as well as Margaret, Dave, You excelled in getting ladybirds this time of year

Last edited by maxthecollie; 24-11-2013 at 20:05.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2013, 20:35   #5627
Beacon of light

Yes, he is Frank.....and I am green with envy(but not the nasty resentful sort - just, the 'I wish I had taken that pic' sort).
MargaretR and davemac like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 20:43   #5628
Beacon of light

A little while ago on this thread I said I had an idea for a picture, but had to wait until there was a row of Royal Mail post vans on the parking lot opposite Old and Bargain...well on Friday the vans were parked in a row and I took this shot...
So I know it isn't todays pic, but for the last couple of days I have uploaded a full complement of shots...and didn't want to get into trouble with Mick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6160.jpg (540.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 24-11-2013, 22:05   #5629
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If you take in colour.....you can always modify a pic to mono.....if you take in mono, then you cannot covert to colour......and what you may see as having less impact, may not be the same for your audience.....and I say this with the utmost respect.
Dave, I haven't seen a bad pic from you EVER. There is always a possibility that a pic can be improved by editing, even if that just means cropping a shot to make subject more impressive.
You are too kind, and I understand what you say about a black and white, it will always be just that, and I dont think I would take a monochrome and not take a corresponding colour. Having said that It was just an accident that I took a black and white, played around for a bit, then it was back to colour, and photoscape.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 22:12   #5630
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Love no 8 as well as Margaret, Dave, You excelled in getting ladybirds this time of year
Quote:
Yes, he is Frank.....and I am green with envy(but not the nasty resentful sort - just, the 'I wish I had taken that pic' sort).
It was another of those shots that I wasn't looking for, I was taking a shot of the quarry at the top of the woods, and had my elbow on the top of the post holding the camera. I was just looking at the barbed wire so I didn't rip my coat and noticed a flash of red, bish bash bosh......ladybirds.
Old 24-11-2013, 22:18   #5631
Senior Member+

Quote:
A little while ago on this thread I said I had an idea for a picture, but had to wait until there was a row of Royal Mail post vans on the parking lot opposite Old and Bargain...well on Friday the vans were parked in a row and I took this shot...
So I know it isn't todays pic, but for the last couple of days I have uploaded a full complement of shots...and didn't want to get into trouble with Mick.
I remember you saying about the vans but couldn't just think where the parking space was, nice concept and colour isolation, and worth the wait.
Old 25-11-2013, 01:11   #5632
Resting In Peace

The framing in no 9 makes for a really good pic.

You could do a book of pics of walks through the seasons - I'm sure we'd all buy a copy!
Old 25-11-2013, 06:30   #5633
Senior Member+

Quote:
Great Shot Margaret
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 12:00   #5634

Quote:
A really nice shot. I like the thought behind it. Very creative
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 12:25   #5635
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You are too kind, and I understand what you say about a black and white, it will always be just that, and I dont think I would take a monochrome and not take a corresponding colour. Having said that It was just an accident that I took a black and white, played around for a bit, then it was back to colour, and photoscape.
No, not kind.....just honest.
I can remember when Black and White were the only pics available......and my dear old dad sitting at the kitchen table colouring the wedding pics he had taken(meticulously referring to his scribbled notes over the colours of the flowers, and the bridesmaids frocks) with the special photographic colouring pencils......the expensive ones we found in the drawer and used to draw on the bedroom wallpaper(I can still feel my bum cheeks stinging when I think about it).

There are some pics which need colour......those red, gold and russet fallen leaves would not have the same impact in mono.....the picture that you took with the ladybirds is of that nature too.....it is the surprise that the splash of red gives.

Dave you have a great handle on this photography lark. You just keep on doing what you do.....you bring happiness to those who don't get to the places you can get to......and if ever you can't get out and about(heaven forbid!) you have some wonderful pics to entertain you!
davemac likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-11-2013 at 12:27.
Old 25-11-2013, 12:26   #5636
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
A really nice shot. I like the thought behind it. Very creative
Thank you Turtle. Sometimes I can see the shots I want in my head.....but you cannot always plan for them.
I'm glad you like my efforts.
Turtle likes this.
Old 25-11-2013, 13:25   #5637

Quote:
I can remember when Black and White were the only pics available......and my dear old dad sitting at the kitchen table colouring the wedding pics he had taken(meticulously referring to his scribbled notes over the colours of the flowers, and the bridesmaids frocks) with the special photographic colouring pencils......the expensive ones we found in the drawer and used to draw on the bedroom wallpaper(I can still feel my bum cheeks stinging when I think about it).

There are some pics which need colour......those red, gold and russet fallen leaves would not have the same impact in mono.....the picture that you took with the ladybirds is of that nature too.....it is the surprise that the splash of red gives.

Dave you have a great handle on this photography lark. You just keep on doing what you do.....you bring happiness to those who don't get to the places you can get to......and if ever you can't get out and about(heaven forbid!) you have some wonderful pics to entertain you!
I couldn't have said it better, Margaret
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 15:13   #5638
Senior Member+

Just a couple of pics from this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB250169.jpg (168.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg PB250170.jpg (130.2 KB, 10 views)
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 21:09   #5639
Senior Member+

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I couldn't have said it better, Margaret
I am blushing, and just glad other people like my output.
Although this photography malarkey is really a selfish pastime for myself. I use the fact that I am walking the dog and taking photos as my escape for a while, to get out, and away from things, and if I am honest I prefer it when I am on my own and with the dog.
If I want to faff about taking snaps, and move around trying different angles, I can do that on my own, however if I am accompanied I am aware that they are not taking snaps, or don't want to slide down a muddy slope to get a waterfall snap. I was trying to get back up a slippy slope today and said to myself, I will be glad when I am to old for this, but to be honest I hope I never am, as, for a while, I am a big kid again. There is also the stretching of time element, I say to my wife as I shut the door on the way out "be about an hour", she knows I could be much longer than that, so doesn't ring for International Rescue two hours later.

Having done all that I am glad to be able to share my pictures, and to look at other people pictures, it is always interesting to see how other people take photos, and this gives me ideas as I hope mine do for other people.
Old 25-11-2013, 21:15   #5640
Beacon of light

Dave, I also hope you never get too old for the slippin' and slidin'....I also hope you never lose the enthusiasm which has proved so infectious...and of course we get ideas from you....and that is exactly how it should be.

Even the humblest snaps have something in them...they mean something...and you are right about every picture being different..even if it is of the same view...every photographer has a different perspective, and will bring out something that perhaps you didn't see in the shot.
davemac and Turtle like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..