Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2013, 21:17   #5641
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

Oh...and how can this photography malarkey be selfish when it gives so much pleasure and interest to others?
Answers on a postcard...no prizes for the best answer.
maxthecollie, davemac and Turtle like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2013, 21:28   #5642
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, I thought I would keep Bob clean today, so chose the Coppice as it has hard footpaths. I turned up, there was diggers, tractors, trailers, dumper trucks, piles of stone, muddy tracks in fact it looked like a building site, they are laying hard surfaces right around the Coppice. It will be nice when completed, just a tad dirty at the moment.

1. Walking in the opposite direction to all the plant.
2. Some of the first paths put in as part of the regeneration.
3. I am on the top of one hill taking snaps of another hill.
4. The third reservoir down, reflections in the water and spire farm in the distance.
5. Water channelled for industrial use.
6. Wet water whizzing past.
7. The second reservoir with just a hint of ice on the water.
8. Frozen droplets, you can get cream for that.
9. By-pass on the left, and rolling countryside.
10. Groins, this stops the rising tide from removing the beach..........or..............stops the hillside eroding down the hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1310940.jpg (135.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1310946.JPG (436.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1310956.JPG (332.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1310969.JPG (420.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1310987.jpg (138.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1320014.jpg (141.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1320025.JPG (410.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1320036.JPG (381.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1320040.JPG (458.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1320086.jpg (136.5 KB, 14 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 21:48   #5643

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I am blushing, and just glad other people like my output.
Although this photography malarkey is really a selfish pastime for myself. I use the fact that I am walking the dog and taking photos as my escape for a while, to get out, and away from things, and if I am honest I prefer it when I am on my own and with the dog.
If I want to faff about taking snaps, and move around trying different angles, I can do that on my own, however if I am accompanied I am aware that they are not taking snaps, or don't want to slide down a muddy slope to get a waterfall snap. I was trying to get back up a slippy slope today and said to myself, I will be glad when I am to old for this, but to be honest I hope I never am, as, for a while, I am a big kid again. There is also the stretching of time element, I say to my wife as I shut the door on the way out "be about an hour", she knows I could be much longer than that, so doesn't ring for International Rescue two hours later.

Having done all that I am glad to be able to share my pictures, and to look at other people pictures, it is always interesting to see how other people take photos, and this gives me ideas as I hope mine do for other people.
The whole idea of this 'Today in Pictures' thread that you started Dave is inspiring to me, even though I don't often walk out and take pictures (I will work on that!). I was out for a drive today, and in the midst of all the grey that is November, I was looking out the car window and thinking to myself: that tree would make a great shot against that sky, or I wonder if my Accy Web friends would like this view. It's a way of being, a way of seeing the world, and I for one am grateful for it. Many thanks fellow photographers.
mobertol likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 23:06   #5644
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
The whole idea of this 'Today in Pictures' thread that you started Dave is inspiring to me, even though I don't often walk out and take pictures (I will work on that!). I was out for a drive today, and in the midst of all the grey that is November, I was looking out the car window and thinking to myself: that tree would make a great shot against that sky, or I wonder if my Accy Web friends would like this view. It's a way of being, a way of seeing the world, and I for one am grateful for it. Many thanks fellow photographers.
We would always like to see your pictures, its a window into another country.
The thinking "that would make a nice photo" is the inspiration to take your camera with you whenever you are out, so instead of thinking that would make a nice photo, it becomes a nice photo.
I think all the contributers have in a way improved from submitting their pictures, if you look back at the start of the thread and look at todays offerings, subjects and composition has improved right across the board and we are now getting pictures that I and others say "I wish I had taken that".

I look at photography, a bit like fishing, but not, "you should have seen what I caught yesterday", more like, "you should see what I am catching tomorrow".
Old 26-11-2013, 02:44   #5645
Resting In Peace

Post Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Today in Pictures, I thought I would keep Bob clean today, so chose the Coppice as it has hard footpaths. I turned up, there was diggers, tractors, trailers, dumper trucks, piles of stone, muddy tracks in fact it looked like a building site, they are laying hard surfaces right around the Coppice. It will be nice when completed, just a tad dirty at the moment..
3 and 4 are just lovely... might be the lateness of the hour but in 5 I can see the top half of a dog's face... an eye each side of the waterfall which makes a white furry nose, and two ears one on each side of the face and sticking up a bit. And no I haven't been drinking!
davemac likes this.
Old 26-11-2013, 06:55   #5646
JCB

Quote:
Today in Pictures, I thought I would keep Bob clean today, so chose the Coppice as it has hard footpaths. I turned up, there was diggers, tractors, trailers, dumper trucks, piles of stone, muddy tracks in fact it looked like a building site, they are laying hard surfaces right around the Coppice. It will be nice when completed, just a tad dirty at the moment.

4. The third reservoir down, reflections in the water and spire farm in the distance.
10. Groins, this stops the rising tide from removing the beach..........or..............stops the hillside eroding down the hill.
I really like number 4 .
davemac likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 07:00   #5647
Beacon of light

I really hate wind turbines, but your picture of them in the distance make me want to change my mind.....just a little bit. That is a spectacular picture Dave.
They are all superb, but that one takes the biscuit for me.
Well captured......I wish I had got that one!
mobertol and davemac like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 09:30   #5648
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
3 and 4 are just lovely... might be the lateness of the hour but in 5 I can see the top half of a dog's face... an eye each side of the waterfall which makes a white furry nose, and two ears one on each side of the face and sticking up a bit. And no I haven't been drinking!
It just shows we all see something differently in each others pictures, and no I cant see it, but will look at the original again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I really like number 4 .
It was the competition theme that sort of made me think more of reflections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I really hate wind turbines, but your picture of them in the distance make me want to change my mind.....just a little bit. That is a spectacular picture Dave.
They are all superb, but that one takes the biscuit for me.
Well captured......I wish I had got that one!
I like the turbines, I think they have a presence that we are unable to escape, they are visible from all sorts of places and act as a direction finder for Ossy moors.I have stood underneath them, and the size close up is intimidating, and the noise they make in windy conditions can be overpowering. I walked amongst the parts when they were being constructed, and one section of the upright tubing was bigger in diameter than my house, that said, I wouldn't want one in the yard.
Old 26-11-2013, 09:59   #5649

Quote:

I used to see Spire farm from the other direction when I lived up Sandy Lane - from about the same distance. I always thought it was a castle! Now after following the thread from not too long ago I know otherwise. Gorgeous countryside - I 'enjoyed' it on my long walks to and from school, even with freezing cold knees. At my school, girls weren't allowed to wear long pants then.
I really like your reflection shots, and the 'diamonds' in number 8.
Old 26-11-2013, 10:04   #5650
JCB

Quote:
It was the competition theme that sort of made me think more of reflections.
This is one I took a few years back of Hagg Lodge . I was quite chuffed with it , but not a patch on yours .

Do you recognize anyone in the second photo ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 429.jpg (547.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 398.jpg (557.6 KB, 21 views)
shillelagh and mobertol like this.
Old 26-11-2013, 10:22   #5651
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
This is one I took a few years back of Hagg Lodge . I was quite chuffed with it , but not a patch on yours .

Do you recognize anyone in the second photo ?
Is that a young Michael Mcintyre in the brown jacket?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 11:05   #5652

Yesterday I saw this abandoned house at the side of a busy road. It must have been a grand farm house in its day. Now it sits waiting for the wrecking ball. So sad. The owners must have enjoyed sitting on the veranda watching the setting sun, overlooking their land. That tree must have been planted when the house was first built - it seems to have grown to be part of the house. Inspired by Dave Mac and Margaret P. I tried a bit of B&W and texturizing. Lots of fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg derelict house colour.jpg (163.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Derelict House B&W.jpg (359.9 KB, 12 views)
shillelagh likes this.
Old 26-11-2013, 11:18   #5653
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Is that a young Michael Mcintyre in the brown jacket?
No . Think "Royalty" .
Old 26-11-2013, 11:47   #5654
Senior Member+

Duchess of Gloucester?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 11:51   #5655
God Member

this one -
Katharine, Duchess of Kent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JCB and gpick24 like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..